Princess' fax machine is "down"

K D cruiser

I tried to fax the info for shareholder OBC on Tuesday and called to find out if it went through. I was told the fax machine wasn't working. I called again today and was told the same thing.

So if anyone has faxed their shareholder info and assumed that it went through, you might want to check. The woman I spoke with said they hoped it might be fixed by Friday.

You'd think Princess could afford a new fax machine.

I tried to fax the info for shareholder OBC on Tuesday and called to find out if it went through. I was told the fax machine wasn't working. I called again today and was told the same thing.

So if anyone has faxed their shareholder info and assumed that it went through, you might want to check. The woman I spoke with said they hoped it might be fixed by Friday.

I would hope that Princess has more then 1 fax machine to replace it with. :eek:

Does anyone still use fax machines? Do they even make them any more?

Does it seem a bit ridiculous that you can book your entire cruise online, but you need to send a FAX (or make a phone call) in order to pre-purchase items, make special requests, etc? :rolleyes:

Does anyone still use fax machines? Do they even make them any more?

Does it seem a bit ridiculous that you can book your entire cruise online, but you need to send a FAX (or make a phone call) in order to pre-purchase items, make special requests, etc? :rolleyes:

I know, sometimes as much as some things are up to date others aren't. I know there are faxes that go directly to computers but theirs didn't seem to do that. They were talking about paper at the machine!

We were unlucky to have faxed ours Monday afternoon. When I called

to confirm it was received yesterday (even though I got confirmation), was told it went down then. I got someone very nice and she gave me another fax number, went to that machine and waited for it to come in. Then she immediately posted the shareholders credit to my cruise.

Didn't keep the number , sorry.

I have another cruise I just paid for but will wait till next week to send. I will call first.

I understand Princess was going to use the revenue generated from room service and Alfredos surcharges to buy a new fax machine.

Such as Birthdates , social security numbers etc. I work for a large Insurance company and yes we still use fax for these types of things. Much more secure.

We supply our birth date, passport information, credit card, etc. when purchasing a cruise online, and it is a secure site. You'd think they'd be able to let you pre-purchase soda stickers online too. :rolleyes:

Thank you for the heads up. We faxed ours on Tuesday also and received a confirmation that it went through, but no CC has shown up. Since this is our first time to attempt this we were not sure of the timing.

One question, did you call the regular Princess 1-800 #?

Thanks.

Such as Birthdates , social security numbers etc. I work for a large Insurance company and yes we still use fax for these types of things. Much more secure.

I agree - unencrypted emails with sensitive information can end up anywhere! It is ok to send info over a site that begins with "https" but emails are a totally different thing!

I called Princess and told them that I do not have access to a fax machine, so the rep gave me an email to send it to instead. They DO take emails for the shareholder benefits. I just blacked out everything on the statement except or items that they needed. The email was revenuesupportdepartment@princesscruises.com

I just explained in the mail that I was given this email address since I do not have a fax. I was credited within 2 days for both cabins.

I called Princess and told them that I do not have access to a fax machine, so the rep gave me an email to send it to instead. They DO take emails for the shareholder benefits. I just blacked out everything on the statement except or items that they needed. The email was revenuesupportdepartment@princesscruises.com

I just explained in the mail that I was given this email address since I do not have a fax. I was credited within 2 days for both cabins.

Now that is interesting. I was not happy when they eliminated the email option. And there isn't anything sensitive in what you send them since you can black out the account number, and other personal information isn't displayed. I'll keep that address and will try it in a month when I submit my next OBC request.

Would almost guarantee they don't use a traditional fax machine at their end. The fax phone line would terminate into a fax server that would then forward the now digital (rather than analog phone signal) electronic document (PDF) via email to a "Fax-in box" for staff process.

Old is new again... In our business, we still deal with a number of clients who insist on using a fax and they send the fax from their PC without using a fax machine also..

I think it is funny they still use fax machines! Can't we just scan and email things now, take a pic with smartphones etc?

I've scanned and emailed mine for the last 2 years. Just send to my Princess Advisor and she sends to proper dept for crediting back to my cruise account. Works great!! Many printers will also scan.

Larry L

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it is funny they still use fax machines!

I suspect one of the reasons they eliminated e-mails for the CCL stock OBC requests is the danger of receiving attachments that might contain a computer virus.

I just called Princess for the third time and spoke with a nice lady who said the fax machine is now working, but she couldn't find the fax I sent on Tuesday, so she said she'd just give it to me anyway. She noticed that I'm elite and have several cruises booked so that might have helped. I just checked and the obc is showing on my personalizer. She did say that they had changed servers and had been having problems.

I suspect one of the reasons they eliminated e-mails for the CCL stock OBC requests is the danger of receiving attachments that might contain a computer virus.

They will still accept an email with attachment for our OBC credits obviously. It's just that most people don't do it and they probably don't encourage it as you noted.

But think how many times they email us booking/payment confirmation with attachments!

There are free services online to FAX about 3 pages. I have used 2 of them for years with no problem.

I am surprised that Princess actually uses a FAX "machine". They can easily use a computer to receive faxes and save all that paper.

I think they switched from email to FAX to stop fraud. If someone wanted to they could fake ownership with either method.

Edited by denmarks

They will still accept an email with attachment for our OBC credits obviously. It's just that most people don't do it and they probably don't encourage it as you noted.

But think how many times they email us booking/payment confirmation with attachments!

I just got off the phone with Princess and was told that email submissions are no longer valid.