Sea Bass on the Menu

pris993

Wonder if Celebrity offers Sea Bass? We have not been on X for a few years. Love Sea Bass, wonder if anyone has had it recently? We will be on the Silhouette for 14 days in the Mediterranean.

They used to offer Australian Sea Bass which is not the same as Chilean sea bass but Barramundi, which is not to say it is not good. Can't remember if they've had it recently.

Mary Lou

Exactly, but slightly understated....

The "sea bass" on Celebrity menus is downright terrible -- the worst thing we have ever tried on Celebrity. Unlike Chilean Sea Bass that is thick, tasty, and firm, the stuff they serve on Celebrity is thin, mushy, very fishy, and nasty. We ordered it twice on our first cruise on Celebrity at two different specialty restaurants and haven't ordered it since.

Exactly, but slightly understated....

The "sea bass" on Celebrity menus is downright terrible -- the worst thing we have ever tried on Celebrity. Unlike Chilean Sea Bass that is thick, tasty, and firm, the stuff they serve on Celebrity is thin, mushy, very fishy, and nasty. We ordered it twice on our first cruise on Celebrity at two different specialty restaurants and haven't ordered it since.

True, I know we tried it once and once was enough but it was a long time ago. We have had well prepare Barramundi at a local restaurant so it is not always bad, just not what you might expect if ordering "Sea Bass".

Mary Lou

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

Recently on the Constellation, they had Mediterranean sea bass in Blu, MDR, and Tuscan Grill. I'd had it in MDR on Silhouette in December and didn't care for it. It was identical on the Connie. I was told Chilean sea bass from legal sources had become prohibitively expensive. Bummer.

Wonder if Celebrity offers Sea Bass? We have not been on X for a few years. Love Sea Bass, wonder if anyone has had it recently? We will be on the Silhouette for 14 days in the Mediterranean.

It was offered in Blu in December...it was not chilian sea bass.

You will be greatly disappointed. Totally changed from previous years. Tasteless rubber like lump. Order something else.:eek:

Book a restaurant for lunch in a good restaurant on a port day. No doubt CC members will identify an excellent fish restaurants to be found in a port of your request.;)

Most ports in the Mediterranean have great fish. The fish markets in Spain and Italy make what I see in markets on the west coast a joke. - I live near San Francisco.

When in port we always check out local fish markets... folks working there can easily point us in the right direction to have some great fish ashore.