Slow Sea Princess

Am I right in saying that the only cruise lines that have ships based in Australia all year round are Carnival Corp lines?

If so, that doesn't give us much choice if we want to avoid Carnival, especially in our off-season.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Am I right in saying that the only cruise lines that have ships based in Australia all year round are Carnival Corp lines?

The only mainstream ones.

There are smaller and luxury ones like Captain Cook, Coral Princess and so on.

Such whingers. Princess dont want you to sail with them anyway. you whinge too much.

GO to P&O

Sea Dog & Hag,

Could you kindly list your future cruises in your signature.

I want to make sure I'm not on the same boat.:rolleyes:

Sea Dog & Hag,

Could you kindly list your future cruises in your signature.

I want to make sure I'm not on the same boat.:rolleyes:

Priceless...especially since everyone else on this forum seems to be of like mind.

Sea Dog and Hag: a simple thought...since you don't agree with us, just stop following this forum.

BTW, I have an August 2014 Trivia...

There are 5 Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in the month of August.

I think this will only happen once in your lifetime unless you live for another 823 years.

Lydia

I think this will only happen once in your lifetime unless you live for another 823 years.

Lydia

I think it happened recently (with in the last couple of years) for JUly as well.

I think it happened recently (with in the last couple of years) for JUly as well.

MicCanberra, This is what someone wrote to me regarding my "legend".

Actually, that is an urban legend that has been bouncing around for a while. August will always have 5 Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in any year when the month starts on a Friday. Because 365 isn't evenly divisible by 7 and of course, leap year, August 1 falls on a Friday every 5, 6 or 11 years. It last happened in 2008 and we are entering the 11 year phase of the cycle so the next time 5 Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays appear in August will be in 2025.

I know these things because of every-other-Friday pay periods and months with 5 Fridays are often very important! Aren't you glad we cleared that up?

So yes, it happened in 2008 and I apologize for being misinformed.

Lydia

MicCanberra, This is what someone wrote to me regarding my "legend".

Actually, that is an urban legend that has been bouncing around for a while. August will always have 5 Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in any year when the month starts on a Friday. Because 365 isn't evenly divisible by 7 and of course, leap year, August 1 falls on a Friday every 5, 6 or 11 years. It last happened in 2008 and we are entering the 11 year phase of the cycle so the next time 5 Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays appear in August will be in 2025.

I know these things because of every-other-Friday pay periods and months with 5 Fridays are often very important! Aren't you glad we cleared that up?

So yes, it happened in 2008 and I apologize for being misinformed.

Lydia

At least we can clear up these issues quicker than Princess can fix their communications and policies for the passengers being affected adversely.:D

I just got home from the Treasures of Asia Grand Adventure cruise on the Sea Princess. The reports of the ship limping around are ridiculous in the extreme.

The ship does have a crankshaft issue with a generator which will be getting repaired in Singapore over a 3 day stop over. unsure of dates

Obviously the generator issue did mean a decrease in speed but to the naked eye you wouldn't have noticed.

The trip was wonderful and i will be posting a full review tomorrow.

I agree that the ship also seemed to be going fine on our trip which was before yours. In fact it was often doing over 19 knots and on occasions over 20 knots (according to the TV display in our cabin).

At the time I wondered why they really needed to cancel 2 ports and arrive late at 2 others and that was never explained to me as the crew didn't seem to know either. In fact one poor steward told us he had arranged for his family to meet him in Bali but only found out with short notice that the itinerary had changed but the family were too committed to their travel and thus were in Bali without him.

I agree that the ship also seemed to be going fine on our trip which was before yours. In fact it was often doing over 19 knots and on occasions over 20 knots (according to the TV display in our cabin).

At the time I wondered why they really needed to cancel 2 ports and arrive late at 2 others and that was never explained to me as the crew didn't seem to know either. In fact one poor steward told us he had arranged for his family to meet him in Bali but only found out with short notice that the itinerary had changed but the family were too committed to their travel and thus were in Bali without him.

Treating their crew as bad as their passengers.:(

Treating their crew as bad as their passengers.:(

True .... obviously the disappointment to crew and passengers due to the late notification of substantial changes to itinerary or highlight ports..was not a consideration for the line. I am glad that some passengers are still having he wonderful cruise they anticipated and paid for...doesn't change god original issue though.

