Do you use Choice Air?

HI!

We used it for our one way to Hawaii last month. We got a GREAT price. It was actually half the price of what the airlines were directly quoting. Now, Choice Air is really good if you do one ways, especially overseas. If you just do domestic, then its pretty much the same prices as the airlines if you book direct.

Hope this helps!

Ali

Just curious if it's worth using. I always booked directly with the airlines. Thanks for the replies

Only for one-way flights to Europe so far. We got very good prices for those flights.

I booked a refundable CA flight as a backup when it looked as if a Lufthansa strike was going to mess with our flight to Copenhagen. I would only do it again for a compelling price difference, which I've only seen on one-way international flights. I found the entire process to be frustrating, from dealing with overseas reps who had limited English skills to getting our refund - Air Canada sent it within a week but RCI sat on it for 4 weeks until I called (they say to allow 4 weeks) and it was just sitting in their account. It took another 7 days to process the refund.

For a $2000+ difference (and I've seen even more on those one-way flights), I would do it again. For the same price that I can get by booking directly, no.

I am seriously thinking about using Choice Air for our return to Canada from our Transatlantic next year but I wonder if anybody could answer a question for me? Do I need to fly back within a day or two of disembarking in England or can we spend a few weeks sightseeing, and still use a Choice Air flight? I've never used them so I'm not familiar with how it works.

I am seriously thinking about using Choice Air for our return to Canada from our Transatlantic next year but I wonder if anybody could answer a question for me? Do I need to fly back within a day or two of disembarking in England or can we spend a few weeks sightseeing, and still use a Choice Air flight? I've never used them so I'm not familiar with how it works.

There is some leeway, and I've flown a week after the cruise, however I don't know what the limit it. You can use thje Choice Air website to price your flights, and it will tell you if your dates are outof line.

We used Choice one time last year for round trip from Seattle to Tampa for a 5 day Jewel cruise. We went with Choice because it was marginally less than anything else we found. It had it's benefits as it made it easy to book the transfers to and from the airport. No complaints

We have used Choice Air twice, for one-way return flights after a TA. They would have cost $4,000 each through the airline; through Choice Air it was a little over $600. We were able to choose the airline we wanted, the times, etc. No hard sell or anything; very convenient as well as a great price break.

It is probably wise to book in advance, to be sure there are seats available with the carrier and times you want.

I see this option as a really nice perk. As far as changes to flights, the airlines pull those shenanigans....Choice Air would have no reason to do that unless they weren't being told of schedule changes (I've actually had this happen with Delta and Open Skies, direct reservations too).

Anyway, I love the options. You have so many selections. Plus you can upgrade to biz class for a whole heck of a lot less than you can do on your own.

There is an option on the website where you don't need a reservation #....just to get an idea of how much it would cost.

Good luck!

Edited by kymbakitty

I have used CA before and will use them again for my trip to London next May. The nice thing about CA is that if your flight is delayed and ship sails, they will make arrangements to get you to the ship.

Just returned from an Alaska land tour/cruise. At first, the flights seemed terrific, but later CA changed our flights/times which were horribly inconvenient.

Would try to avoid booking with them again.

This was our experience as well. They kept changing the flight to sell more expensive tickets on sold out flights (my theory). We watched like a hawk the 2nd time and same thing. We called and after pre checking that the original earlier / original flight still had seats on the airlines website, we called and they switched us back...

Thanks! the other one wasn't working. I have another question......... If we decide to use Choice Air, can I do it myself or does my TA handle it?

We always book on Choice Air ourselves, even though we use a TA.

Edited by clarea

There's actually a LOT of leeway. I booked it for my upcoming Alaska cruises (Northbound on Radiance, 2 days in Seward, and Statendam back to Vancouver. When I put in my booking number it came up with the default of home to YVR on embarkation day and back from Anchorage at the end of the cruise. I simply changed the "multiple cities" box to "round trip" and changed the "go" date to 2 days before the cruise and the return date to the day after the Statendam docks in Vancouver, and everything went normally from there.

Roy

Thanks everyone for your help. I just went to Choice Air to check a return flight from London to Toronto. :eek::eek: The price (one way) for each person is $2,035 ! :eek: We're looking at over $4,000 each . I can probably book a return flight for under $1,000 per person so I'll have to check some other options. I just can't believe the price! :p

I tried it a few different ways...one way was coming back just a few days after we arrived in England and the other way was taking a few weeks to sightsee but there wasn't much difference. Back to the drawing board!:rolleyes: