What are the dining options for suite passengers?

sjde

If we are booked in a Penthouse Suite, do we have our own dining room, rather than using the main dining room?

Is there still a charge to go to the specialty restaurants?

It depends on the ship.

The Epic, Breakaway and Getaway have a dining room in the Haven which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is exclusive to Suite passengers and is free.

Older ships don't have their own dining room for suite guests, but on of the restaurants (usually Cagneys) is open for breakfast and lunch for Suite guests (no charge, but the menu is different from that offered in the evening). There is no Suite dining in the evening on those ships.

You still have to pay for speciality restaurants on all ships.

That explains why I was confused when I kept reading about Cagneys. We will be on the Breakaway.

How does the Haven food compare to the MDR and the specialty restaurants? I know that the menu doesn't change nightly like the MDR.

That explains why I was confused when I kept reading about Cagneys. We will be on the Breakaway.

How does the Haven food compare to the MDR and the specialty restaurants? I know that the menu doesn't change nightly like the MDR.

The Haven restaurant menu does not change except for a special(s) each day. The MDR does change each day with some items being available everyday. We had great meals in the Haven, MDR's and the Specialty Restaurants.

Edited by peg013

I was told on our cruise (I think by the concierge) that the food in the Haven restaurant is "upgraded", but honestly, I saw the same short rib dish I had in the Haven on the MDR menu one night. I'm not sure about that claim. I loved breakfast in the Haven, lunch was also very good, dinner I didn't notice a substantial difference (OK, none really) over the MDR. That said, no reservations, usually no wait, and prompt service in the Haven DR, so right there you can buy yourself a lot of time doing something ELSE that's fun rather than waiting for a meal!

And other than the menu changes, what are the other differences , if any? In quality?

The atmosphere and service is MUCH better in the haven restaurant. Usually not crowded and you are treated very well. In the haven restaurant you are a VIP, in the MDR you are just another face in the crowd(ed) room.

The food is of much higher quality in the Haven Restaurant. Be aware that the special each night there, is actually the special from the MDR that night as well, so that quality will be consistent with the MDR most likely. You can order off the MDR menu in the Haven Restaurant. Personally, after doing that twice, I found that the quality of the Haven food was so much better than the MDR food, that I didn't bother ordering MDR food there again. You can also order from any specialty restaurant in the Haven Restaurant (the regular fee will apply.) And even though you did not ask, just so you know, you can order any food from any open venue at any time to be delivered by your butler to your suite. (Again any normal fees will apply.)

Be aware that the special each night there, is actually the special from the MDR that night as well, so that quality will be consistent with the MDR most likely.

I didn't knew that. We have ordered the special in the Haven restaurant and really liked it so I guess that means that the special in the MDR is very good too. Can it be the same dish but cooked another way or it it really exactly the same dish?

I didn't knew that. We have ordered the special in the Haven restaurant and really liked it so I guess that means that the special in the MDR is very good too. Can it be the same dish but cooked another way or it it really exactly the same dish?

They add extra salt for suite passengers.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone confirm that penthouse guests are able to eat all 3 meals in the Haven restaurant on Breakaway? We are looking at booking and noticed that this is clearly spelled out for the higher suites, but not the penthouses. Just want to know what to expect....

Can anyone confirm that penthouse guests are able to eat all 3 meals in the Haven restaurant on Breakaway? We are looking at booking and noticed that this is clearly spelled out for the higher suites, but not the penthouses. Just want to know what to expect....

Confirmed!

wasiii

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Confirmed!

wasiii

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Yes!

All of the Haven cabins (H categories) have the Haven access - including the restaurant on the Epic, Breakaway, Getaway and soon on the Escape. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can only speak for Getaway but the food quality in the Haven restaurant is absolutely superb. We had free upgraded dining anywhere on the ship and honestly we stopped trying after a mediocre meal in Ocean Blue and a truly awful meal in Le Bistro.

You get VIP service, Oceanside seating, and absolutely superb food in the Haven restaurant - and it's inclusive for suite guests. Yes the menu is fixed, but that really didn't concern me because I never could get enough of the mushroom ravioli, smoked salmon, and chicken with polenta, usually in that order !!

Yes you can have all 3 meals there - for us we had breakfast served in the room by our butler, there is nothing quite like mimosas on the balcony as you watch the flying fish jump out of the bow wave (we were on deck 16 forward), then lunch and dinner in Haven. Simple and perfect for us.

We stopped dining elsewhere after day 2, it was a no-brainer. We only had those couple of "outside" meals ourselves, but based on what other Haven guests were telling us, our experience wasn't unique as the food on the rest of the ship was quite disappointing. But food quality is all relative, a friend of mine still thinks that McDonalds make the best burgers.......

Edited by Winchester Ranger

Thanks, everyone, for your prompt replies! We try to book the least cabin we'd be happy in, then perhaps upgrade ourselves at a good price after final payment ---- but we love the sound of the Haven restaurant and don't want to be disappointed if we do end up staying in the penthouse. Off to booking I go.......

Thanks, everyone, for your prompt replies! We try to book the least cabin we'd be happy in, then perhaps upgrade ourselves at a good price after final payment ---- but we love the sound of the Haven restaurant and don't want to be disappointed if we do end up staying in the penthouse. Off to booking I go.......

If you're in the Haven you're good to go, regardless of room :)

Enjoy, it's paradise.