Piano Bar Schedule (updated)

mhurdle127

I have read every post on here and no one has mentioned Jamsheed Master. We will be on the Stantendam Dec.15 and I see that he will be playing the piano Bar. Does anyone know what he is like as I really enjoy going there for a fun and relaxing evening.

Helen

I have read every post on here and no one has mentioned Jamsheed Master. We will be on the Stantendam Dec.15 and I see that he will be playing the piano Bar. Does anyone know what he is like as I really enjoy going there for a fun and relaxing evening.

Helen

Mostly Broadway tunes. Very little interaction with the audience and rarely accepts requests for participation songs. The Statendam Mix is probably a better venue for his style than the traditional Piano Bar settings of the Vista or Signature ships.

I have read every post on here and no one has mentioned Jamsheed Master. ... Does anyone know what he is like as I really enjoy going there for a fun and relaxing evening.

He's full of energy. He tends to bring in some of the show cast and has them perform, changing the atmosphere entirely.

When he does do Broadway, he likes to pick one composer to highlight, but picks the more obscure songs.

Buddy Mitchell has told me he expects to be on the Rotterdam until late May '15.

He packed the Volendam every night on my recent Alaska cruise.

Too bad we didn't have him three weeks ago.

We had Bob. Bob is the worst I've seen in my life, no hyperbole.

It was karaoke, not a piano entertainer.

Quick! Book another cruise! Hurry!!!

I felt so fortunate to run into Buddy again. I knew him from the Crow's Nest on the Prinsendam (which does not have a Piano Bar). He wanted so very much to move to a ship with a Piano Bar, and am glad he got the gig.

The Volendam currently has a Piano Lounge, not a piano bar, and Buddy was excited to be moving to a ship with a MIX set-up. Not my favorite style of venue, but if the entertainer is happy, things are better all around. ;)

We just got off the Prinsendam and happy to report that Don Alexander was the piano player each night in the Crows Nest. He had different themed nights such as Elvis but also many were requests only. He played every genre and also accompanied himself with a sax or harmonica.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We just got off the Prinsendam and happy to report that Don Alexander was the piano player each night in the Crows Nest. He had different themed nights such as Elvis but also many were requests only. He played every genre and also accompanied himself with a sax or harmonica.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Don Alexander was in the Piano Bar in Mix on the Veendam in Feb and packed the house each evening and developed a "groupie" following.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Might help if Bob had a family name ;)

I agree. We had him on the Rotterdam Aug 2-30. He was the worst Piano Bar man we have ever had. No or very little crowd interaction. The prized chairs around the piano were rarely filled. Bob was the only name we ever heard. I think he said he was from Germany.

Dan

I agree. We had him on the Rotterdam Aug 2-30. He was the worst Piano Bar man we have ever had. No or very little crowd interaction. The prized chairs around the piano were rarely filled. Bob was the only name we ever heard. I think he said he was from Germany.
This is ringing some bells.

We had a German guy, whose name might well have been Bob, on Rotterdam in June 2013. He had an assumed English "surname" as a performing name (because he's got a base somewhere in the US, possibly Las Vegas), but I think we did somehow find out his real German surname too. The pain avoidance part of my brain has now blanked out all of this information. He was atrocious - truly the worst that we've had, too.

Thanks Taxnantoo and Ruth for the information. I'll have to check him out. I love the piano Bar music but my DH isn't so keen on it.

Helen

Edited by hpf

I know that he's going to be on the Noordam during my 10-day cruise that starts on February 6.

Does anyone know if he still uses the pre-recorded synthesizer music disks?

Let's hope he doesn't treat the Piano Bar like a Karioke Bar. Passengers don't pay to cruise and be entertained by other passengers in the Piano Bar.

Let's hope he doesn't treat the Piano Bar like a Karioke Bar. Passengers don't pay to cruise and be entertained by other passengers in the Piano Bar.[/color][/size][/b]

Has he done this in the past? I was referring to the pre-recorded tracks that he uses to supplement his own piano playing -- Nothing to do with karaoke by other passengers.

Edited by elycelynne

Has he done this in the past? I was referring to the pre-recorded tracks that he uses to supplement his own piano playing -- Nothing to do with karaoke by other passengers.

That has been our experience with Michael Sara as well. We had him on a Eurodam cruise two years ago and Piano Bar was packed every night. People seemed to enjoy him.

Jeff Warren just finished his contract on the Zaandam today and will be on vacation for 6 weeks before boarding the Oosterdam in December for a Australia/New Zealand sailing. We were very lucky to have him on our Circle Hawaii cruise for the past 16 days. Highly recommend his show to everyone. ☺

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

• 5 weeks later...
He's full of energy. He tends to bring in some of the show cast and has them perform, changing the atmosphere entirely.

When he does do Broadway, he likes to pick one composer to highlight, but picks the more obscure songs.

Jamsheed Master aka "Jamm" is on Statendam now. I just got off the ship Sunday. He packed the house every night.

As Ruth said, he often picks one composer or singer to highlight for a 1.5 hour set, such as Stephen Sondheim, Barbra, ABBA, Cole Porter, Rogers & Hammerstein, The Beatles, etc.