How many Alasken cruises.

caribsun

Our first one was going to be the only one, just to prove that cruising isn't our style. Well.... we've cruised Alaska 12 times since, and others around the world. Our Alaska favorites are Celebrity and Holland America, but have also sailed RCI and Princess in Alaska, and Carnival, Costa and Uniworld elsewhere.

You'll be seeing just a tiny part of Alaska - Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, and Glacier Bay - on your July cruise. There are more ports to see, never mind the enormous interior - Denali...

I took my 1st cruise to Alaska last May. I'd love to go back!

LOL My first cruise was to Alaska and I thought that would not only be my one trip to Alaska but my one cruise. ( now at 56 and counting)

I sail in about 3 weeks on a B2B to Alaska for trips #21 & 22 :) Cruised to Alaska the last 8 years in a row, and 15 of 17 and 17 of the last 20 years. Yes I'm crazy.

My cruise friends all thought I was nuts until they also sailed Alaska, now they all have 6-10+ trips up North . There is just something about the scenery that gets under your skin.

I too planned for the first Alaska cruise to be the only one. In a month we leave on #4 but this time spending a few days in Denali first. We live in Florida and love cruising in the summer to a cooler climate as well as the breathtaking scenery!

In June, we will be taking our 14th cruise to Alaska; next year we will add two more cruises making our Alaska cruise total 16.

After our first Alaskan cruise we knew we would return -- Alaska draws you in and you find yourself wanting more. Every cruise has been different and every memory has been cherished.

I thought my first cruise to Alaska would be my only cruise. Heard land trip only wouldn't do it justice. Well, I have been on 5-6 cruises since then and absolutely love Alaska. July will be my 3rd time to Alaska and wish I could go more often.

Have my 1st Alaskan cruise booked, I see myself as one and done. Been there done that. :) Did you sail just once to AK or have you sailed this route many times.

We sailed this cruise for our 40th wedding anniversary in 2009. Now on our 45th we are going back and have been wanting to for some time now. Until you experience the enormity and beauty of the interior, you will have only sampled a tiny bit of Alaska. We do the 6 added days in;and as that's where the real Alaska is. To be able to see Denali in all its splendor is amazing. The wildlife is astounding too. You will love what you see and experience. My guess is there will be more trips up there in your future. It's too interesting and big to take in in one trip.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we do

Cheers, Kenn

I have #7 coming up in July! We are from the Seattle area, so it's easy. This time we are celebrating my 2nd son graduating from high school. He complains that it's too hot if it's over 70, so Alaska is a perfect summer vacation!

Only twice on two different ships with different itineraries, but we plan to go back in a couple of years! It's one place we will never get tired of.

After your first cruise you will see what everyone means when they say you will want to go back.

Happy cruising!

Edited by JimAOk1945

This is our 8th cruise to Alaska coming up this summer and we are already looking at options for next year. And each year we discover something new! It is hands down my favorite cruising destination!

This upcoming cruise will be #8 for us. We absolutely love the experience. Living in the Seattle area makes the cruise to Alaska real handy. I have customers in Juneau, Ketchikan, Haines, a niece in Unalakleet and a nephew in Anchor Point. They think we are silly to keep going back up to Southeast Alaska but we enjoy it. I guess when you live up there you take the natural beauty for granted. The best cruise we took was 10 days on the Pacific Princess up to Kodiak, I’d do that cruise again anytime.

To breathe the clean air, see so much wildlife, incredible scenery, and being pampered on a cruse ship makes a return trip to Alaska inevitable.

Each year brings new babies (eagles, whales, otters, and bears) that need to be seen and fresh dungeness crab that needs to be eaten.

Make a list of what you didn't see on your first cruise and plan to return.

#4 is coming up in early July. It will be a 7 night RT out of Seattle on the Oceania Regatta with only 3 ports - Ketchikan, Wrangell, and Prince Rupert - plus a day of scenic cruising in Tracy Arm. Wrangell and Prince Rupert will be Maiden Call ports for us. Our focus is wildlife - especially bears - so this will be a great cruise.

