Alcohol Policy & Prices

B_K

Two Questions:

1. Basically all the cruise lines have the same policy re bringing liquor (not wine) on board - don't do it! However the level of enforcement varies e.g paranoid (NCL), more relaxed (Princess), etc. Where does Oceania fit in this spectrum?

2. Where on Oceania web site can I find a price list for an in-cabin bar set up that I can order ahead of time? (I am not yet booked...).

Thanks,

BK

Two Questions:

1. Basically all the cruise lines have the same policy re bringing liquor (not wine) on board - don't do it! However the level of enforcement varies e.g paranoid (NCL), more relaxed (Princess), etc. Where does Oceania fit in this spectrum?

2. Where on Oceania web site can I find a price list for an in-cabin bar set up that I can order ahead of time? (I am not yet booked...).

Thanks,

BK

1. Oceania does not have the same policy. They treat people like adults and you can bring on board what you want for in cabin consumption. If you bring wine, you can drink that outside the cabin after paying a $25 per bottle corkage charge. No reason to worry about enforcement unless you overdue things.

2. Don't believe an in-cabin bar set-up price list as the only place where you can get the cruise line to setup in your cabin is for the high priced suites (Owners, Vista, and Oceania on O Class ships) and almost forget,included in the price of your cruise. The closest to what you want would be bring your own for the cabin and purchase the Prestige package for $59 per day and all the booze except for a few like single malt, beer, and wind by the glass are included in unlimited amount. The price includes the 18% gratuity.

Edited by rallydave

We were told only three bottles of wine allowed to be brought onboard for in cabin use. There should not be a cottage fee for those bottles.

No corkage fees for in-cabin consumption; the fees apply if you choose to bring a bottle to dinner, for example.

We were told only three bottles of wine allowed to be brought onboard for in cabin use. There should not be a cottage fee for those bottles.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

The 3 bottle limit is there only to have a rule if needed for unruly people. Have heard of people bringing cases on board without issue. If you mean corkage not cottage, that is only for bottles you consume outside your

cabin.

So if we wanted to bring a bottle of bourbon or beer on, that would likely be okay?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

A bottle or 5 or a 12 pack are just fine as long as you consume all in your cabin. Mixers are no problem, just ask your butler or steward.

1. Oceania does not have the same policy. They treat people like adults and you can bring on board what you want for in cabin consumption.

I wish this were true, but Oceania says otherwise... see last line of response from their Special Services Dept:

Special Services Today at 11:33 AM

To

'brucekellogg1@yahoo.com' Special Services

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting the Special Services Department.

Please kindly see the below answer to your question regarding bringing alcohol on board the ship.

****Alcohol Policy

The sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages will be limited to guests aged 21 years or older. Oceania Cruises will refuse and prohibits the sale or service of alcoholic beverages to guests under the age of 21 years. Guests are kindly reminded to consume alcohol in moderation. Oceania Cruises reserves the right to prohibit and retain all alcohol bought ashore for consumption onboard the vessel. Beer and liquor cannot be brought on-board by guests.:

So if we wanted to bring a bottle of bourbon or beer on, that would likely be okay?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

No, see Oceania reply above.

1. Oceania does not have the same policy. They treat people like adults and you can bring on board what you want for in cabin consumption.

I wish this were true, but Oceania says otherwise... see last line of response from their Special Services Dept:

Special Services Today at 11:33 AM

To

'brucekellogg1@yahoo.com' Special Services

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting the Special Services Department.

Please kindly see the below answer to your question regarding bringing alcohol on board the ship.

****Alcohol Policy

The sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages will be limited to guests aged 21 years or older. Oceania Cruises will refuse and prohibits the sale or service of alcoholic beverages to guests under the age of 21 years. Guests are kindly reminded to consume alcohol in moderation. Oceania Cruises reserves the right to prohibit and retain all alcohol bought ashore for consumption onboard the vessel. Beer and liquor cannot be brought on-board by guests.:

Yes, that is their written policy and what you will get from the home office. You've seen posts from others confirming what I told you. Their exact words are they reserve the right to prohibit and retain all alcohol bought ashore. They have to say that in order to be able to prohibit people who overuse what they bring on board but, in the years I have been reading this board and am sure longer for others, none of us have heard of any alcohol being prohibited. Also have read many posts of people bringing more than one case of wine/beer/liquor on board.

Cannot guarantee Oceania won't confiscate what you buy but, extremely unlikely. Sure others will echo my thoughts.

Have a great cruise,

Yes, that is their written policy and what you will get from the home office. You've seen posts from others confirming what I told you. Their exact words are they reserve the right to prohibit and retain all alcohol bought ashore. They have to say that in order to be able to prohibit people who overuse what they bring on board but, in the years I have been reading this board and am sure longer for others, none of us have heard of any alcohol being prohibited. Also have read many posts of people bringing more than one case of wine/beer/liquor on board.

Cannot guarantee Oceania won't confiscate what you buy but, extremely unlikely. Sure others will echo my thoughts.

Have a great cruise,

Thanks Dave,

What I was hoping to find is someone that had brought liquor (not wine) on board in checked luggage and that Oceania didn't x-ray the luggage as NCL does and brought them to the "Naughty Room". What I'm hearing is I can do what I have done on other lines (except NCL) and be happy.... A cruise is not a cruise if you don't have happy hour on your verandah....

We have taken alcohol in our carry -on bag for use in our cabin

Oceania states "They RESERVE the right " not that WILL confiscate the alcohol on boarding

Big difference

Lyn

I have always been treated respectfully when bringing wine on-board for consumption in my cabin. I enjoyed a Cava tasting in Barcelona and returned with three bottles;)

On another cruise I brought 6 bottles on-board after a tasting in Provence. I believe that the respectful response to Oceania's generous carry-on alcohol policy requires the wine be consumed in my cabin, be brought home or pay a corkage fee for a sommelier to store and serve it in one of the dining venues.

What I was hoping to find is someone that had brought liquor (not wine) on board in checked luggage and that Oceania didn't x-ray the luggage as NCL does and brought them to the "Naughty Room". What I'm hearing is I can do what I have done on other lines (except NCL) and be happy.... A cruise is not a cruise if you don't have happy hour on your verandah....

Our friends last fall brought on a bunch of bottles of wine they'd purchased in Italy, and bottles of vodka and Cointreau. No problem at all. We didn't--we bought the prestige booze package, and that was plenty for us. In fact, our friends used little of their own liquor, and sent most of it home with us, since we weren't flying home at the end, just driving.

Thanks Dave,

The best advice I could give is to listen to the ones that have gone on Oceania multiple times. The answers you have been given here are correct.

As long as you don't flaunt it there is no problem. No problem at embarkation or picking up extra in ports and bringing it on then.

As far as I know there is no naughty room on Oceania, at least not for alcohol.

PS, they do have a good 2 for 1 happy hour every day on certain drinks that would help supplement your on board stocks.

Enjoy your cruise.

Our friends last fall brought on a bunch of bottles of wine they'd purchased in Italy, and bottles of vodka and Cointreau. No problem at all. We didn't--we bought the prestige booze package, and that was plenty for us. In fact, our friends used little of their own liquor, and sent most of it home with us, since we weren't flying home at the end, just driving.

The caveat is drinking in your cabin. It's nice to have friends, don't you think?

Edited by ChatKat in Ca.