Slow Sea Princess

Oh please :eek:

As a protest to the bungled follow up. I have no issues giving my cruising dollars to another company.

Same as I won't get married in Aus till there is marriage equality for all! :) it doesn't impact on me but it's the principal. I have a choice, so should everyone.

I don't give two hoots who else agrees or disagrees! :)

I recently sailed on P&O (and luckily I didn't die), I had a great time the service and food was above expectations, and as such I will sail P&O in the future but only if the price and itinerary is right, otherwise other lines will get my custom.:D

I read your review! Was enough to make me almost re-think my stance! Had a gf just in from a Pac cruise on P&O & she loved it!

Still I think I'll make suffer a little more without my dollars !!! :D I am sure it's hurting their bottom dollar right now! ;):D

It may not affect the bottom line now but it may in the future. For now people that are booked cannot cancel their cruise without penalty but for their next cruises they may choose another line or just wait until the price is best for them when the ship's vacancy rate is driving the price down. People don't like to taken for granted, and once bitten, twice shy.

The key word is "may."

There have been other discussions of passengers booked with other cruiselines e.g. RCL and Celebrity, in the past, and a lot of dissatisfaction and threats for the future.

Yet, if anything, there are even more people sailing those lines now. And if you raise the topics now, you'd probably get the remark, it's old news, how are they lately, try them again.

So, as long as they don't make a habit of their response, or the situation doesn't happen too often, I believe they assess people will get over it and their natural growth will carry them through.

Look what happened to P&O's reputation after a certain court case.

Hmm...

Number of ships in their fleet: grown

Number of destinations: grown

Number of passengers sailing with them annually: grown

Amount of revenue: grown.

And all their growth since then has been massive.

I think you've proved the point that it hasn't done anything negative for their general reputation. Certain people, yes, but that's always the way.

There have been 27,936 viewers of this thread on Cruisecritic.........think a minute about how that should impact the manner in which Princess handles the problem with Sea PRINCESS' s engine.

CC is such a small portion of the cruise population though, let alone the potential cruise population.

There have been 27,936 viewers of this thread on Cruisecritic.........think a minute about how that should impact the manner in which Princess handles the problem with Sea PRINCESS' s engine.

Not 27,936 viewers.27,936 views.That's a big difference.Could well be only 1,000 viewers.

Not 27,936 viewers.27,936 views.That's a big difference.Could well be only 1,000 viewers.

Very true. And those without a substantial interest aren't likely to have read through 15 pages either.

Edited by The_Big_M

Does anyone have any updates on the issues with Sea Princess? Is the issue going to be resolved when they spend a few days in Singapore?

Any updates would be greatly appreciated.

Chez

It is assumed to be the case, but I am sure Princess will make an announcement shortly after the Singapore visit to say that the Sea Princess is ready to sail (even if it isn't fixed properly yet).:(

Edited by MicCanberra

It is assumed to be the case, but I am sure Princess will make an announcement shortly after the Singapore visit to say that the Sea Princess is ready to sail (even if it isn't fixed properly yet).:(

I am wondering if the repair can be done at the Cruise terminal , or does the ship have to go into drydock?

It wont be much fun for passengers if they are stuck at the back end of Singapore in a security controlled industrial area.

I am wondering if the repair can be done at the Cruise terminal , or does the ship have to go into drydock?

It wont be much fun for passengers if they are stuck at the back end of Singapore in a security controlled industrial area.

Yes it will be interesting.

Stay tuned (not holding your breath I hope) for Princess to make the announcement that will affect all the passengers on what work will be done and where the ship will be docked in Singapore for the 3 days.

Yes it will be interesting.

Stay tuned (not holding your breath I hope) for Princess to make the announcement that will affect all the passengers on what work will be done and where the ship will be docked in Singapore for the 3 days.

Cruise ship schedule for Singapore has her arriving Friday 29 Aug at 8pm and departing Monday 1 Sep at 8am. Not too sure what the "official" schedule is as per Princess. Given Princess' previous history on communications to their passengers I doubt that there will be any announcement.

Cruise ship schedule for Singapore has her arriving Friday 29 Aug at 8pm and departing Monday 1 Sep at 8am. Not too sure what the "official" schedule is as per Princess. Given Princess' previous history on communications to their passengers I doubt that there will be any announcement.

Exactly.:(

A lot can happen in three days, let us hope that she is repaired fully and it is not just a stop-gap measure.:rolleyes:

Exactly.:(

A lot can happen in three days, let us hope that she is repaired fully and it is not just a stop-gap measure.:rolleyes:

I don't believe it will be fixed and that it is just the start of the fix. The cruise following this one has had lots of changes, cancellations etc as a result of the ship sailing slow so it looks like they know it won't be fixed in Singapore.:mad:

I don't believe it will be fixed and that it is just the start of the fix. The cruise following this one has had lots of changes, cancellations etc as a result of the ship sailing slow so it looks like they know it won't be fixed in Singapore.:mad:

They know already, have informed some passengers, and yet people have not been allowed to cancel without penalty unless the passenger gets the media or social media behind their cause. Not good public relations.:(

Today I was looking at Cruise Critic for information on Dunedin. We are taking the Sea Princess on October 13th and Dunedin is one of the ports.

Look at what I stumbled on:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=113316

I normally cruise Celebrity and our Princess cruise in October will be our first time on Princess. I will say that we booked her for October 17th out of Sydney and they cancelled that sailing. Their attitude about the inconvenience I experience was poor. We are sailing Century from San Francisco to Sydney and had already made reservations to fly home on October 31st with Qantas. In order to redeem my desire to see NZ for the first time, we now had to fly to Brisbane (extra cost and time). Princess could not care less about this.

Today I was looking at Cruise Critic for information on Dunedin. We are taking the Sea Princess on October 13th and Dunedin is one of the ports.

Look at what I stumbled on:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=113316

I normally cruise Celebrity and our Princess cruise in October will be our first time on Princess. I will say that we booked her for October 17th out of Sydney and they cancelled that sailing. Their attitude about the inconvenience I experience was poor. We are sailing Century from San Francisco to Sydney and had already made reservations to fly home on October 31st with Qantas. In order to redeem my desire to see NZ for the first time, we now had to fly to Brisbane (extra cost and time). Princess could not care less about this.

Such a shame.

They spend so much in advertising when treating their current customers could reap just as much income long term.