One Week To Go & No Cabin

USVIcruizer

Sailing B-2-B on 5/31 Caribbean Princess, guaranteed Obstructed OV but no assignment yet. Believe both weeks are sold out, should I be worried, or are they just clearing the Owner's Suite for us?

Have booked guarantees before but never taken this long to learn cabin #.

:confused:

We've never had to wait to get to the pier to find out our cabin assignment, but a couple of times we found out after leaving home. In both cases, we left home a few days before the cruise and found out by checking the Cruise Personalizer while on the road.

We once flew to the embarkation port without having a room assignment. No worries.

We checked in with a porter at the pier for our room assignment. We didn't show up on his manifest. No worries.

We were taken in the out door of the terminal, handed over to someone with a different manifest. Unfortunately, we weren't on that one either. At this point, my normally fairly laid back attitude was beginning to show signs of just a smidge of stress.

Someone was phoned on the ship and within a few minutes appeared with yet another manifest list. THIS one, we were on.

As long as you're guaranteed, it's all good in the end.

Thanks everyone for the re-assurances. Leaving 2 days early so if no news by then, will check remotely.

Those of you who found out your cabins last minute, were you at least upgraded or in the same category as guaranteed?

We cruised in an OV guarantee 5/19 - 5/23...Got assignment 3 days before cruise.

Plaza Deck Category D unobstructed...Great location and big window...near International Cafe/Piazza.

Only noise we heard was during embarkation and morning of debarkation.

I went from an inside to a balcony but this is very rare. Usually, you will get the same cat that you booked and since it is full expect a bad location (ie under Princess theater.

Since you are on the 7 of Jun sailing join our roll call. Welcome aboard.

I hope you like your cabin assignment. It sure is a roll of the dice when you book a guarantee. I've done it once and came out on the good side - on obstructed view on the Emerald deck to an oceanview on Plaza. I had a great room. I wish the same for you.

Thanks everyone for the re-assurances. Leaving 2 days early so if no news by then, will check remotely.

Those of you who found out your cabins last minute, were you at least upgraded or in the same category as guaranteed?

Check your personalizer Tuesday or Wednesday. Those are the usual assignment days. That's not to say that there won't be a cabin for you tomorrow. Good luck.

As for upgrades, any time we've done it this way we've gotten major upgrades; OV to balcony or OV to Mini.