Online Check-In: Invalid birthday?

AntjeG

Does anybody have the same problem:

When trying to do the online check-in I got the message "invalid birth date". I checked my reservation confirmation and the birth date is given correct. So it can´t be a problem of my TA providing wrong personal data to Celebrity. Sent an email to Celebrity weeks ago and never even received an answer. Doesn´t seem to be a problem of only one day or so on their website as I have been trying to do the online check-in once a week for 2 months or so now.

Any ideas?

no: I gave the day in the box they wanted the day, the month in the box they wanted the month and the year in the box they wanted the year. There is no Chance to do it the other way as they offer a list 1-31 for the day, a list Jan-Dec for he month and a list 1900-2014 for the year.

When trying to do the online check-in I got the message "invalid birth date". I checked my reservation confirmation and the birth date is given correct. So it can´t be a problem of my TA providing wrong personal data to Celebrity. Sent an email to Celebrity weeks ago and never even received an answer. Doesn´t seem to be a problem of only one day or so on their website as I have been trying to do the online check-in once a week for 2 months or so now.

Any ideas?

Just click on the edit button for the birthdate and type it in as if it was an error. Works for us. :D

I had the same problem. I had to call X and have them correct it. Don't know why it was wrong. It wasn't becasue of not being entered in the correct format. It was becasue the one that they had saved was not the same as our correct one.

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Any ideas?

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. I resolved the problem by clicking back on the drop down menu and re-selecting the date.

Any ideas?

Its totally goofy, and took me a long time to figure out. But you have to post it like this..

Lets say your b-day is July 4 1999. You have to go 04jul1999

You need the 3 first letters of the birth month in the middle.

September 18 2000 is 18sep2000.

Once you do it that way, you'll be fine :-)

Its totally goofy, and took me a long time to figure out. But you have to post it like this..

Lets say your b-day is July 4 1999. You have to go 04jul1999

You need the 3 first letters of the birth month in the middle.

September 18 2000 is 18sep2000.

Once you do it that way, you'll be fine :-)

They're selecting the dates from drop down menus, so are unable to enter it manually.

They're selecting the dates from drop down menus, so are unable to enter it manually.

I had the same problem, put in the date from the drop down menu and it said invalid birthdate. I think what I did was take my cursor out of the box manually without using the tab and it worked. It did the same thing for both wife and I, it was really stupid because you couldn't enter manually, just use the drop down box which went of course from 1-31.

I had the same problem. I had to call X and have them correct it. Don't know why it was wrong. It wasn't becasue of not being entered in the correct format. It was becasue the one that they had saved was not the same as our correct one.

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We had to do the same thing a number of months ago, irritating.

Thanks everybody for your suggestions. Nothing really worked so I called Celebrity´s German Callcenter this morning. The lady there also doesn´t know why this happens to me. She was able to do the online Check-In for me but told me that when I look at it the website will still consider the birth date as invalid. I hope that when I go on board Celebrity really has the correct data as I´m not able to check this and must trust that she told me the truth.

Edited by AntjeG