Bags VIP Luggage Direct

lazey1

Has anyone used this HAL service recently? Say within the last 6 months to a year. We are considering using it and would appreciate your comments whether good or bad.

I have not used the VIP Luggage Direct service. However, I have used Luggage Forward twice, which also works with HAL. They pick up luggage at your home and deliver it to ship. Post cruise they pick it up in the terminal and deliver it to your home. The only way to go if you are a single cruiser of a certain age! Or just do not want the bother of carting luggage around.

Has anyone used this HAL service recently? Say within the last 6 months to a year. We are considering using it and would appreciate your comments whether good or bad.

Is that is the one where they take your luggage to the airport and you do not see it again until you get to your home airport where it magically appears (hopefully) on the luggage carousel? If it is, we used it on our last cruise and it was wonderful. Made our life a lot easier.

Cost us $25 I believe per person and worth every cent we paid.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

Hi

No this is a new program.. called VIP luggage direct.. you bring it to airport and next time you see it is at outside your door. I think it also works from cruise cabin door to your home address

Look up here Jet Blue VIP luggage direct. It cheap 35.00 on top of any luggage fees

This has just started this year.

Mary

We used it too. One time our luggage went on an earlier flight than we did(always booking after noon, but luggage direct people disembark very early) and four bags were going round and round on the carousel. Luckily no one took them. The next time we used it, no problems. Worth the money not to have to worry about it.

Edited by mamaofami

Thank all of you for your replys. We are not only of a "certain age" we both have some mobility issues requiring 2 walkers plus portable oxygen for the flight plus the bipap for sleep. That plus our overnight medicine bags make flying very difficult.

Hi

No this is a new program.. called VIP luggage direct.. you bring it to airport and next time you see it is at outside your door. I think it also works from cruise cabin door to your home address

Look up here Jet Blue VIP luggage direct. It cheap 35.00 on top of any luggage fees

This has just started this year.

Mary

My understanding is that your home has to be within a certain number of miles from the airport for the VIP. We live 90 miles from airport so it wouldn't work for us. I hope they still have the usual Luggage Direct. We have used that one in the past and really liked the service.

Mary Kay, check out the web site maketraveleasier.com. Apparently they will deliver up to 100 miles but they charge an extra $1per mile for each mile over 40.

I believe that luggage direct is still an option with HAL. We have used them for the flight home and been very happy.

Having the bags delivered direct to the ship or hotel the from the ship to home seems to good to pass up.

Mary Kay, check out the web site maketraveleasier.com. Apparently they will deliver up to 100 miles but they charge an extra $1per mile for each mile over 40.

I believe that luggage direct is still an option with HAL. We have used them for the flight home and been very happy.

Having the bags delivered direct to the ship or hotel the from the ship to home seems to good to pass up.

Thanks. Will keep the alternative in mind in case we need it the next time we cruise on HAL.

My husband is mobility impaired and I already carry his CPAP so the more help with the rest of the luggage the better.

Edited by NMLady

We used it too. One time our luggage went on an earlier flight than we did(always booking after noon, but luggage direct people disembark very early) and four bags were going round and round on the carousel. Luckily no one took them. The next time we used it, no problems. Worth the money not to have to worry about it.

We have had this happen on cruise and non-cruise related travel, depending on how early we get to the airport and how long the connection. We learned to immediately check the luggage area when we arrive home after a long flight, just in case.

DaveOKC

We used Luggage Direct last week coming home from Seattle aboard Amsterdam. The requirements in this case were flights departing after 11, and only certain airlines. Delta (ours) was covered so we applied and were approved. For $19.95/person it was WONDERFUL.

As others have said, we put our luggage outside our door the last night and saw it again in our home airport's luggage carousel.

Since our boarding passes were printed by HAL and placed in our cabin along with the baggage tags (with a receipt showing the luggage tag #s if needed), we were able to simply leave the ship, grab a taxi, and go directly to security and then to the gate at SEATAC.

No fussing with luggage at the pier or at the Seattle Airport.

Totally worth the $20/person. We heartily recommend it.

Great idea but didn't work for us...

Got off the Westerdam in Seattle yesterday and while taking the $55.00+tip taxi to the airport, Delta called me to say our flight was delayed and would miss the connection.

With difficulty, they were able to rebook us on US Airlines...not great but that's travel today.

When arriving at the Airport, I checked with both Delta and US Air and was assured that Delta transferred our baggage to go on our later flight.

Yep...you guessed it..never happened and as of this moment, we are waiting for delivery of the bags from US Air.

Next we discovered that they billed us twice for the airline $25 charge for one of the bags. I don't think it would be worth the time to get a refund. Also, Delta offers a future voucher, not a refund, when bags are delayed more than 12 hours.

In terms of convenience it may be worth it, but when something wrong occurs..... it's not so convenient.

• 2 years later...

Yes, Has anyone used this recently? I did sign up for it but because I have never used it before I am just nervous. I went through the company's website direct before I realized that HAL had a link from their site also. Can anybody hold my hand on this one please? Thanks.

We have used Bags VIP Luggage Delivery service many times (most recently in February) and have been 100% satisfied every time. IMO Bags VIP Luggage Delivery service is the best and well worth the cost.

For answers to any specific questions you may have and/or to arrange for the Bags VIP Luggage Delivery service, call Bags VIP Customer Service at 877-847-0045. We have always found the Bags reps to be helpful, knowledgeable and courteous.

Smooth sailing :ship::ship::ship:

We're just off the Westerdam, San Diego to Fort Lauderdale Panama Canal cruise. We used Luggage Direct and really liked it. We paid $25 per person, put our bags out and picked them up at our home destination. They supplied baggage tags and boarding passes. Loved it.

From what I read on line, Luggage Direct is available at some ports but not all. We were looking at using it in Boston when we leave the Rotterdam in August and Boston wasn't one of the cities listed for the service.

It is very important to know that Bags offers 2 or 3 different luggage handling services: Luggage Direct and Bags VIP Luggage Delivery and (according to another CCer) Luggage Forward.

Here are links where you can learn more about the Luggage Direct and Bags VIP Luggage Delivery services, respectively: https://www.maketraveleasier.com/holland/services and https://www.maketraveleasier.com/bagsvip

We have only used the Luggage Direct and Bags VIP Luggage Delivery services (both of which were excellent), so I cannot provide additional information or recommendations on the Luggage Forward service.

As indicated in my Post above, "For answers to any specific questions you may have and/or to arrange for the Bags VIP Luggage Delivery service, call Bags VIP Customer Service at 877-847-0045."

Smooth sailing :ship::ship::ship:

Edited by avian777