BOGOHO Question

Forgive me if this has been asked, but I did a search and didn't come up with much...

I'm thinking of booking a new cruise using the new buy one get one half off sale. I've read the fine print on RCL's website and it doesn't look like there's a lot of catches, but thought I'd check here to get others interpretations. It sounds like there are some limitations about price drops (only honored if the total price for the cabin is less than the booking price) but I don't see anything else.

Am I missing anything? Can I apply my NextCruise booking to the BOGOHO sale?

Forgive me if this has been asked, but I did a search and didn't come up with much...

I'm thinking of booking a new cruise using the new buy one get one half off sale. I've read the fine print on RCL's website and it doesn't look like there's a lot of catches, but thought I'd check here to get others interpretations. It sounds like there are some limitations about price drops (only honored if the total price for the cabin is less than the booking price) but I don't see anything else.

I can answer the Nextcruise question - yes. I turned probably 5 next cruise certs into bookings with the BOGO

The biggest effect will come after May 31 when the promo ends. If you change ship or sail date, you lose the half-off second guest.

There are definitely some great deals out there for this promotion although I have seen the prices start to inch up over the past week. They even apply the discount to cruises already booked.

There are definitely some great deals out there for this promotion although I have seen the prices start to inch up over the past week. They even apply the discount to cruises already booked.

The only downside is we saved enough on re-pricing the three cruises we already had booked that we were forced to book a fourth cruise with the savings, so for us it turned into a BOGOHO-BOGOHO-BOGOHO-get the fourth one free:D, and we still had enough left over to pay off a 3-night kids sail free cruise this July:D

Great promotion for us:)

Edited by orville99

The only downside is we saved enough on re-pricing the three cruises we already had booked that we were forced to book a fourth cruise with the savings, so for us it turned into a BOGOHO-BOGOHO-BOGOHO-get the fourth one free:D, and we still had enough left over to pay off a 3-night kids sail free cruise this July:D

Great promotion for us:)

WOW, Impressive------->Jealous:rolleyes:

I upgraded my existing cruise for 2015 on adventure from interior promenade to balcony. I then booked allure for 2016..very last week in may..last week you can use promo. NO on board credit for either since its only for 2014 cruises for this deal.

Edited by abisha

The biggest effect will come after May 31 when the promo ends. If you change ship or sail date, you lose the half-off second guest.

So what do you think will happen when the sale ends? Will prices drop accordingly ? I think so. It was a great sale and I saved almost $2,000 for the cruises I had already booked next year. But they have to keep putting the hook out there to bring the bookings in.

I'm probably just clearly missing something. So, if you book and then the price drops, Can or Can Not get the price drop?

Yes, you can get a price drop, but after May 31 you will not keep the 2nd person half-price, so the price will have to drop a bunch for your total price to be less.

Edited by clarea

Yes, you can get a price drop, but after May 31 you will not keep the 2nd person half-price, so the price will have to drop a bunch for your total price to be less.

Not trying to start a flame war here, but....

It does not quite seem fair that RC is raising the prices during the sale based on supply and demand and then when the sale is over you would lose your 2nd person half off discount. Price drops after the sale should be calculated with full price of first person and half price of second person at the new rate, just like you booked it. If that total is less then what you booked then you should get a price drop. A cruise would have to drop 30% or more if you base it on two full fare passengers. Or the prices should have stayed the same for the whole month of May.

I am not complaining, I got a great deal, but I do not think I will get any price drops. BOGOHO was already $75 less pp than cheapest ever price in the last couple of years for my room on Oasis.

It does not quite seem fair that RC is raising the prices during the sale based on supply and demand and then when the sale is over you would lose your 2nd person half off discount. Price drops after the sale should be calculated with full price of first person and half price of second person at the new rate, just like you booked it. If that total is less then what you booked then you should get a price drop. A cruise would have to drop 30% or more if you base it on two full fare passengers. Or the prices should have stayed the same for the whole month of May.

I am not complaining, I got a great deal, but I do not think I will get any price drops. BOGOHO was already $75 less pp than cheapest ever price in the last couple of years for my room on Oasis.

If it is the cheapest you have seen, then what is the problem? If you do not like the promotion, then do not book.

I am quite pleased with the sale. My 1st person fare went up $1100, but with the promotion, I was able to save over $1000 on my Alaska cruise tour. I was fine with the original price, which is why I booked it in the first place. The BOGOHO only made me happier. If the price never goes lower, who cares? I'm already saving $1000!!!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

"If it is the cheapest you have seen, then what is the problem?"

