Help me find my cell phone.

Ahhh

Yes. I was playing trivia in one of the lounges. Afterward, we went back to the room to change for dinner and I remembered I left the phone, in my new Vera Bradley bag - WITH A NEW COFFEE CARD in the lounge. By the time I ran back, the phone was gone but the purse and card still there. Went to the front desk to report it missing. Filled the report and went back every day to ask if it had been returned. It never was.

Once home from the cruise, we had to send in a missing item report so the ship could look for it. It didn't show up in the lost and found or onboard.

By then, we had already replaced it with a new iPhone (the lost one was a 3 and the new was a 4 - the lowest I could find.) We then sent in the receipt for the new phone along with the paper work asked for and we received a check for the phone.

We had the Platinum insurance with Princess and the claim went to Barkley.

DH had had to have hospital treatment the night before we left the ship and they paid for everything our regular insurance didn't.

Thats great and good to know, thanks. :)

Check your insurance but chances are it will cover the cost of lost items. While not a cruise, I lost a camera while on an African Safari. It was night, no light, lions around and it fell off the vehicle due to bouncing. No way could anyone search the ground. :) Submitted a copy of the sales slip to insurance and I was reimbursed less 10%. Fortunately, it was my small 2nd camera and I didn't have many photos on it, particularly since I swapped out SD cards every day.

Edited by Pam in CA

there was a post of someone that did the bve experience post name was trbarton, not sure if you can search to see if they are on the ship or not but it had the same date as your post worth a shot? Kim

He is on the 5/23 sailing. I only know because he is on our roll call.

I want to thank everyone on here for your terrific suggestions and moral support! Persistence paid off, and I am soon to be reunited with my phone and all the info contained on it (as well as my $800!) :D :eek: :D!!!

It was the suggestion of emailing starprincess@princesscruises.com that did it (thank you Bernadette!). I got an email back from the Front Desk Supervisor asking for a description of my phone. It is distinct because of it's cover, and because I know the last pictures I took with it.

It was located in the Sanctuary, where I thought I had left it, and turned in by a crew member. I am doing another BVE when the Star returns to SF this week, and will personally thank that crew member with a reward for their honesty!

It was a long shot that I would get it back, and I can't tell you how happy I am :D!

I want to thank everyone on here for your terrific suggestions and moral support! Persistence paid off, and I am soon to be reunited with my phone and all the info contained on it (as well as my $800!) :D :eek: :D!!!

It was the suggestion of emailing starprincess@princesscruises.com that did it (thank you Bernadette!). I got an email back from the Front Desk Supervisor asking for a description of my phone. It is distinct because of it's cover, and because I know the last pictures I took with it.

It was located in the Sanctuary, where I thought I had left it, and turned in by a crew member. I am doing another BVE when the Star returns to SF this week, and will personally thank that crew member with a reward for their honesty!

It was a long shot that I would get it back, and I can't tell you how happy I am :D!

Congratulations!

Great news! Congratulations.

Mike:)

We are boarding the Star on the 23rd and while I am happy to know we will have a great crew, I am happy for you and can 'hear' the relief!

WOW!!!!

Absolutely amazing! Lucky you.

Judy

Great news, and so glad that you will be able to personally thank the crew member! What a happy story!

That's wonderful news. I suppose you will be picking it up on the day you do another BVE? I'm sure the crew member will appreciate seeing/hearing from you. Have another great BVE and a happy reunion with your phone!

Edited by Bucky3

That is so awesome!!!! I have been following along and hoping you would get it back. So great to hear of a positive outcome! There really are nice people around & it's great that you are going to reward honesty.

So glad for you!

I'm still waiting for my call

The ship has a Lost & Found log. They record everything that has been turned in, and where it was found. They also record when it has been picked up, and by whom. They may not be able to confirm that it was your exact phone (by description) but they will have an account of receiving a phone. The log is for everybody's protection.

They take responsibility for the items that are turned in. I would call the Lost & Found department in Miami. How long ago did you lose it? They keep everything for 6 months. Perhaps they do not have the exact description of your phone. I would follow up.

I had almost lost hope in getting mine back, as there were so many factors in it's disappearance, if it had been found, if it had been turned in, etc. I was persistent in my goal and appreciated all the suggestions here on CC.

I also got an email from the officer I gave my business card to (at the very last minute before they sailed away, and quickly explained my dilemma) saying that a phone had been found. He appologized for taking so long in getting back to me, but I was glad he did. There was so much comotion going on at the dock that day, that my card could have been forgotten as to why it was in his pocket. Good luck.

Edited by Ahhh

This was the "feel good" story of the week. I have to admit that I was not hopeful, and, having been through something similar on a cruise, was heartsick for you. Thanks for letting us know it will all work out.

Now, can you find my missing Princess Cays port charges refund for me? :)

I would call the missing cell phone. If it's turned on, it should have connected to the ships cell system.

Maybe someone will hear it ring and answer it. If so, you will know where its at.

Good Luck

On a different note, if the phone is on and data is enabled the OP is going to have a pretty good phone bill for any e-mail and other data it receives until the battery dies.

Edited by RDC1

This was the "feel good" story of the week. I have to admit that I was not hopeful, and, having been through something similar on a cruise, was heartsick for you.

I knew that, even though it may been found, and even though it may have been turned in, I still may not be re-united with it, especially if it got shipped to Miami, with a 4-6 week response time. Though there were many factors working against me, I had not lost hope, especially being pro-active in my quest. It's still not in my hands, but I know that it has been set aside for me for Friday.

Luckily, I live here in SF, and feel naturally blessed :).