Slow Sea Princess

We have cancelled our Sea Princess Cruise (Northern Explorer). We have received refund and transferred non-refundable portion to a future cruise. Yes we are cruising with Princess again. The communication issue with this cruise was disappointing but we are over that and looking forward to future cruises. We hope everyone enjoys their cruise. We are still travelling to Perth and doing a trip to Broome. (This was why we booked the cruise and why we were so disappointed when Broome was dropped from the itinerary). Will wave the Sea Princess off from Freemantle !!!

Glad it has worked out to your satisfaction, enjoy Broome and it's surrounds.:D

We have friends booked to depart BNE on a 14 day NZ cruise from 29/9/14 and they've been told by their TA that there are no destination changes for this trip :)

Maybe running repairs have brought Sea Princess back to normal operation ?

This is excellent news if it is the case but I thought I'd check on their behalf in case anyone here has more up to date info, thanks :)

We have friends booked to depart BNE on a 14 day NZ cruise from 29/9/14 and they've been told by their TA that there are no destination changes for this trip :)

This is excellent news if it is the case but I thought I'd check on their behalf in case anyone here has more up to date info, thanks :)

Let us hope you are correct. It could also be that the distances and amount of sail time (between ports) are not an issue for this cruise as not all the cruises have been adversley affected.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

No destination changes however port times have been changed

Daily telegraph today has article on couple who got a refund from NRMA travel due to late notice of the port changes due to mechanical problem known by company months before.

Someone might know how to post the link to the full article.

Sue

Daily telegraph today has article on couple who got a refund from NRMA travel due to late notice of the port changes due to mechanical problem known by company months before.

Someone might know how to post the link to the full article.

Sue

Interesting that NRMA have acted (likely to protect their name) and yet Princess do not take a more affirmative action to inform people.:D

Thanks all for the quick feedback.

I shall advise my friends to re-check with their TA and to specifically ask about arrival/departure times as that could affect any tours they have booked privately (they are not up to speed on the internet so can't do this sort of stuff themselves).

Thanks also for the "heads up" on that refund article in the telegraph, I'll attempt to copy the link below but it may not work as I'm not much better at this stuff than my aforementioned friends .....http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/opinion/how-to-save-700-a-year-on-your-electricity-bill/story-fnlrw4is-1227039173204?nk=3563effc8f5d828c42956a935cbddf86 It's down the page a bit hopefully :)

The cruise conditions state half of your ports have to be changed before the cruise line will do anything....in what other industry would people accept that was fair. It is what we said from the beginning...people should have been told of the changes as soon as it was obvious the problem would affect itineraries..and given options, to stay, to switch or to refund.

Sue

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The cruise conditions state half of your ports have to be changed before the cruise line will do anything....in what other industry would people accept that was fair. It is what we said from the beginning...people should have been told of the changes as soon as it was obvious the problem would affect itineraries..and given options, to stay, to switch or to refund.

Sue

Agreed.:D

What is NRMA?

Inquiring minds want to know.

National Roads and Motorists' Association it does roadside service, mechanical maintenance, insurance, travel, and quite a few other things as well.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

National Roads and Motorists' Association it does roadside service, mechanical maintenance, insurance, travel, and quite a few other things as well.:D

Thanks MicCanberra. I noticed that this couple is also from your town. I am glad they got their money back. NRMA did the right thing even if it was motive driven as Princess doesn't seem to care about the poor service or reputation they are obtaining.

Thanks MicCanberra. I noticed that this couple is also from your town. I am glad they got their money back. NRMA did the right thing even if it was motive driven as Princess doesn't seem to care about the poor service or reputation they are obtaining.

Yes, I was thinking that NRMA did a great thing considering it is not their fault. But as they say 'Reputations can be everything' and are definitely best preserved rather than letting them slide in people's estimations.:D

Today in Auckland we had a cruise expo at Queens Wharf; we went down there and while we where there I spoke to a Princess rep about the Sea Princess.

She said the part that is giving the Sea Princess all the problems at the moment is meant to last the life time of the ship!, but it hasn’t, and Princess is currently building a new part which should be installed by late October (This is according to her).

Sue

I agree 100% about people should be told in advance, however it "is" a term of the contract and you are aware before you book.

However advertising a service, in this case itinerary, that you know you can't fulfill is clearly false advertising and the ACCC [that toothless tiger] should act.

Today in Auckland we had a cruise expo at Queens Wharf; we went down there and while we where there I spoke to a Princess rep about the Sea Princess.

She said the part that is giving the Sea Princess all the problems at the moment is meant to last the life time of the ship!, but it hasn’t, and Princess is currently building a new part which should be installed by late October (This is according to her).

Yes, I hear Fincantieri Shipyard is manufacturing a new rubber band for Sea Princess. LOL.

Edited by NSWP

Now that worries me Kiwi cruiser, maybe that means Sea Princess's life time is up? We used to sell product marketed by the manufacturer as having a lifetime warranty and people used to ask "how long is the lifetime?" We answered "until it breaks!" If Sea Princess has achieved the milestone of breaking a "lifetime" stickered part, one does tend to wonder.....

Steve.

Now that worries me Kiwi cruiser, maybe that means Sea Princess's life time is up? We used to sell product marketed by the manufacturer as having a lifetime warranty and people used to ask "how long is the lifetime?" We answered "until it breaks!" If Sea Princess has achieved the milestone of breaking a "lifetime" stickered part, one does tend to wonder.....

There's a lot more to a ship than just a part.

Celebrity had an issue fairly recently with a part in its azipods that wasn't meant to break. Replace the azipod and it's back to work.