I do not have a problem, that is why I said that I am not complaining in my original comment. I was just stating my opinion about future price drops. I am quite pleased with my price, however I am not the only person booking RC cruises. I was thinking about other people that booked that may not have gotten as great a deal as I did.

Not all. Booked Oasis and the original price pre half price sale is still the same. I guess it's supply & demand on some itinerary.

Not all. Booked Oasis and the original price pre half price sale is still the same. I guess it's supply & demand on some itinerary.

That was my experience as well. I had 2 cruises that I had re priced and both were the same price at the start of the sale as they were when I had originally booked them. They have since gone up. As you said it was only some itineraries and dates that the prices were raised for.

Yes it is supply and demand. Both our Oasis and Allure cruise ocean balcony cabins were the same price when the sale started. The Oasis one has gone up around $80 pp but the Allure has stayed the same.

Our shorter (5 night) EX cruise in January has gone up over $100 pp.

Edited by molly361

hollon, how did your 2nd person cruise cancellation problem work out?

I can't find anyone to go in my daughters place. Rccl said even though she is the 2nd person. They count her as the third and only gets back taxes and fees. They said she doesn't have to cancel, she can just not show up and credit card gets refunded. I called crown and anchor and they said I could move her to our alaskan cruise for next year, but it would be at the rate of the third person. But, my TA would have to call them. I ask my TA this a week ago and she said they said I couldn't move to another date. I ask rccl this again yesterday, I'm gonna email my TA today and tell her what C&A said, but I know she'll tell me NO, I can't move her. So, I don't know if she loses commission for her not going or what. Things like this makes me wonder if it's really worth the extra obc, etc. Thanks for asking.

I can't find anyone to go in my daughters place. Rccl said even though she is the 2nd person. They count her as the third and only gets back taxes and fees. They said she doesn't have to cancel, she can just not show up and credit card gets refunded. I called crown and anchor and they said I could move her to our alaskan cruise for next year, but it would be at the rate of the third person. But, my TA would have to call them. I ask my TA this a week ago and she said they said I couldn't move to another date. I ask rccl this again yesterday, I'm gonna email my TA today and tell her what C&A said, but I know she'll tell me NO, I can't move her. So, I don't know if she loses commission for her not going or what. Things like this makes me wonder if it's really worth the extra obc, etc. Thanks for asking.

Sorry you are having difficulties with your TA. I would request a 3 way call between yourself, TA and RCI. It sounds like moving your daughter to your Alaskan cruise is a great option even if it is a bit more expensive.

Well on the bright side, that means that they are only going to charge you the 3rd person fare rather than the 2nd person fare, which should be cheaper.

I am wondering if the first person you spoke to (I think your TA) told you the wrong information when you asked about the cancellation penalty. She told you 75% at the 21 day pre sail period. From what I understand, f you cancel a third passenger, you should get back the entire cruise fare up until the 14 day pre-sail period. (It is 75% for the 2nd passenger 21 days prior and I think that is when you first posted).

You may have planned differently if you had known all of your options at the beginning. I think your TA is being difficult (and I have used them but we cannot mention them here). Ask to speak to a supervisor. Don't just speak to whomever answers the phone. I agree that a 3 way call would be helpful.

Edited by marci22

Ok, this might be a silly question, but if you already have a cruise booked, are they discounting the 2nd person on the price you paid, or the current prices listed? I haven't had a chance to call with the hold times people are listing, but I'll make the time if this is the case!

Sorry you are having difficulties with your TA. I would request a 3 way call between yourself, TA and RCI. It sounds like moving your daughter to your Alaskan cruise is a great option even if it is a bit more expensive.

Sorry for the trouble you are having. Something with your TA just doesn't sound right! !

First I would call RCI again and ask for an email confirmation to your phone conversation IE you CAN change your daughter. IF you TA still doesn't want to honor what RC wrote THEN I would REQUEST and initiate if needed a three-way phone call between you, your TA and RCI.

Edited by Tropicalgal2

Ok, this might be a silly question, but if you already have a cruise booked, are they discounting the 2nd person on the price you paid, or the current prices listed? I haven't had a chance to call with the hold times people are listing, but I'll make the time if this is the case!

It is the current prices listed. Go to their website and log into your C and A account and then check your sailing.

If it is a better price call whomever you booked thru. They have been adjusting them