What do you not come home without?

Add me to the Christmas ornament group. I also collect little shell turtles whenever I can find them.

Last time, I tried to bring back some sunshine, but I guess you're not allowed to import it, because that was in the one suitcase that was opened and inspected.

Kathy

The wife, key chain of the ship from the logo shop, ball caps with the name of the island from each port, caribbean calendar for the next calendar year, post cards from each port (On my job everybody I work with brings back post cards from places we went on vacations and gives them out), and cruise compasses. DW has her things that she brings back also. :cool:

Edited by bigque

Too funny - not only can you add me to the magnet group but I am definitely planning on checking on this Sheridan's thing I learned about on CC. I meant to pick some up or at least go to a tasting on my last cruise on Carnival but didn't get around to it. Now will definitely have to check on my Oct Royal cruise.

Also love the wind chimes idea! Now I'm going to be on the lookout for those as well.

One more thing besides magnets I always try to get is a drink koozie.

If you like coffee liquor, this is for you! It's a coffee/whisky liqueur in one side and white chocolate on the other. You pour it a certain way and the white floats on top and OMG it's amazing!

I really don' know why my DW feel the need to keep bringing me back! She could have left me on St. Maarten or St. Lucia and could haved saved on return trip Air Fare! :eek:

We had to stop the fridge magnet thing after our kitchen remodel. Who knew that stainless steel is not magnetic! No place to put all the magnets now, they won't stick to the new fridge or other appliances!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Edited by LetsGetWet!

We have collected those framed watercolor maps of each Caribbean island. One of these days I'm going to mount them all together... We used to do the fridge magnet thing, but several years ago I got a stainless fridge, so it only has one side for magnets and we ran out of room.

I like trying to find small paintings, watercolors or acrylics, from different local artists.

Add me to the Christmas ornament collector's list, too.

And when we visit St. Maarten, a bottle of Blue Bitch rum!:D

a bracelet. Not a very expensive one, although the first one was quite expensive. I have 4 now. Not sure how I am going to wear 200 of them by the time I retire :D

My daughter brings back all the daily newsletters.

Edited by Adayatatime

We buy Christmas ornaments. We don't have much display room so this way we can at least look at them all and remember once a year. I'm going to string all my kukui nut and shell leis from Hawaii together and make a garland for the tree.

For those who live near the border...we have lots of Sheridan up here in Canada. For whomever likes paper money, we also have lots of colourful money up here too. Well.....the new money is kind of plastic-y and supposedly will melt in a hot car. It's pretty though.

Magnet from each island we've been to. Do that for places we visit on the mainland also. Lots of magnets and pictures on our fridge. I seem to have lost my Aruba magnet so if anyone gets there can you get me one please?:D

We'll be in Aruba this November, and live in Central PA during our non-cruise times, so perhaps can drop off a new Aruba magnet for you. :D

To answer the original question, I always bring back my husband, since he pays the credit card bills and for the next cruise.

I love to bring back a nice wearable. It may be a scarf, shoes, dress, jacket, etc. I look for something I like, not something that states where it's from.

Every time I wear one of my souvenirs, or better yet, get a compliment on it, it's a reminder of my lovely trip.

I just brought back my new favorite pair of jeans from a little shop in Brugge, and icing on the cake is, they were on sale!

I like to buy a small bottle of perfume or soap that is produced in each country I visit. And, when they are used up...I can go back and buy some more! :D It eliminates the overcrowding problem that eventually arises when you collect magnets or ornaments! ;) My favorite perfume so far, came from Bermuda. My favorite soap came from Marseille, France.

I always buy a group picture and usually a coffee mug. I think about my wonderful trip when I have my morning tea. I also like to buy a beach towel from the ship. Or the port. I feel they last longer than t-shirts.

Loralie

We have storms moving in and I can hear my wooden wind chimes I bought in the Bahamas ringing outside. I'm so glad I bought them and think that may be my "thing" to purchase on each trip (along with a bottle of alcohol that I can only get in that particular port, like the Ricardo Rum I bought).

So I thought this would be a fun question.... Is there anything specific you make sure to collect on every cruise or port?

We look for really nice fridge magnets.

When I was teaching, I always brought back pencils from each port. It started to be a thing with our faculty area. Everyone would bring back some from wherever they went.

I always bring back wonderful memories, you can't beat those.:)

I bring home a paper bill since I collect money from countries I visit (I hate the euro since I only get one to count for multiple countries).

Looking forward to my Baltic cruise since I'll be visiting a bunch of new countries.

I bring home a paper bill from the ship itself. I get one every cruise. I don't want one, but the ship's staff always manage to slip one under my door on the last day, so I have no choice. Those can be pricy "souvenirs" sometimes. I don't put them on my fridge though, that would be just weird.

Like many others, I collect windchimes and Christmas ornaments, and also coasters and trivets from various ports.

I'm a pharmacist, so I collect mortars and pestles. I've picked up beautiful and inexpensive hand-carved ones in wood, stone, marble, etc from Labadee, Puerto Rico, Italy, Mexico, etc

We have storms moving in and I can hear my wooden wind chimes I bought in the Bahamas ringing outside. I'm so glad I bought them and think that may be my "thing" to purchase on each trip (along with a bottle of alcohol that I can only get in that particular port, like the Ricardo Rum I bought).

So I thought this would be a fun question.... Is there anything specific you make sure to collect on every cruise or port?

HA! I bought 4 different bottles of tequila from a store in Mexico that i was assured could not be found in the US... fast forward a few weeks and I see all four bottles in my local liquor store.

A ship model..

Has saved me a little money going on the Mariner two times.

Laura

What are these ship models that you guys are talking about? Are they already assembled? Where did you get them and how much$?

We started a tradition when the kids were young and picked up a coffee mug every new place that we went on vacation. These were all land based. Now that we are cruising, being "empty nesters", we pick up a new mug at each port. We have a bookshelf, now a mug shelf, that we display them on.