What is your favorite Solstice-Class ship?

cruising_Bif

Favorite Solstice-Class Ship  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Solstice-Class Ship

• Solstice
    • Equinox
    • Eclipse
    • Silhouette
    • Reflection

The one I am on:D

Seriously this is too hard a poll.

I loved the design changes on Reflection.

Our first S class was the Eclipse and as she sails from Southampton we travel on her as often as possible,

However the crew on the Equinox were the brill,

But Sue the CD made the Solstice a delight.

The one I am on:D

Seriously this is too hard a poll.

I loved the design changes on Reflection.

Our first S class was the Eclipse and as she sails from Southampton we travel on her as often as possible,

However the crew on the Equinox were the brill,

But Sue the CD made the Solstice a delight.

Are you talking Sue Denning?

I thought she was CD on Eclipse.

Haven't voted, as I have only sailed Eclipse x2, but am booked on Reflection, so am interested in opinions.

Yes, she was on our Solstice cruise from Barcelona 3 years ago.

The CD's move around, Host Andy has posted she leaves the Eclipse on the 7th of June. We sail on her again in August so unfortunately we will miss her. I think the CD has a large influence on the ships vibe. The CD on the Reflection was only there to cover for illness he was called Alexandro and into Latin dancing ..... I had sore feet every morning...he was fun.

You must have cruised more than one Solstice-class ship to participate!

I would have to say the Silhouette. We love the lawn Grill and the porch and other then the Reflection, none of the other Solstice Class ships have theses venues. The Lawn Grill has the best steak and fish on board IMO. We dine their at least twice on a one week sailing. We also enjoy the Alcoves as they are very comfortable and peaceful. We try to rent them a couple of times per cruise also.

Have seen the Corning Glass show a few times- after one or two times sitting on hard wooden benches for an hour and a half- my back hurts- it is also very hot and if you try to see it during the afternoon, you may be sitting in the hot sun. Not great for the over 50 crowd. I think Celebrity should, after a few years, discontinue that show and replace it with something else.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Eclipse for the Caribbean itineraries.

Strange but we like Reflection the least because of the smaller Sky Lounge and the art auctions up there.

We have not used the alcoves but found the grass area very restricted on RF.

I would agree that the staff on board is more important than any structural difference.

I would love to try the Eclipse, but it seems to only do 2-week sailings. Does anybody know if it ever does week-long sailings in the Caribbean or anywhere else?

No. Eclipse 14 nights

Reflection, Silhouette 7 night

Summit 7 night San Juan

Constellation 4, 5 8... ??

I have sailed on the Solstice 3x and the Reflection once on a westbound TA. I am a big fan of the Solstice and the "S" class ships but I choose the Reflection because of the addition of the Porch and the Sunset Bar area is much better.

Chris

I would love to try the Eclipse, but it seems to only do 2-week sailings. Does anybody know if it ever does week-long sailings in the Caribbean or anywhere else?

I recall seeing some shorter sailings on Eclipse beginning in fall of next year.

Unfortunately I've had to cancel every Solstice class ship I've booked in the past but I'm hoping to finally make it on the Equinox in December. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've been on Solstice once, it was nice (great hump balcony on resort deck), Martini Bar was great, food & service were so-so. We've been on Equinox twice, same great hump balcony on resort deck, but amazing service, superlative food, wonderful both times. We're going on Eclipse next (itinerary), same hump balcony, hope rest is as good as Equinox. Right now I'd say Equinox hands down

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would have to say the Silhouette. We love the lawn Grill and the porch and other then the Reflection, none of the other Solstice Class ships have theses venues. The Lawn Grill has the best steak and fish on board IMO. We dine their at least twice on a one week sailing.

The Silhouette for us too and for the same reason......Lawn Grill and the Porch:D

I know the design and feature differences among the S-Class ships, but I was wondering if all S-Class ships are "generally" equal in terms of quality of food and entertainment?

IMO the same regarding entertainment- Not the strenght of Celebrity. The food is best on the Reflection and the Silhouette, as you have the Lawn Grill which IMO is the best speciality restaurant of all, and for lunch the porch another good option. Only available on those two S-class ships.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Cruise a holic

I have been on the Eclipse and Equinox, booked the Silhoutte. Only book for the itinerary, this class of ship and design is my least favorite of any ship or cruise line.

Don't like that there is no walkable promenade deck, find the MDR too crowded and noisey. We actually skip the MDR on this class. Tried BlU found it so, so.

Next cruise on the Silhouette to the Eastern Mediterranean, we will stick to the buffet. We booked a 1B cabin since all cabins basically the same.

We are elite on Princess and Celebrity... also cruise HAL, Cunard and NCL.

I have been on the Eclipse and Equinox, booked the Silhoutte. Only book for the itinerary, this class of ship and design is my least favorite of any ship or cruise line.

Don't like that there is no walkable promenade deck, find the MDR too crowded and noisey. We actually skip the MDR on this class. Tried BlU found it so, so.

Next cruise on the Silhouette to the Eastern Mediterranean, we will stick to the buffet. We booked a 1B cabin since all cabins basically the same.

We are elite on Princess and Celebrity... also cruise HAL, Cunard and NCL.

We also get tired of Blu and MDR. Now, we typically book a less expensive cabin and dine nightly in Speciality restaurants and some lunches also. With the money we save from booking a higher category You can book the unlimited speciality resaturants package onboard. It comes to $29 pp daily -it was that in March 2014 and could have changed slightly. IMO money well spent!