Alfredo's on Royal have a Cover Charge?

dedosr

I read that Alfredo's on the Regal now charges a $10 cover charge, can I assume the same is true on the Royal?:mad::mad:

We were on the Royal in April and ate at Alfredo's. there was no cover charge at all.

Edited by jkocpa

We were on the Royal in April and ate at Alfredo's. there was no cover charge at all.

I was on the Royal also last fall, no cover charge or room service charge.

I just sent customer relations a email regarding this. We will see if they respond.

According to the Regal Live From thread it's been instituted on Regal. No word about Royal yet
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42857356&postcount=60

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42857109&postcount=894

These links should get you directly to their posts about these troubling changes that both mention & you can view more of the posts by going to the threads.

Here's the threads with the info for those who have not read them yet & my email to PCR has been sent. I'm not on Facebook but sometimes read posts from responses they get on FB which may be quicker than getting a personal response from PCR about these bad changes on the Regal.

What a way to "impress" customers on an inaugural cruise...charge for the "free" Alfredo's & the "free" room service! :mad:

The doubling of the fee for the Golden's Sanctuary resulted in my wife being the only person there for a half day session on a nice sea day with 3 people to attend to her. That wasn't the norm previously but with the price doubled to reduce crowds it has worked very well...too well. :eek:

Edited by Astro Flyer

We were on Royal Princess in April and there was no charge for Alfredo's; but it was VERY crowded at times. It wouldn't surprise me if they instituted a cover charge to reduce demand--of course I'm sure additional revenue had nothing to do with it.

We were on Royal Princess in April and there was no charge for Alfredo's; but it was VERY crowded at times. It wouldn't surprise me if they instituted a cover charge to reduce demand--of course I'm sure additional revenue had nothing to do with it.

Guess this means they'll start charging for the buffet, since it is always horrendously crowded too, or better yet, the showroom, or maybe the pools.

A "crowd" surcharge.

Wow, we were on in Feb and they charged !

We did a B2B in February on Royal and there was no charge in Alfredo's!!! I happen to like the pizza upstairs better than Alfredo's, To me it is overrated.

Edited by dorisis

$10 for a pizza joint on a cruise ship? Yup, that will make it less crowded. Why don't they charge $25 and it will be as empty as Sabatinis.

Doubling the prices at The Sanctuary resulted in less crowds...on a good weather sea day my wife was the only person there with 3 attendants to assist her. Princess has raised the price to the point where too many times it's empty which will be the same thing at Alfredo's Pizzeria. Then it would look like the adjacent Vines Shop/Celebrations which rarely has anybody in it and is another underutilized location.

Overcrowding? During traditional meal times ALL dining locations are overcrowded! What's next...a fee for eating at popular times to reduce overcrowding? My experience during 18 days (10 sea days) on the Royal last fall was there were many times when hardly anyone was at Alfredo's. Be honest Princess because it's a way to force people to buy an alcoholic drink or even worse to pay for it and to get nothing! :mad:

Edited by Astro Flyer

Of course, another way to reduce lines would be take reservations, allowing only one outstanding reservation at a time.

The people running Princess seem to be getting more influenced by the Carnival corporate management team. When they ran into deficits in building these ships, their move was to cut (central staircase, dueling glass pianos) rather than invest. Sad.

I read that Alfredo's on the Regal now charges a $10 cover charge, can I assume the same is true on the Royal?:mad::mad:

We just completed the TA on the Royal, and there weren't any fees for Alfredos. BUT, Princess has written to people that it is their intent to start charging this fee on all ships that have an Alfredos.

The people running Princess seem to be getting more influenced by the Carnival corporate management team. When they ran into deficits in building these ships, their move was to cut (central staircase, dueling glass pianos) rather than invest. Sad.

According to a CCL engineer (involved with construction of all CCL ships) who spoke on the Royal it's Mickey Arison who sets a price he's willing to pay & he won't budge to pay for any cost overruns. Besides the things you mentioned it probably was the cause of the 2nd midship pool becoming a splash pool. Someone posted that during a UST they were told by not finishing off the stairs above deck 7 it's saved $3 million. To me that was a foolish way to save a small percentage of the total cost of the ship. Management responded to the lack of an aft pool and added one to the Regal (it looks like a 4" deep spa to me) however they still refuse to finish the midship stairs for passenger usage which to me is another bad decision.

Maybe he needs the extra money to pay his Miami Heat players?

Edited by Astro Flyer

Hi All

Princess says, , from time to time, we re-evaluate our onboard pricing, also taking into account guest demand for certain offerings and services. Two changes that have occurred as a result, first occurring on Regal Princess, are a $3 delivery charge for room service, and $10 per guest charge for Alfredo's Pizzeria, which now also includes a beverage. The intent is to introduce these charges across the fleet.

yours Shogun

We just completed the TA on the Royal, and there weren't any fees for Alfredos. BUT, Princess has written to people that it is their intent to start charging this fee on all ships that have an Alfredos.

We are sailing on the Regal Princess on the 1st July but have had no notification that they intend to charge for Alfredo's. Where did you get this information from? None of the people on the current cruise either were informed of this intent to charge a fee!

The first thing people have heard of this was via CC or facebook, or actually cruising on the Regal :(.

We are sailing on the Regal Princess on the 1st July but have had no notification that they intend to charge for Alfredo's. Where did you get this information from? None of the people on the current cruise either were informed of this intent to charge a fee!

The first thing people have heard of this was via CC or facebook, or actually cruising on the Regal :(.

And thus why so many of us distrust Princess to provide things they advertise to get us to book a cruise. :mad:

And thus why so many of us distrust Princess to provide things they advertise to get us to book a cruise. :mad:

Yes quite true,but aren't we the ones that took a Princess cruises in the past, reached various loyalty benefits and now are being treated thus :mad:.

Having said that, we also cruise on Celebrity who also are having issues on how their regular cruisers also feel that they are being sold short!