Tug gets late passengers to Breakaway

islegroove

http://www.bermudasun.bm/Content/BUSINESS/Business/Article/VIDEO--Tug-crew-help-late-cruise-passenger/72/205/77548.

Video of a tug taking passengers out to the breakaway.

A friend of mine who used to work in the transport department for Bermuda said this isn't the first time a tug has taken late passengers out to a ship that's left port already.

Edited by islegroove

http://www.bermudasun.bm/Content/BUSINESS/Business/Article/VIDEO--Tug-crew-help-late-cruise-passenger/72/205/77548.

Video of a tug taking passengers out to the breakaway.

A friend of mine who used to work in the transport department for Bermuda said this isn't the first time a tug has taken late passengers out to a ship that's left port already.

Yes, that is true. There were a couple of threads here about it yesterday when it happened.

According to the Port Bermuda Webcam social media page the passenger transfer was not able to be done. Hope they had their passports!

This is what they posted:

UPDATE: This "not so lucky" passenger (along with 2 others) will be catching the next flight home as it was too dangerous for the transfer and it was aborted...

And after the tug determined it couldn't make the transfer to the ship, the passengers were required to find their own way from the tug back to shore.

(For SeaShark in case you are reading: That isn't a rumor. That was completely made up. Just trying to help you out here.)

Edited by LrgPizza

According to the Port Bermuda Webcam social media page the passenger transfer was not able to be done. Hope they had their passports!

This is what they posted:

UPDATE: This "not so lucky" passenger (along with 2 others) will be catching the next flight home as it was too dangerous for the transfer and it was aborted...

Just FYI:

I was wondering how she would get back on board if both ships were moving.

Common occurrence.

That is exactly how the pilot gets on and off at each port.

But, for normal "citizens", they take far less chances. Lawsuits, etc you know.

Unless it was a vehicle accident or a medical emergency with someone that she was with ,no sympathy three days in Bermuda come on!

Hope she had her passport with her if she is non US citizen.

And cruisers should not expect for tugs to take them to their boat if there late, it's one in a million chance.

Edited by Ilovesailing

Unless it was a vehicle accident or a medical emergency with someone that she was with ,no sympathy three days in Bermuda come on!

And cruisers should not expect for tugs to take them to their boat if there late, it's one in a million chance.

I agree. I've seen at least times when passengers were running back to the ship and not make it.

Common occurrence.

That is exactly how the pilot gets on and off at each port.

But, for normal "citizens", they take far less chances. Lawsuits, etc you know.

The seas looked like glass in that video. I'm very surprised they couldn't make the transfer. It is not that unusual for late passengers to transfer this way.

Need a passport if you're from the US too. Need it to fly home. ;)

Maybe the passenger forgot to set her watch to Bermuda time. They're one hour ahead of us.

We always hang around the dockyard area on sail-away day, just to avoid this situation.

There are plenty of shops, eateries, and a small beach there.

Maybe the passenger forgot to set her watch to Bermuda time. They're one hour ahead of us.

We always hang around the dockyard area on sail-away day, just to avoid this situation.

There are plenty of shops, eateries, and a small beach there.

After 4 days on the new time including one sea day down you think everyone would figure out the correct time or be late for everything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim