Volendam will add Lanai cabins and MIX

InTheWASide

Yes, Veendam has MIX.

I just noticed it is in your signature. I hardly ever glance at people's lists. :o

I scroll right past them most of the time.

Pro tip: Under your User CP ypu can hide signatures and avatars. It really, REALLY, improves the board experience. :)

Pro tip: Under your User CP ypu can hide signatures and avatars. It really, REALLY, improves the board experience. :)

Thanks.

I know that is an option but every now and then I do want to see what ship someone is sailing so I've not yet hidden the signatures but maybe I'll give it a try for a while. :)

Edited by sail7seas

I like to see where people are going. What I don't like are posters that keep their expired countdown clocks.

I like to see where people are going. What I don't like are posters that keep their expired countdown clocks.

there are also some good links in some signatures - like to the website halfacts.com;)

This is from the Veendam Mix menu, there's a Martini Flight listed:

316rz9g.jpg

Oh that does look dangerous. I'll have to share with the hubby. The peach one sounds good but I'd have to get it without grapefruit juice, my chemo meds forbid it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks.

I know that is an option but every now and then I do want to see what ship someone is sailing so I've not yet hidden the signatures but maybe I'll give it a try for a while. :)

I've grown to prefer hiding signatures ... and when you do want to see what's there, all you have to do is click a poster's name and then View Public Profile.

I know change is inevitable but the Mix is not one of my favourite things on the ships. I'm sorry to see this happen on the Volendam

I couldn't agree with you more. They took the intimate Piano Bars out of the S-class ships and created a mish-mash of an area with a variety of activities. They can't all co-exist at the same time.

That made the Piano Lounges on the R-class ships a preferable area over the Mix. And now those are going, too. :(

It's as if HAL is really trying to make the older ships less attractive to sail on, which will create a reason to get rid of them.

I hope people won't be too mad at me but I will be the devil's advocate and say that I am happy about it! The Maasdam and Veendam, with the Eurodam, are my favorite ships. I just love the Lanai cabins and the Mix also. I prefer smaller ships, even though I loved Eurodam mostly because of the Tamarind, but I always find the staff more relaxed than on the other ships. I found the Zuiderdam and Westerdam's staff more tense than on the smaller ships. I also cruised the Ryndam and also found the staff more at ease. It may also be just a coincidence;-)

I thought that the Zaandam had the MIX.

The lanai cabins are due to come in December's dry dock.

That was my point KK, Hal did not list the Zaandam as having the 'Mix' and I knew she did as I sailed on her a few weeks ago.

'Ships that already have Mix are ms Maasdam, ms Rotterdam, ms Ryndam, ms Statendam and ms Veendam.'

I hope people won't be too mad at me but I will be the devil's advocate and say that I am happy about it! The Maasdam and Veendam, with the Eurodam, are my favorite ships. I just love the Lanai cabins and the Mix also. I prefer smaller ships, even though I loved Eurodam mostly because of the Tamarind, but I always find the staff more relaxed than on the other ships. I found the Zuiderdam and Westerdam's staff more tense than on the smaller ships. I also cruised the Ryndam and also found the staff more at ease. It may also be just a coincidence;-)

No worries; lots of people like Mix ;)

I thought you all might be interested in this.

Scott & Karen

Press Release: Canada NewsWire

Holland America Line's ms Volendam to Add 21 Lanai Staterooms and Mix Bar Area at End of 2014

Innovative lanai rooms provide guests direct access to the large wrap-around Promenade Deck

SEATTLE, June 2, 2014 - When Holland America Line's ms Volendam completes dry-dock in December 2014, the ship will feature 21 new exclusive lanai staterooms, the contemporary bar area Mix and updated bathrooms in all suites and select other stateroom categories. With the conversion of existing outside staterooms to the new lanai accommodations, Volendam's guest capacity of 1,432 will not change.

The unique lanai accommodations feature large sliding-glass doors with direct access to the Lower Promenade wrap-around teak walking deck. Each lanai stateroom includes reserved deck chairs, and the sliding-glass doors have a one-way mirrored coating to ensure privacy. HollandAmerica Line ships already outfitted with lanai staterooms are ms Maasdam, ms Rotterdamand ms Veendam.

"Volendam's itineraries in Alaska and other scenic parts of the world are ideal for direct promenade deck access and the enhanced views of the popular lanai layout," said Richard Meadows, Holland America Line's executive vice president of sales, marketing and guest relations. "We're also making other exciting enhancements to the ship, and adding Mix presents a stylish multi-themed venue for our guests to mingle and enjoy themselves."

During the dry dock, all suite bathrooms will also be updated to feature new whirlpool bathtubs, stone vanities, lighted mirrors, Grohe fixtures, floors, walls and sinks. Several additional categories, including the Lanai Staterooms, will also receive new bathroom appointments and walk-in showers.

Mix and Mingle in New Branded Theme Space

Volendam's centrally located bars will be reconfigured to feature Mix, a space that incorporates three specialty theme bars: Martinis, Champagne and Spirits & Ales.

Martinis serves 19 Grey Goose martinis elegantly offered in individual shakers as well as a full range of cocktails. Guests can also enjoy a martini flight made up of several mini martini concoctions. A featured cocktail is Holland America Line's signature martini, the Yellow Tulip, a mixture of Grey Goose vodka, lychee juice, pineapple juice, guava juice, coconut cream and fresh lime juice.

The bubbly flows at Champagne, which offers a selection of 20 champagnes and sparkling wines from around the world. This venue will offer events such as late champagne breakfast, pre-lunch Mimosa and Bellini hour, champagne tea time and pre-dinner champagne hour with caviar canapés.

Spirits & Ales features an international selection of beers and premium whiskeys and brandies sure to impress even the most discerning connoisseur. Here guests can drop by to enjoy a wide array of beers on tap while watching sporting events or relax after some shopping in the nearby boutiques.

Ships that already have Mix are ms Maasdam, ms Rotterdam, ms Ryndam, ms Statendam and ms Veendam.

For more information, visit Holland America Line's website, contact a travel professional or call 1-877-SAIL-HAL (1-877-724-5425).

Editor's note: Photo is available at https://www.cleanpix.com/cleanpix/portal/W14yg-EQc-9Cw.

Find Holland America Line on Twitter, Facebook and the Holland America Blog. Access all social media outlets via the Online Communities quick link on the home page at http://www.hollandamerica.com.

About Holland America Line [a division of Carnival Corporation and plc (NYSE: CCL and CUK)]

HollandAmerica Line's fleet of 15 ships offers more than 500 cruises to 415 ports in 98 countries, territories or dependencies. One- to 110-day itineraries visit all seven continents and highlights include Antarctica, South America, Australia/New Zealand and Asia voyages; four annual Grand Voyages; and popular sailings to ports in the Caribbean, Alaska, Mexico, Canada/New England, Europe and Panama Canal. The line currently has a new ship on order from Fincantieri shipyard for delivery in February 2016.

Fleetwide, the company features Signature of Excellence enhancements, a commitment totaling more than $500 million, that showcase the Culinary Arts Center presented by Food & Wine magazine — a state-of-the-art onboard show kitchen where more than 60 celebrated guest chefs and culinary experts provide cooking demonstrations and classes — Explorations Café powered by The New York Times, Digital Workshop powered by Windows, teens-only activity areas and all new stateroom amenities highlighted by flat-panel TVs and plush Euro-top Mariner's Dream Beds.

World's Leading Cruise Lines

HollandAmerica Line is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines. Our exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Cunard Line, Princess Cruises, Costa Cruises and Seabourn. Sharing a passion to please each guest and a commitment to quality and value, World's Leading Cruise Lines inspires people to discover their best vacation experience. Together, we offer a variety of exciting and enriching cruise vacations to the world's most desirable destinations. Visit us at http://www.worldsleadingcruiselines.com.