Shower Curtains versus Glass Doors

cle-guy

Can someone tell me what cabins still have shower curtains?

Am I correct that ALL Solstice class ships have glass doors in all cabins?

Am I correct that on M-Class only Aqua and above have doors, but Concierge and below still have curtains?

What about Century?

Allright, so we've confirmed:

All S class have glass doors except the Celebrity suite due to its whirlpool tub.

M Class have Glass doors in Aqua and above

except Celebrity Suite also has curtain due to whirlpool tub,

and Concierge and below have a curtain.

Now does anyone know the details on Century...

All S class have glass doors except the Celebrity suite due to its whirlpool tub.

I can let you know after my cruise on her in December.:D

I was on Century in February. In my standard veranda cabin there was a shower curtain. Also the Sky Suite had a curtain because of the bathtub. I don't know about other cabins.

Carolyn

I was on Century in February. In my standard veranda cabin there was a shower curtain. Also the Sky Suite had a curtain because of the bathtub. I don't know about other cabins.

Carolyn

Cheers for that, we will be in a Century suite, so I would imagine curtains for us as well.:D

Okay, I just HAVE to ask. Why does it matter? Would anybody actually use the type of covering on the shower as a reason to book (or not book) a certain cruise ship?

Shower curtains sometimes stick to you. This is often caused by the ceiling fans that try to draw the air and moisture from the bathroom.

Since I only ever book cabins with 'curtains' we have found a solution. Just for the time you are in the shower. Take a single sheet of paper and lay it across the fan. This will not get sucked up into the fan but will decrease the suction enough that you can have a comfortable shower without the curtain trying to stick to you.

Okay, I just HAVE to ask. Why does it matter? Would anybody actually use the type of covering on the shower as a reason to book (or not book) a certain cruise ship?

Actually, yes. I will never sail the NCL Epic again because the toilet and shower have glass doors and are in the cabin! :eek: Therefore, if I needed to go to the bathroom, my wife sitting on the bed could see a silhouette of my on the toilet and hear every sound. In effect, no privacy whatsoever. Now, if the toilet and shower were inside of a proper bathroom, then it wouldn't matter but this is not the case on the NCL Epic.

Actually, yes. I will never sail the NCL Epic again because the toilet and shower have glass doors and are in the cabin! :eek: Therefore, if I needed to go to the bathroom, my wife sitting on the bed could see a silhouette of my on the toilet and hear every sound. In effect, no privacy whatsoever. Now, if the toilet and shower were inside of a proper bathroom, then it wouldn't matter but this is not the case on the NCL Epic.

REALLY????? Is that the way ALL of the cabins are on the Epic? Eww!

Yes, maybe not ship, but cabin on a ship. I'd prefer to upgrade to a higher category if it's available without a curtain.

I now seek hotels with showers rather than shower/tub combo's for example. I just really enjoy my shower time and like a nice roomy comfortable shower. :D

I also find shower curtains not held inside a high tub often make a huge mess on the floor as the water stream can push the curtain outside the lip of the shower letting water pool on the floor.

Edited by cle-guy

As far as I know for normal cabins, yes. Probably not for the suites. To give a mental picture of the layout, take a rectangular room. By the door, to the right put a small room that is the toilet (with glass). To the left, the shower (with glass). Then quite a bit of your small counter is taken by the sink. Not a good layout at all.

Edited by Out to sea!

Here's a Youtube video of the Epic bathroom configuration.

Looks like toilet room and shower have frosted glass, but there's also a curtain to pull across the entire "space" if you really want privacy. The shower is 5' or more across in width, quite roomy.

Uh, well, I can honestly say that I don't think that I've ever had a shower curtain sticking to my body. Not on a cruise, hotel room or home shower.

But thanks for the reply. . .

You obviously have not cruised with Princess! Or you are wafer thin?

Here's a Youtube video of the Epic bathroom configuration.

Looks like toilet room and shower have frosted glass, but there's also a curtain to pull across the entire "space" if you really want privacy. The shower is 5' or more across in width, quite roomy.

That curtain won't have much of an effect on unpleasant odors escaping from the toilet area into the sleeping areas ( :eek: ), steamy air from the shower when the door is opened, or the sounds of a person using the sink. And those thin glass panels certainly won't block out any noises from the toilet (who wants to hear THAT) and shower. This might be fine for a single, but certainly not for a couple. A lousy configuration.

Edited by boogs

Yes, the standard cabin showers on Princess are about the smallest out there...and that shower curtain feels like it is attacking you....funny, yes?? True, most definitely!!

So, I recall having a shower curtain on the Century a couple of months ago, however, the shower is decent sized so not as big of an issue as you would have with a teenie tiny shower. The shower was rectangular shaped and had a tile divider between the sink and shower on one end and the curtain for shower opening -- so once in the shower, curtain and a tile divider and the shower was about twice the size of the ones on some ships. That shower curtain did fly at me from time to time, though...so if that bothers you, you may want to see if there are other cabins without the curtain...but you could always step up really close to the shower head. We were in a CC veranda cabin on deck 9 if that makes a difference.

Yes, I have, and I WAS. :) over a decade ago.

As far as those NCL Epic bathrooms, well, we weren't entirely thrilled with NCL in the first place. This just adds one more reason to keep them near the bottom of our preferred cruise company list (just above RCCL)

Just don't like the idea of a toilet without a door and a fan.

Edited by jkgourmet

We were in a sky suite on Century last February, 2013, and there was a partial glass panel AND a shower curtain.