Sue

Priceless...especially since everyone else on this forum seems to be of like mind.

Sea Dog and Hag: a simple thought...since you don't agree with us, just stop following this forum.

Lydia

your not that lucky. I am a loyal Princess cruiser unlike most of you. A few of you need to get a life and stop posting comments. You can see who the offenders are who do nothing but sit on the forums and make comments.

Dont look at me, count my postings and compare to those that make heaps but cruise little. Bye for now

your not that lucky. I am a loyal Princess cruiser unlike most of you. A few of you need to get a life and stop posting comments. You can see who the offenders are who do nothing but sit on the forums and make comments.

Dont look at me, count my postings and compare to those that make heaps but cruise little. Bye for now

I fear I am in the category of not cruising enough, but there are two things, time and money, that keep stopping me. Adios amigo.

Edited by MicCanberra

Well, staff will not get better treatment than paying passengers.

I am not referring to preferential treatment just that staff would be informed of itineraries.

I feel Princess have failed on three counts,

• one is not fixing the ship straight away.
  • the second is the lack of communication to all concerned crew and passengers, they know there are issues with meeting itineraries but choose to wait until a few weeks prior to inform anyone.
  • the third is the lack of opportunity for people to cancel without penalty if they feel the cruise is no longer the one they booked.

The first point may not have been a big thing if parts two and three were done well and fairly.

I am not referring to preferential treatment just that staff would be informed of itineraries.

I feel Princess have failed on three counts,

• one is not fixing the ship straight away.
  • the second is the lack of communication to all concerned crew and passengers, they know there are issues with meeting itineraries but choose to wait until a few weeks prior to inform anyone.
  • the third is the lack of opportunity for people to cancel without penalty if they feel the cruise is no longer the one they booked.

The first point may not have been a big thing if parts two and three were done well and fairly.

Let me summarize what I am thinking about this forum. Sea dog and hag thought that we were just complaining, and needed to get on with our lives. However, I think it is healthy that we are getting our thoughts in order. As a result of this forum, I have documented my personal problems with the Sea Princess on the Princess Facebook page. Also, they do read some of the CC forums....therefore, I think it is a way to verbalize our feelings regarding Princess and what is continuing to be shared about the lack of progress with the Sea Princess. Yes, she is traveling at a reasonable speed but like another member stated....why are they not adhering to the port schedule as was stated when people booked. And finally as you stated.... They are not showing any consideration for their customers and now we found out that they are acting the same towards their employees. How I wish we could all just stop using Princess in protest.

ONCRUISEMODE

its like a car crash you just can't look away... I confess to being a Princess princess, it is my favourite cruise line but I don't spring to their defence like they are my first born child.

For many cruisers their cruise is something they have to save for...and anticipated a long way out from their cruise date. The issue isn't complicated..respect your customers otherwise they will take their cruise dollars elsewhere.

Sue

its like a car crash you just can't look away... I confess to being a Princess princess, it is my favourite cruise line but I don't spring to their defence like they are my first born child.

For many cruisers their cruise is something they have to save for...and anticipated a long way out from their cruise date. The issue isn't complicated..respect your customers otherwise they will take their cruise dollars elsewhere.

Sue

As a fellow frequent Princess cruiser, well stated. Barry

If you work in a big company, like a cruise ship is, you would know that not all the detail that doesn't relate to your direct role gets passed on immediately.

As said in the post you replied to, the staff member found out, but "at short notice".

If you work in a big company, like a cruise ship is, you would know that not all the detail that doesn't relate to your direct role gets passed on immediately.

As said in the post you replied to, the staff member found out, but "at short notice".

Either way, it is shoddy treatment of the crew and the passengers.:D

We have cancelled our Sea Princess Cruise (Northern Explorer). We have received refund and transferred non-refundable portion to a future cruise. Yes we are cruising with Princess again. The communication issue with this cruise was disappointing but we are over that and looking forward to future cruises. We hope everyone enjoys their cruise. We are still travelling to Perth and doing a trip to Broome. (This was why we booked the cruise and why we were so disappointed when Broome was dropped from the itinerary). Will wave the Sea Princess off from Freemantle !!!