Cruise Complainers

You hang out in the Diamond or Concierge Lounge. That's where all the whiners are.

;) :D :p :D

Now that is just not true, or you have been very unfortunate to hear them.

Ah but that would mean you too are there to listen to them.

OP said moaners not whiners.

We seem to come across at least one on every cruise, in 9 out of 10 cases I would say their complaints are ridiculous and usually they have done nothing constructive about it. However we always meet many more people who say they are having a fantastic time:)

I think in life there are always a small minority of people who are permanent moaners and almost enjoy it. I just leave them to get on with it, nothing anyone does will ever satisfy them:)

Julie

Moaners? Great term. Perfect example of stupidity on their part, read on.

On a carnival cruise we were on in October, can't remember the year, which also just happens to be HURRICANE season, we had a lady moaning that she was scheduled for surgery and had to get off the ship and get home.

Now I ask why cruise in Hurricane season when you have surgery scheduled? Secondly why complain to customer survive about it.

Lady we are stuck at sea because of the hurricane. It is mother natures fault, oh wait Your fault for cruising then.

Did get a Laugh out of that.

Actually I don't hang out in the concierge lounge (or I didn't even though I should been able to as a suite guest) due to the number of non suite guests monopolising the venue at the detriment of suite guests who have paid for that amenity. Thus why I discussed with Miami and management whilst on board and not in a review on CC to ensure a satisfactory outcome.

Not all people who 'hang out' in the DL are whiners thank you. And I did see the smiley faces, but it's not amusing to label guests who visit the DL or CL as whiners - JMHO.

I dont think she meant "You" personally hang out in the DL, but it was a statement inviting "You" to hang out in there, because she (Merion Mom)must hang out in there. ;)

Actually I don't hang out in the concierge lounge (or I didn't even though I should been able to as a suite guest) due to the number of non suite guests monopolising the venue at the detriment of suite guests who have paid for that amenity. Thus why I discussed with Miami and management whilst on board and not in a review on CC to ensure a satisfactory outcome.

Not all people who 'hang out' in the DL are whiners thank you. And I did see the smiley faces, but it's not amusing to label guests who visit the DL or CL as whiners - JMHO.

I think you very adequately proved Merion_Mom's point. Oh the huge manatee!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=oh+the+huge+manatee

I think you will find moaners everywhere but I have rarely heard them on an American Ship.

My first cruises were with P&O and Fred Olsen - on P&O "old dears" were complaining vociferously and often and particularly those who were veteran cruisers (and usually Brits!) - IMO some people just love to moan.

I would not travel on Fred Olsen again as it is "too British" and not in a good way - just very old fashioned and think we still want to do sing-a-longs.

I think the American ships are friendlier (only done RCL, X & Princess) and more up to date and you get a good mix of people i.e. Brits, US, and lots of other countries.

I'll be on the Allure in June for a week in the Caribbean with a drinks package, following a week in Las Vegas - what's not to like!

We went on a family cruise that grew from 8-10 to 27 family members that invited themselves along. Unfortunately, we brought the MOANERS with us. They complained about the food while in the dining room at EVERY meal, and about every dish, without exception. They wanted sauces removed from dishes, items removed from salads, switching side dishes, asking for different condiments, telling the waiters what could have been done to the dishes to improve them. They were a nightmare. It was embarrassing and unnerving. Fortunately, no other guests were subjected to them as we had about 3 large tables for just our family. They were constantly wanting to switch tables and didn't understand why they couldn't just move to whatever table was empty when they arrived in the dining room..you name it, they complained and moaned. We've never been near some of them since this trip and I apologize profusely if you were on this cruise and were subjected to running into them at any time. They even complained one morning because the humidity fogged up their camera and slung the camera down on a lounger, then whined because the camera was screwed up. They are basically miserable people and took their miserable attitude with them on the cruise. Moaners are moaners on land or on a cruise. We've been on 16 cruises and if you can't be happy on a cruise, there's no hope for you. It's the only cruise we've ever been happy to see end.

You hang out in the Diamond or Concierge Lounge. That's where all the whiners are.

I am a Diamond Plus member and "hang out" in the Concierge Lounge and I beg to differ with you. On a recent TA cruise, we were in there every night and really heard no complaints at all. We actually had a leak in our suite; something to do with the tub and water had leaked out onto the carpeting next to the bed. They were efficent and took care of the issue immedieatly and put a blower in our room to dry the problem. Things happen and the fact that it was remedied so efficently was fantastic. No complaints here!!!!!

We've heard a few complaints over the years but not too many. My favorite was from our Vision Cruise last month. While at the Pursers desk the lady next to us was loudly complaining about all the loud obnoxious music all over the ship. The cruise was out of Panama and the entertainment was geared towards Spanish speaking cultures. We found it refreshing and really enjoyed it but she obviously did not was letting everyone around know. That was day 2 on the cruise. ....I think she had a long week.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forums mobile app

We ran into the same situation sailing out of San Juan a couple of years ago. Some complained about the abundance of entertainment geared toward the Spanish speaking guests. Give me a break!

We went on a family cruise that grew from 8-10 to 27 family members that invited themselves along. Unfortunately, we brought the MOANERS with us. They complained about the food while in the dining room at EVERY meal, and about every dish, without exception. They wanted sauces removed from dishes, items removed from salads, switching side dishes, asking for different condiments, telling the waiters what could have been done to the dishes to improve them. They were a nightmare. It was embarrassing and unnerving. Fortunately, no other guests were subjected to them as we had about 3 large tables for just our family. They were constantly wanting to switch tables and didn't understand why they couldn't just move to whatever table was empty when they arrived in the dining room..you name it, they complained and moaned. We've never been near some of them since this trip and I apologize profusely if you were on this cruise and were subjected to running into them at any time. They even complained one morning because the humidity fogged up their camera and slung the camera down on a lounger, then whined because the camera was screwed up. They are basically miserable people and took their miserable attitude with them on the cruise. Moaners are moaners on land or on a cruise. We've been on 16 cruises and if you can't be happy on a cruise, there's no hope for you. It's the only cruise we've ever been happy to see end.

I feel for you. I would jump ship at the nearest port. LOL

I enjoy reading threads on the other cruise lines and find posters always moaning about the same things: dress codes, food/service going downhill, chair hogs, etc. But when I go on a cruise, all I see, for the most part, is happy people. :D:D There are a few moaners/whiners that you run into who want to tell you about the good old days of cruising but I think the majority of people are thrilled to be on a cruise.

IMO, it seems the people most likely to moan/whine are those who cruise frequently. I always wonder why? If it's not as good as it used to be, if it's something that you feel a need to complain about, why keep doing it? I think I would find a new way to vacation!:D

Sherri:)

We spent some time in the Diamond Club on Freedom last week (our first cruise as Diamond level) and everyone we met was delightful and loved cruising and RCI. That's how they got to be Diamond. I never heard a single complaint and we had a wonderful time getting to know people (different people invited us to sit with them each time).

Tom

Now that is just not true, or you have been very unfortunate to hear them.

Ah but that would mean you too are there to listen to them.

OP said moaners not whiners.

Sarcastic humor is only funny if there's some truth to it. Now, if you'd said "hang out in the buffet" then I would LOL. People were griping all over that place. :)

Tom