Frequent Cruisers, opinions please! Is this a decent price?

Going on Freedom in September and have decided to take daughter and son-in-law along. Price right now for an inside is about $600 pp before port charges and taxes. Haven't cruised in years so haven't really been keeping up with prices. I know it's all about supply/demand, just trying to decide if we should go ahead and book at this price, or take a chance and wait until after final which is coming up in a few weeks. We booked an E1 last December and were able to lower our price by $130 for the stateroom when the latest promo started a few days ago. Just would like some opinions from some frequent cruisers here!:D

Edited by Peachy59

Going on Freedom in September and have decided to take daughter and son-in-law along. Price right now for an inside is about $600 pp before port charges and taxes. Haven't cruised in years so haven't really been keeping up with prices. I know it's all about supply/demand, just trying to decide if we should go ahead and book at this price, or take a chance and wait until after final which is coming up in a few weeks. We booked an E1 last December and were able to lower our price by $130 for the stateroom when the latest promo started a few days ago. Just would like some opinions from some frequent cruisers here!:D
The price could go up or down depending on the bookings. If your happy with the price I say book it.

September is usually a lower priced period. I'd say the $600 is an OK price, not great, but not bad either.

My thoughts exactly! Ok, but not great. I've never booked an inside before, so haven't paid too much attention to those prices. We booked ours early and snagged a corner aft balcony. Just found out our daughter can go. First world problem!:D Thanks for the replies, everyone.

If you're talking about just a few weeks with a cruise date in September..I would take that chance and wait..this pricing is approx what I've paid a few times for an 8 night eastern in March for my adult children in an inside on Indy and Liberty..However I'm talking about cruises in the last couple of years and booking when the itinerary opens...just something to consider...Best of luck and enjoy your cruise with the family.

^+1 - you are close enough to final payment that I'd wait. In the mean time start watching the number of cabins available and see what happens at the 90 day mark (unsold cabins will come back to RCI from TAs). Also, don't jump at the first price drop on the other side of final - if cabin availability doesn't drop quickly, further price drops are likely.

My husband and I paid $499pp for an inside guarantee on our last cruise on Freedom this past March. Once our stateroom was assigned (deck 2, just three days after booking) I called up and moved to deck 6 midship, same category. We ended up exactly where we wanted to for about $350 less than the going rate at that time.

My husband and I paid $499pp for an inside guarantee on our last cruise on Freedom this past March. Once our stateroom was assigned (deck 2, just three days after booking) I called up and moved to deck 6 midship, same category. We ended up exactly where we wanted to for about $350 less than the going rate at that time.

What a great idea/strategy!

But must not be a Spring Break week in March....?

It was the first week in March, so a bit before Easter this year.

I snagged the guarantee price about 5-6 months before the cruise. If I recall correctly, the guarantee price stayed there just a few weeks and then went up.

By final payment date, the guarantee price was around $649.

For inside cabins, I use the $100.00/day/person as a guide whether or not its a "good" price. If it hits this, I see it as average. The farther below this goes, the better the "price" in my opinion.

So for example, if the price for a 10 night cruise is $1000.00 per person, and the price for a 7 night cruise is $700.00 person, I view both these cruises as the same "price" As they both hit 100/night. 800 for a 10 night cruise is equivalent to $560.00 for a 7 night cruise, as now they are both 80/night. That's how i compare prices. I do not include port charges in this because they are for the most part standard per destination, so it may vary and supposedly the cruise lines have no control over these charges.