$259 Freedom 12/21/14 cruise

If you don't mind my asking did you get your balcony discount on it? I am not pushing it and asking for it. Just wondering if anyone did get that as well.

It shows on mine that there was a $8 CAS rate applied. To get the balcony disc. They would have to remove that and then apply the discount. Too much risk for me to get the $125 emerald discount.

If you don't mind my asking did you get your balcony discount on it? I am not pushing it and asking for it. Just wondering if anyone did get that as well.

In a way I sort of got my C&A balcony discount.. it's only $14.00 pp, but that's the deduction that appears on my confirmation. :eek:

In a way I sort of got my C&A balcony discount.. it's only $14.00 pp, but that's the deduction that appears on my confirmation. :eek:

That is what I have on mine as well, but I thought that was a C and A savings, the thing that replaced the quarterly savings certificates

Edit Just checked another booking I have and the balcony discount is listed as CAS balc suite

Edited by molly361

That is what I have on mine as well, but I thought that was a C and A savings, the thing that replaced the quarterly savings certificates

Edit Just checked another booking I have and the balcony discount is listed as CAS balc suite

I agree, the $14 pp does not sound like a balcony discount. Also, aren't the balcony discounts still applied to one person?

I am so dissappointed! I thought it was a special fare that may go away at any minute so I posted right away! Very unusual for that site to be wrong! Would have loved a $369 promenade!

Lauri

are the initials of site that can't be named CF? I've set up alerts to specific cruise, usually after book. Is there a way to buy an "alert" to a crazy drop to spot this sort of thing?

are the initials of site that can't be named CF? I've set up alerts to specific cruise, usually after book. Is there a way to buy an "alert" to a crazy drop to spot this sort of thing?

I believe you have to pick a specific ship.

The monitoring sites didn't even catch this deal.

Hi All, I happened to be checking holiday cruises on the RCL site on Tuesday at 12pm, saw a balcony for just me with C&A discount of $2500:eek:. I paid less than $900 for my cabin. ;) I placed a hold on it and called my PVP on Weds and Weds before 1pm, she took my deposit payment with my discounted price. Now the price is back up to over $2500 so I guess I really lucked out. :D Woo Hoo!

Pricing mistakes do happen on occasion. Some on here may remember a mistake on the Freedom a few years back where the OS's were priced far less than the JS's. Once news of it hit these boards every OS on that sailing sold out in less than 15 minutes. And yes, I grabbed one.

Pricing mistakes do happen on occasion. Some on here may remember a mistake on the Freedom a few years back where the OS's were priced far less than the JS's. Once news of it hit these boards every OS on that sailing sold out in less than 15 minutes. And yes, I grabbed one.

And don't forget there was a coupon (useable at that time). Also throw in the balcony discount and Visa points. Don't remember the total cost for the week but I know it was not very much. Was on a b2b and got upgraded from a D2 to a GS the second week. Life was good those two weeks!

Edited by looking4info

That was SUITE!!!!:D

Yes. You can be alerted when the price drops to a certain dollar amount but that is not the best way to use the tool.

Hope that helps

Lauri

I'm so happy for all that got this great deal. I wish I had been online and could have gotten lucky too! I have a couple of balcony rooms reserved for Dec 14 on Freedom and I thought I had gotten a good deal but nothing like this. And my deal means 4 to a cabin which has me a little nervous. I got D1 balcony with 4 for 550.00 PP and that includes the tax and fees.

Dec 21 would have worked out even better because one of my sons cannot go on Dec 14 because he is still in school.

Congratulations :)