Is Carnival Falling Behind?

stevenr597

Huh? :confused:

Otherwise, people around here need to stop taking things so personal. This is a business were talking about, not your loved ones.

I agree about the business part. In 10 or 15 years Carnival will probably own RCCL anyways. Maybe they will call Oasis The

Sensation of The Seas 2.0...........

Edited by keith75

Huh? :confused: So if there is more than one person agreeing on something that goes against your opinion, they must be the same person using multiple names? Come on. Tell me you're not really that insecure.

But if you are, feel free to hit the little triangle and ask CC to check IP addresses. If anyone is using multiple names, they'll both be banned.

Otherwise, people around here need to stop taking things so personal. This is a business were talking about, not your loved ones.

Lol

I agree about the business part. In 10 or 15 years Carnival will probably own RCCL anyways. Maybe they will call Oasis The

Sensation of The Seas 2.0...........

Not likely. They'll have to come up with a more original name than that, because Sensation will probably still be sputtering around the Caribbean on one screw, sporting Funship 2.4 upgrades and a Catdog at Sea themed play area with a matching pay for breakfast.

Not likely. They'll have to come up with a more original name than that, because Sensation will probably still be sputtering around the Caribbean on one screw, sporting Funship 2.4 upgrades and a Catdog at Sea themed play area with a matching pay for breakfast.

Lol! You got me on that one....

Huh? :confused: So if there is more than one person agreeing on something that goes against your opinion, they must be the same person using multiple names? Come on. Tell me you're not really that insecure.

But if you are, feel free to hit the little triangle and ask CC to check IP addresses. If anyone is using multiple names, they'll both be banned.

I don't have any conspiracy theories.....lol. How about the sailing question? There are a couple of posters here (At least one on this thread who might not have multiple names but in a past existence under a different name do some bashing, but I am ok with that as well. What it does point out is how that can get the blood flowing. Not sure if the question was directed to me or not, but I am not insecure, and I try to know and understand the competition and even sail then from time to time.

The only thing in mo opinion Carnival is falling behind on is new builds. As has been discussed already they have a bunch if ships on order, mainly for the other brands, it all comes out in the wash over time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I don't have any conspiracy theories.....lol. How about the sailing question? There are a couple of posters here (At least one on this thread who might not have multiple names but in a past existence under a different name do some bashing, but I am ok with that as well. What it does point out is how that can get the blood flowing. Not sure if the question was directed to me or not, but I am not insecure, and I try to know and understand the competition and even sail then from time to time.

The only thing in mo opinion Carnival is falling behind on is new builds. As has been discussed already they have a bunch if ships on order, mainly for the other brands, it all comes out in the wash over time.

Just out of curiosity, because I wasn't really sure, I checked who has ships in the pipeline.

Aida - 2

CCL - 1

Costa - 1

HAL - 1

P&O - 1

Seabourn - 1

NCL- 2

RCI - 5

Just out of curiosity, because I wasn't really sure, I checked who has ships in the pipeline.

Aida - 2

CCL - 1

Costa - 1

HAL - 1

P&O - 1

Seabourn - 1

NCL- 2

RCI - 5

Number of new builds on order is highly subjective because the number varies greatly with the passing of time therefore it means absolutely nothing.

Number of new builds on order is highly subjective because the number varies greatly with the passing of time therefore it means absolutely nothing.

Considering that all of those ships are due out within the same time frames, 2015-2016, it means a helluva lot. The 2 exceptions being NCL Bliss due in early 2017 and the 4th Oasis class due in 2018.

I've raised two kids, so I know how you teenagers like to argue, just because. :rolleyes:

You are correct it is subjective. Carnival could announce a contract this week (you heard it here first;)) for two additional ships. My point was/is that it is all relatively even, especially in consideration of Carnival Corp taking the hits for the Concordia.

Aida - 2

CCL - 1

Costa - 1

HAL - 1

P&O - 1

Seabourn - 1

NCL- 2

RCI - 5

Just to restate the obvious, all the red are Carnival ships.

Carnival is doing well and filling the ships with no real problems. They have added Funship 2.0 and the passengers do enjoy those added features. No, they aren't innovative but Carnival did ask what passengers would like to see on their ships and have put those features on a number of ships. We have a Red Frog Pub, we have a ropes course at sea (who else has that, and is that not innovative?), we have wrap around Promenade decks, thrill theater, the comedy club and others. The Breeze was a total break from tradition where Farcus didn't design the ship and now they have a more resort feel ship and three alternate options for dining--steak house, Cuchina del Capitano, and Asian food.

Carnival was smart in getting John to be the brand ambassador and from him they are getting great idea for what the passengers want to see on the new ships. I can only wonder what the Vista will have when the deck plans are announced...

Personally, I have looked at the deck plans of NCL's new shows, and RCI's Monsters of the Seas and they just do not appeal to me. I know a few people who went on the Oasis or Allure and they never felt like the cruise was a vacation because there was too much to see and do, and that was just the ship not the ports.....

I'll pay the lesser price to cruise on Carnival because I like the ships and it suites my budget!

