Riviera Dining

DaisyUK

Although Oceania gives lots of detail about the dining options on Riviera, I cannot see which restaurants open for breakfast and as there are no breakfast menus, it's not immediately obvious. I am assuming there is a choice of 2 breakfast venues, being the Main Dining Room and the Terrace Cafe. Is this correct? And presumably the MDR is table service and the Terrace Cafe is buffet?

Although Oceania gives lots of detail about the dining options on Riviera, I cannot see which restaurants open for breakfast and as there are no breakfast menus, it's not immediately obvious. I am assuming there is a choice of 2 breakfast venues, being the Main Dining Room and the Terrace Cafe. Is this correct? And presumably the MDR is table service and the Terrace Cafe is buffet?

Grand Dining Room - fully served breakfast

Terrace - extensive buffet with eggs cooked to order etc.

Waves - smaller buffet, but still with lots of hot and cold options and as it's only next door to the Terrace buffet, you can always pop there for something if you can't find it on the Waves buffet. Waves offers breakfast to a later time than the other two venues, so for late risers, a good option, and another outside,but sheltered option if you like eating alfresco.

And of course, there are room service options, and I know there has been some discussion on what is offered depending on your stateroom category. We were in a PH and enjoyed lovely breakfasts brought by our butler (anything we wanted).

I'm sorry I can't remember the opening times, but I'm sure someone else will pop along and tell you when they wake up on the other side of the pond!! ;):)

Grand Dining Room - fully served breakfast

Terrace - extensive buffet with eggs cooked to order etc.

Waves - smaller buffet, but still with lots of hot and cold options and as it's only next door to the Terrace buffet, you can always pop there for something if you can't find it on the Waves buffet. Waves offers breakfast to a later time than the other two venues, so for late risers, a good option, and another outside,but sheltered option if you like eating alfresco.

And of course, there are room service options, and I know there has been some discussion on what is offered depending on your stateroom category. We were in a PH and enjoyed lovely breakfasts brought by our butler (anything we wanted).

I'm sorry I can't remember the opening times, but I'm sure someone else will pop along and tell you when they wake up on the other side of the pond!! ;):)

Thanks for this.. just making sure I'm up to speed. We went on our first cruise last year with Regent and only discovered on the last day that breakfast was available in more than one venue.

And if you eat lightly, one can hop up to Horizons from 0600 and get coffee, tea and pastries at a self serve corner - nice way to meet the chef or sea officers.

Are you aware that on the Riviera, buffets are not self-service. It's one of things that I love about Oceania. It's good from a hygiene point.:eek:

Are you aware that on the Riviera, buffets are not self-service. It's one of things that I love about Oceania. It's good from a hygiene point.:eek:

Haha, yes, that is a good thing!

Normally Waves Grill breakfast is available from 6:30 AM until 11:00 AM; Terrace Cafe breakfast buffet is available from 7:00 AM until 10:00 AM; &

Grand Dining Room breakfast is available from 7:30 AM until 9:30 AM.

We usually avoid buffets because of the hygene angle but make an exception on Oceania. As DW states - I dont go on holiday to serve myself :D Enough said !!

If you are in a concierge cabin or a Penthouse or above, you will also have the concierge or executive lounge options for breakfast. We used this more than we thought we would on a port-intensive cruise - our concierge cabin was near the lounge; we popped in and got coffee, yogurt, bagels etc and went back to the cabin for a super quick breakfast. There are no hot items in the lounges, though. Room service would have been fine too, although as taller folks we found the low coffee table not very comfortable for eating meals.

In a PH cabin on a different sailing we had room service breakfast each day, since we had a nice table/chairs at which to eat it. We still used the Exec Lounge on that trip, albeit less for breakfast and more for tea or late night coffee.

We tried the Terrace 3 times for breakfast on two different sailings but never got a table inside. I think it was just our bad luck as most guests didn't seem to have that problem. Perhaps we were just arriving at the most popular time. On those days we took our Terrace breakfast items out to Waves and ate there, although it could be a bit chilly/windy.

My first sailing on Oceania in a few weeks. Appreciate any feedback regarding dress code.

Most of the brochures talk about dress code (no jeans, T-shirts, sneakers etc.) but do most of the men wear jackets for La Reserve and the specialty dining rooms (Red Ginger, Polo Club, Toscana ????

Terrace, Just to many people at one time with lot's of noise.

MDR, To formal for breakfast.

Room Service, When you want it & just right for me.

Difference of opinion...we avoid the Terrace and love breakfast in the MDR but I hate to tell people because then it will become crowded and noisy just like upstairs. Nothing formal about it but the beautiful setting.

Edited by orchestrapal

Difference of opinion...we avoid the Terrace and love breakfast in the MDR but I hate to tell people because then it will become crowded and noisy just like upstairs. Nothing formal about it but the beautiful setting.

Is there any dresscode in MDR at breakfast or lunch?

My first sailing on Oceania in a few weeks. Appreciate any feedback regarding dress code.

Most of the brochures talk about dress code (no jeans, T-shirts, sneakers etc.) but do most of the men wear jackets for La Reserve and the specialty dining rooms (Red Ginger, Polo Club, Toscana ????

In the dining venues for dinner

You can wear them in the daytime if you want

For evening most people wear smart casual (not jeans) you can wear a jacket if you choose but never required

It is a personal call

Apparently I misspoke when I suggested you search previous threads, as my post was deleted. I did the search and found this, the most recent lengthy discussion of dress "code." Good wishes.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2014445