Do you make or buy luggage tags?

Hi - do you make or buy your luggage tags? If you bought them, where from and how much did they cost?

Last year we were on our 1st cruise on Allure and my husband made the luggage tags using clear tape. When we were leaving one of the luggage tags must of came off and we had to find the 1 piece of luggage in an area for unclaimed luggage.

So now I am considering buying luggage tags from online.

Thank you for your input.

Sue

I print off with set sail pass. I then staple twice at the bottom to line it up and then staple under the handle so it is not loose and won't catch and tear off on anything. We then put clear tape over the part that hangs down.

We find it very sturdy. As I never get round to ordering the clear tag holders:rolleyes:

Hi - do you make or buy your luggage tags? If you bought them, where from and how much did they cost?

Last year we were on our 1st cruise on Allure and my husband made the luggage tags using clear tape. When we were leaving one of the luggage tags must of came off and we had to find the 1 piece of luggage in an area for unclaimed luggage.

Sue

Bought mine right here and they are great!..:)

http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=46

I've grown weary of doing the staple... tape thing... so the day after we got off our last cruise I bought them from Cruisetags (through Amazon)... they sell in the US and Canada and now in UK. I wanted clear ones with no printing (like the cruise critic ones). I'm so happy with them... Took seconds to attach to our luggage for our cruise tomorrow!!

I bought some off Amazon. they are plastic sleeves made for RCI/Celebrity bag tags and you can reuse them for all your future cruises. 8 tags for about $10

just search on Amazon for them.

Bev

I think I bought the same ones -BTW they work GREAT for the ship departure tags too.

I bought travel toothbrush toothpaste kit from Walgreens Drugs

for one dollar and they worked great using the sleeve wrap for the baggage tags

For cabins .

Edited by ssb

I am not a cruise veteran by any stretch but I just turn up to the terminal sans tags. Go to the luggage drop off point and show some kind gentleman my ticket. He writes something on my bag and it ends up outside my room. Sorry but I don't get the luggage tags issue.

Am I missing something here?

Edited by woodyren

For our last cruise to Sydney, Aust, we got all our tags before leaving, but the daughter and SIL never got theirs for the 2nd cruise, so I made up a set using the ones off the first cruise and just added theirs names in as much as they didn't change rooms. I used my scrapbooking program, then the holders from Amazon.

I bought the luggage tag holders from cruise critic and they worked really well

Cruise Critic sent a code for a birthday discount. We just loaded them tonight for our upcoming Radiance cruise. You can also find them on Anazon.

Not sure I would trust paper alone.

Sue

We bought ours of Cruise Critic site - super quality, and speedy delivery.

I used to laminate and staple to our luggage, our last cruise was the first time I folded and stapled - seem to work well. I had a problem one time with the laminated when one bag was not as well stapled as I thought and it lost its tag. But that was also the cruise where I changed cabins - AFTER making the luggage tags and did not make the correction. :rolleyes: We did get to know our neighbors down the hall.

I am thinking about buying the tags - sounds like a good investment. Always looking for things to make precruise easier.

We bought ours from Cruise Critic. We have a set of 4 for RCI and a set of 4 for HAL. We have gone and several cruises with them and they have held up very well.

We do not put them on the suitcases until we get to the destination airport of the cruise.

I am not a cruise veteran by any stretch but I just turn up to the terminal sans tags. Go to the luggage drop off point and show some kind gentleman my ticket. He writes something on my bag and it ends up outside my room. Sorry but I don't get the luggage tags issue.

Am I missing something here?

I agree, when RC stopped sending luggage tags, we started getting them at the pier. What I find interesting is it seems like our luggage has been getting to our room really fast since we've gone to that.

Sherri:)

Another one here who purchased the ones from Amazon. Works really well, no tape, no staples, no fuss! Put them on the bags at the hotel before heading to the ship. Didn't use them for departing since the tags they give you on the ship have adhesive backs! :cool:

Sue

I bought my luggage tags from cruise critic online. They offer tags that are for Royal Caribbean cruises. I used the promo code for a discount from the online site and the price was reasonable.

"Laminate" with clear packing tape, punch holes, and wire tie to bag. It's a ritual my daugher and I enjoy together, so why buy tags. And, done that way they are virtually indestructible and impossible to tear off:D