My very first cruise was a 10-night beginning of the season repositioning from SF to Vancouver on the old Celebrity Horizon. The second was a Celebrity cruise tour from Fairbanks-Denali-Talkeetna-Alyeska then southbound on the Summit. The third is probably my favorite, It was a Princess cruisetour from Calgary through Banff, Lake Louise, and Jasper then the Rocky Mountaineer into Vancouver with an overnight in Kamloops. The cruise was northbound on the Sapphire Princess.

Alaska is just a magical place!

We're taking our second. If it hadn't been for my in-laws, who wanted to go and wanted us to go with them, we may not have taken a second Alaskan cruise... but we were definitely going back at some point. This just accelerated it. :)

We actually hated our first cruise - we loved Alaska and what we saw, but we hated our fellow passengers and swore we'd never. ever. go on a cruise again. This lasted... 6 months. We discovered you could cruise and see parts of Scandinavia. This is our 7th cruise in 7 years.

I've always wanted to go to Alaska by cruise and then land but my husband had NO interest in cruising. We finally went last year on Celebrity Millenium and loved it (got spoiled in Aqua Class though). We then went on Holland America in the fall on a New England/Canada cruise. Our second cruise. Liked that alot but NOTHING compared to Alaska. When we went last year, it was our "once in a lifetime trip"! Guess not because we're going again this year. This time it's Princess Vancouver to Whittier then driving for 7 days on our own. Will be seeing a different part of Alaska this year so I guess this is our second Alaska "trip of a life time". :)

Just wondering what you hope to gain from this question??

When I planned my Med cruise I didn't think to myself " ok, on THIS trip, I'll visit ___ and see___, and on the next Med cruise I'll visit ___ and see ____". I planned it as a one and only. And it was. People plan a trip to disneyland thinking they can always go back again, but with a big trip like Alaska, I don't people plan it with the intention of returning.

On my first trip to Alaska I was in awe of the coastline and the glacier capped mountains but it left me wondering what lay beyond. I've been back to Alaska for 4 diy land trips. Alaska is huge and there's so much to see and do. Denali is a place I can return to over and over, but I can't see myself doing another Alaska cruise.

We've taken three cruises to Alaska--two that were roundtrip from Seattle and one that included a five-night land tour first. I'd do either itinerary again (and I'm looking at a roundtrip from Vancouver for this coming August).

On our Caribbean cruises, what's happening on the ship is our primary focus. In Alaska, it's all about being outside.

We cruised for the very first time to Alaska four years ago. Our first cruise too. We did everything land and cruise and excursions at every port. The weather was great for it all. We've always talked about going back and enjoying the ports and the ship, so that is what we are doing in September. Can't wait, Alaska does call you back and we are lucky to be going again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have done AK 3 times and I just booked our 4th this morning. My parents are going with us and this will be their 1st time to AK. Since we live near Seattle, this is an inexpensive vacation and very relaxing. We have gone and not booked any tours and just had no expectations and it was the best because we just did what felt right at the time. No stress. After our first I thought I would never go again as I prefer the Caribbean and the warmer weather.

We leave for our second Alaska cruise on Sunday. On our first Alaska cruise we booked excursions for every port. This trip we have no pre-arranged excursions planned. We have a list of things we want to do in the ports and it will be nice to do those things at our own speed, and also just enjoy some extra time on the ship when most people are in port. We are looking forward to a much more relaxed pace of vacation this time!

Well, our "only" cruise to Alaska was carefully chosen. I don't do cold and I was quite thrilled to find a cruise that had both Tracy Arm and Glacier Bay included.

That was in 2009.

2012 we did a 19 night Yukon/Alaska cruise/tour. Yep, that was me living in my down parka for 17 of those days.

While we don't have one booked currently, we will be back to Alaska.