Statendam delayed ???

c-legs

Hi,

She was due in Ketchikan this a.m. 11;00 Alaska time...

two hours later, she is still not in sight ?

Anybody heard anything on reasons for delay ?

Hopefully, not mechanical.

No actual known meteorological factor up that way....

C

Hi,

She was due in Ketchikan this a.m. 11;00 Alaska time...

two hours later, she is still not in sight ?

Anybody heard anything on reasons for delay ?

Hopefully, not mechanical.

No actual known meteorological factor up that way....

C

I went to one of my Internet sources, but do not know the accuracy of this:

Current position of M/S Statendam: Ketchikan (AK)/USA

• Time since arrival 2 hrs 2 min from Juneau (AK)/USA (at 11:00 h local time)
  • Time until departure 5 hrs 58 min to Inside Passage (scenic cruising)/Canada (at 19:00 h local time)
  • Traveled distance since Seward (AK): 1,021.83 nm (1,892.43 km)

http://http://www.sea scanner. com/ schiffsposition. php?schiff=Statendam (Remove spaces to see Link)

EDITED TO ADD: I just went and looked at all the web cams for Ketchikan and do not see her anywhere........ I think the above source is a bit innacurate. I'm going to try and locate her via Marinetraffic.com

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

NCL Pearl just pulled out and the tour buses that were lined up are still waiting. Bet they are waiting for Amsterdam and we will see her pull in to that same spot shortly.

Maybe someone on board will post about the delay.

looks like excellent weather there for a change - no rain!:p

NCL Pearl just pulled out and the tour buses that were lined up are still waiting. Bet they are waiting for Amsterdam and we will see her pull in to that same spot shortly.

Maybe someone on board will post about the delay.

looks like excellent weather there for a change - no rain!:p

The tour busses are lined up for CENTURY who is in the process of docking where NCL PEARL was ( standard op for fridays in Ketchikan). Amsterdam had left right on the advertised ( almost...) at 13;04Alaska Time.

Still no sighting of Statendam....

The tour busses are lined up for CENTURY who is in the process of docking where NCL PEARL was ( standard op for fridays in Ketchikan). Amsterdam had left right on the advertised ( almost...) at 13;04Alaska Time.

Still no sighting of Statendam....

I saw X pulling in just after I posted - and - I typed Amsterdam when I meant Statendam. Friday the 13th is getting to my thought process!

Looks like she is between Juneau and Ketchikan, according to Marine Traffic .com. Off of Coffman Cove and Thorn Bay.... Have no idea where they are, but that's what the map says...

Joanie

Hi, Joanie

If she's still around Coffman Cove....then she's at least 2 hours away from Ketchikan ...and would have exited Snow Pass about 1/2 hre ago.

That would perhaps lead the bridge officers to recommend scrubbing

Ketchikan altogether as she is due out of there at 19;00Alaska time...giving the guests a mere 3 hours on deck after authorities clear the ship for disembarkation....

And if the reason for the delay is mechanical, she might be sailing along at lower than ''normal '' speed, another reason to get her in Vancouver Sunday in good time....aided by bypassing Ketchikan altogether and putting time and safety on their side.

Keep well

Cheers

Hi, Joanie

If she's still around Coffman Cove....then she's at least 2 hours away from Ketchikan ...and would have exited Snow Pass about 1/2 hre ago.

That would perhaps lead the bridge officers to recommend scrubbing

Ketchikan altogether as she is due out of there at 19;00Alaska time...giving the guests a mere 3 hours on deck after authorities clear the ship for disembarkation....

And if the reason for the delay is mechanical, she might be sailing along at lower than ''normal '' speed, another reason to get her in Vancouver Sunday in good time....aided by bypassing Ketchikan altogether and putting time and safety on their side.

Keep well

Cheers

I agree she may be scrubbing the port due to time factor. I did see though that she was doing 20.4 kns at the time I posted her location earlier.

Curious to know now...

Joanie

She finally docked at 16;29 Alaska time.....and due out at 19;00hr...

If she's in good mechanical shape, she can leave as late as 21;00hrAlaska time and crawl into Vancouver on time....( Century normally leaves at 20;30AK )....as per Joanie's comments she was doing 20.4kn earlier, one

has to think her delay was not mechanically-triggered.....and if it was, it sure is fixed now !!!

Cheers

She finally docked at 16;29 Alaska time.....and due out at 19;00hr...

If she's in good mechanical shape, she can leave as late as 21;00hrAlaska time and crawl into Vancouver on time....( Century normally leaves at 20;30AK )....as per Joanie's comments she was doing 20.4kn earlier, one

has to think her delay was not mechanically-triggered.....and if it was, it sure is fixed now !!!

Cheers

Well ..... It's now 20;55AK and she's still docked, all lit up. So, my suggestion she'd hang around later than her original scheduled sail away turns out to be somewhat realized. Mind you, the dock ( off a webcam shot from another camera ) is totally deserted....I suppose all guests are back on board.. No smokestack action.....

Cheers

Hope we find out what happened.

That is sad that passengers arrived late -- I doubt if people got to do too much there.

Might as well have just skipped the port IMO. At least that way passengers would have gotten back the port taxes!

DaveOKC

Might as well have just skipped the port IMO. At least that way passengers would have gotten back the port taxes!

DaveOKC

I'll disagree here. It sounds like they got about 6 1/2 hours in Ketchikan, a lot can be done in that time. I'm not sure just what time it gets dark now, but it's probably pretty late.

Roy

I'll disagree here. It sounds like they got about 6 1/2 hours in Ketchikan, a lot can be done in that time. I'm not sure just what time it gets dark now, but it's probably pretty late.

Roy

For sure if they got 6.5 hours! The Westerdam is only scheduled for 6 on my upcoming cruise.