I have never been on a Carnival Cruise so I have no intentions to knock them whats so ever, but that has to be the silliest thing I've ever heard, Too much to do and see on a cruise, hmmmm....:D

This is exactly how we feel!! We are not cruising for all the bells and whistles, we are cruising for the experience of being on the sea. We spend a great deal of our time on our balcony, on the lido deck, a few shows, but not the highlight of a cruise for us. If I want to experience an amusement park, I will go to an amusement park on land.

Pat

What about the water works areas on Carnival ships? The Jumbotron, the ropes course, I'm guessing those costs extra money to build, so it's ok if its on a Carnival ship but if its on RCCL or NCL its frivolous?

Kinda like when Voyager of the Seas was introduced, everyone from other lines said "thats way too big, I'll never sail a ship that big." Well now the Breeze, the Epic, the Royal Princess just to name a few are that big or bigger and everyone seems to like them. Thats odd that something that big can be a good thing, now if Carnival had a 200,000 ton ship I'm sure it would be the best thing since sliced bread. Just saying.... not slamming!:rolleyes:

Just to restate the obvious, all the red are Carnival ships.

No the red are Carnival Corp ships. Carnival does not own Carnival Corp, Carnival is a subsidiary of Carnival Corp. Just to state what is mentioned and confirmed Carnival has 1 ship on order.

Go back and read my posts. I never said RCL and NCL "can't compete ". As far as saying CCL has more ports, I am referring to a single 7 day cruise both eastern and western. CCL goes to four ports while NCL, RCL, and Disney typically only visit three. We have sailed NCL and though we didn't like it as much as CCL, we will one day cruise with NCL again and check out the new ships. The cost, though I can easily afford it, is more than I care to pay while there is still much we want to do on CCL. We have never sailed RCL or Disney, but again cost, variety of ports, and our happiness with the product is keeping us with CCL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ummmm, 3 port vs 4 ports? Why do you think that is? Hmmmm... maybe because others innovate. People enjoy sea days because there is more to doooooooo than just sitting around the pool on a crowed deck in a deck chair next to guy who definitely doesn't belong in a speedo:D

Sorry couldn't resist, you left that wide open:p

Jimbo the difference is that you and me and others here actually cruise on carnival. We don't hide behind mutiple made up screen names here on cruise critic.

:)not to worry, understood.

You guys aren't ignoring Carnival's number one multi-personality cheerleader are you? :D

No the red are Carnival Corp ships. Carnival does not own Carnival Corp, Carnival is a subsidiary of Carnival Corp. Just to state what is mentioned and confirmed Carnival has 1 ship on order.

LOL, well aware of the difference;). My point again, which you have missed is that Carnival corp has been on the road to two builds a year for some time. The timing and where the ships go varies (Carnival, HAL, Costa, Princess etc.) Because Carnival has so many ship brands they spread out the new builds. Same for sailings around the world and where they concentrate home ports. It is a wonderful system. I will stick with my original number.

You like how I made that easy for you, don't you? :) That P&O Britannia is going to be a bitchin' looking ship with the British flag motif hull art.

http://maritimematters.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/BRITANNIA-24-e1390110718946.jpg

Like most of it, I am not a big fan of hull art...... the same could be said for HAL black hulls, but then again nobody asked me.:cool:

You guys aren't ignoring Carnival's number one multi-personality cheerleader are you? :D

LOL, I have been around for a long time, making my observations. Do I enjoy the product? Yes Do I go and disparage Royal (or NCL) product on their main threads? No I don't event think of myself as a cheerleader. When I think they do something wrong, I say that as well. I am not even sure who the one multi personality cheerleader is.....

I have never been on a Carnival Cruise so I have no intentions to knock them whats so ever, but that has to be the silliest thing I've ever heard, Too much to do and see on a cruise, hmmmm....:D

What is being said with the reference to too much to do on board is that RCCL was promotiing the Oasis and Allure as "the" destination rather than the small number of ports these ships can fit in. Many RCCL passengers booked these ships to be able to said they sailed on them with no intention of even leaving the ship in port. They did not care about the ports, only that they could claim they sailed on the ship(s).

These ships were akin to floating amusement parks. Fine, if that is your idea of cruising.

MARAPRINCE

What is being said with the reference to too much to do on board is that RCCL was promotiing the Oasis and Allure as "the" destination rather than the small number of ports these ships can fit in. Many RCCL passengers booked these ships to be able to said they sailed on them with no intention of even leaving the ship in port. They did not care about the ports, only that they could claim they sailed on the ship(s).

These ships were akin to floating amusement parks. Fine, if that is your idea of cruising.

MARAPRINCE

I'm really not sure why you're making this stuff up. I especially like the tone of the last sentence. It's like your idea of cruising is better. You sound like my wife when she doesn't like an idea, "Fine, if that's what you want." Too funny. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LOL, I have been around for a long time, making my observations. Do I enjoy the product? Yes Do I go and disparage Royal (or NCL) product on their main threads? No I don't event think of myself as a cheerleader. When I think they do something wrong, I say that as well. I am not even sure who the one multi personality cheerleader is.....

I could list the usernames but I might get carpal tunnel. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk