Piano Bar Schedule (updated)

mhurdle127

We came off the Oosterdam on 24th May. There were always two pianist playing in the Billboard piano area. They did not take requests while we were present, but confess we weren't too impressed so were not there often.

They play set programs with titles like The 80's, Icons, British invasion, Hot Country, etc. It is not at all like the old piano bar.

They also now have a solo pianist in the Ocean Bar playing light classical and popular music.

D.

Hopefully HAL hears the continuous feedback that two piano players who play "programmed music" is not engaging nor entertaining. We will continue to search out the rare HAL ships with one stellar style Nashville/Las Vegas/Big City "one of a kind" piano man/woman and book that ship....until there are no more.

I would imagine that, in keeping with the partnership with Billboard, the dueling pianists are limited to predetermined set lists of songs that have charted at one time or another in their respective genres. No requests whatsoever.

It definitely changes the concept of the piano bar as we know it, and not for the better (IMHO).

I would imagine that, in keeping with the partnership with Billboard, the dueling pianists are limited to predetermined set lists of songs that have charted at one time or another in their respective genres. No requests whatsoever.

It definitely changes the concept of the piano bar as we know it, and not for the better (IMHO).

Totally agree. Additionally, I cannot see any of the "premier" Piano Bar entertainers such as Stryker, Jimmy Maddox or Jeff Warren want to share their show with anyone else or be limited to a HAL pre-determined set list.

Edited by taxmantoo

Don't panic. We were last week on Koningsdam. The dualling pianists from Billboard played requests. We enjoyed them very much. Edited: pianist must be pianists

Edited by Third

One very talented person could fill the bill very nicely.

QUOTE]

That's right as one singer can fill the bill nicely and two is more fun when they interact well. The same with the pianists. Last week on Koningsdam: They played and sang the same songs together, but the man have the man's voice and the women the women voice. It's more fun.

• 2 weeks later...
Lil' bit too soon ;)

Thanks for the try :D We had such a good time on our last HAL cruise with Greg Gallello as the piano man. He packed the piano bar every night to SRO. Folks complained a lot to the CD who finally on the last 2 nights of the cruise moved him up to the Crows Nest which he packed too.

I'm sure we'll enjoy the evenings anywhere there's good, live music playing :)

How about the piano player for the Voyage of the Vikings on the Rotterdam, leaving Boston July 20?

And THANK YOU for your contributions to CC and how you can enhance our per-cruise anticipation!

Edited by wander

How about the piano player for the Voyage of the Vikings on the Rotterdam, leaving Boston July 20?

And THANK YOU for your contributions to CC and how you can enhance our per-cruise anticipation!

Morning Wander and much obliged :)

That's the day Stryker leaves RTDM; his replacement is not known as of yet

I thought Barry From Boston usually did the VOV, and it looks like he will:

http://www.barryfromboston.com/barryfromboston.com/TOUR_SCHEDULE.html

Roy

I'm not seeing an updated 2016 schedule. Sorry if I somehow missed it.

Anyone know who is playing on Eurodam sailing Nov. 26th?

This thread isn't an official schedule that gets updated. It's merely a compilation of information from various posters who share what they've found through individual performers' websites, email lists or other sources. Someone might coincidentally discover that a certain performer will happen to be playing on that ship and sailing, but this thread isn't maintained or updated by any one person. Just a guess, but it's probably too early for Copper to have that particular information.

Also, sometimes you can get an answer on HAL's Facebook page.

On Oosterdam at the moment:

Duelling Pianists Meagan and Diego.

Both nice and talented young persons, but they do play often the same songs.

Who is on Eurodam?

Are the pianists on the Oosterdam likely to change or remain the same for 4 August sailing?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't believe all the negativism. Some people dislike any change...

Meagan and Diego are good entertainers. not fabulous, but we aren't in NY or Vegas either.

I Don't know if they will be on the 04/08/16 cruise.

Can someone tell me who will perform on Eurodam 17/07?

• 4 weeks later...
1st week David Woods; 2nd week and onwards Justin Abrams

Wasn't there a Hotel Director named David Woods on the Veendam then Ryndam a few years ago? He was on both of those cruises we were on...same or very similar name!

Wasn't there a Hotel Director named David Woods on the Veendam then Ryndam a few years ago? He was on both of those cruises we were on...same or very similar name!

The HD was David Wood, no "s", not the same person