Piano Bar Schedule (updated)

mhurdle127

Copper, any idea of Koningsdam will feature our routine / known pianist or will they be bringing on (which I think they will) new ones specifically for that role?

No idea about that one mate; probably still a bit too early, although KODM's crew list is steadily growing with key management and supervisory positions; no one yet from the Entertainment Dept!

I thought I remembered this right and it looks like I did. I thought when I was on the Maasdam Rio Cruise I asked if he would be on my (now cancelled) August Maasdam cruise and he said no, he would be on the Veendam.

Barry from Boston:

http://www.barryfromboston.com/barryfromboston.com/TOUR_SCHEDULE.html

Roy

Barry is terrific! Excellent piano entertainer with just the right amount of humor to keep everyone engaged. Some we've heard on other cruises try too hard to be clever and end up being annoying.

Another Stryker "groupie" here. If I had realized he will be on Volendam the cruise after ours, I would have changed my date.

We were on the Zuiderdam on the March TA Ft Lauderdale to Rome. Had a fantastic time in the piano bar with him every night. He kept the place packed!

Sorry, not known yet. That's the date the piano dude with the contract before that disembarks

Ok thanks Copper. We'll check back in a month or so maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Stryker - I may have missed this already being posted, but will note it in case it has not been:

According to his website, he upcoming schedule:

Volendam - 8/26 - 12/6

Zuiderdam - 1/25 - 4/8

Thank you!

I'd book the Z-dam just to cruise with Stryker again. Had a great time with him on my last Z-dam cruise!

I am not familiar with Jimmy so cannot comment on that. Stryker is a bit (understatement) of a character and like each of the HAL Piano Bar players I have heard, not for everyone.

One reason I personally appreciate Stryker so much is that on a long cruise about 2 yrs ago he encouraged me to sing in the Talent Show where I did well. I have been an chorus/choir singer for years but a shower singer for solos. He gave me the courage to be brave and I have met with great success and a lot of joy in the past 18 months.

After my experiences with Stryker I came home and immediately auditioned for a very big fundraising show for homeless school children and I was a real hit. Since then I have been singing publicly 1-2 time a month and love it. All my work is to raise money for others - I am long time retired and now only sing for my own personal pleasure and to raise money for good causes, mainly homeless children and low income seniors.

Loved Jimmy on the recent Oosterdam. How does Stryker compare to him?

Both are excellent, but different from each other.

Stryker is a warm, fun person. His love of life, music, and (more than a bit of) showmanship bursts out of him. He exudes energy when performing. There seems to be a joy deep inside that rises up, comes through his fingers, and brings the piano to life.

Give him a try for a night or two, and then decide for yourself.

Jimmy Maddox schedule (sorry if it's already been posted).

OosterdamMay 10 - August 2, 2015 Alaska

Eurodam Sept 7 - Nov 7, 2015 Viking Passage & Canada

WesterdamDec 12, 2015 - Feb 13, 2016 Caribbean

Volendam March 17, 2016 - May 4, 2016 Singapore to Vancouver

I am not familiar with Jimmy so cannot comment on that. Stryker is a bit (understatement) of a character and like each of the HAL Piano Bar players I have heard, not for everyone.

One reason I personally appreciate Stryker so much is that on a long cruise about 2 yrs ago he encouraged me to sing in the Talent Show where I did well. I have been an chorus/choir singer for years but a shower singer for solos. He gave me the courage to be brave and I have met with great success and a lot of joy in the past 18 months.

After my experiences with Stryker I came home and immediately auditioned for a very big fundraising show for homeless school children and I was a real hit. Since then I have been singing publicly 1-2 time a month and love it. All my work is to raise money for others - I am long time retired and now only sing for my own personal pleasure and to raise money for good causes, mainly homeless children and low income seniors.

Very nice!

Jimmy Maddox schedule (sorry if it's already been posted).

OosterdamMay 10 - August 2, 2015 Alaska

Eurodam Sept 7 - Nov 7, 2015 Viking Passage & Canada

WesterdamDec 12, 2015 - Feb 13, 2016 Caribbean

Volendam March 17, 2016 - May 4, 2016 Singapore to Vancouver

FWIW, in the Jimmy Maddox thread I've included a bit more detail of the cruises during each stint.

Both are excellent, but different from each other.

Stryker is a warm, fun person. His love of life, music, and (more than a bit of) showmanship bursts out of him. He exudes energy when performing. There seems to be a joy deep inside that rises up, comes through his fingers, and brings the piano to life.

Give him a try for a night or two, and then decide for yourself.

Ruth....Love the way you described Stryker! He sure made our T/A in March a very memorable cruise.

I love piano bars on board. They can make or break my on board entertainment ( that and a hot craps table). Jimmy was fantastic and i look forward to stryker on my trip in january.