Carnival stops going to Tortola

LuckyZ

<a href=010-6.jpg' alt='010-6.jpg'>I will miss Tortola. Been there twice and Cane Garden Bay was one of the nicest beaches we have been to....so quiet, beautiful water, great views....my happy place :) Edited by Ykgorbie
added picture

We LOVED Tortola, on the Breeze last year.

We took a private excursion over to Jost Van Dyke for the day.

It was a slice of heaven:D:D:D

The Soggy Dollar Bar was a BLAST, but watch those painkillers.:eek::eek:

Hopefully they'll get back there, soon.

I would like to do the Baths one day.

I was just looking for a cruise for next November and came across one with this port too. Mind you it was on NCL, but it was one of two ports they are going to I have not been to. What CCL loses, another line gains I guess.

Such a shame. We've been there twice before. First time we went to a beach on Tortola that was lovely and second time we had an awesome trip to Jost Van Dyke. We were hoping for another visit to go to the Baths.

Tortola was one of the reasons we booked the Liberty for 11-28-14 but they cancelled it and are going to San Juan instead. At least they didn't go to Nassau. That would just be another sea day so for us it was a win-win as we love sea days as much as the ports

Hey Carnival, do everyone a favor and keep Tortola and ditch Nassau! It's a dirty funky island that the only nice place is Atlantis, the Disney $$$ of the Caribbean! :rolleyes:

Better yet, ditch Nassau for St. Kitts, St. Lucia, St. Barts!

Hey Carnival, do everyone a favor and keep Tortola and ditch Nassau! It's a dirty funky island that the only nice place is Atlantis, the Disney $$$ of the Caribbean! :rolleyes:

Better yet, ditch Nassau for St. Kitts, St. Lucia, St. Barts!

It's not Carnival, NCL signed an exclusivity contract (along with Disney). We loved Tortola also. Exclusivity contracts are a terrible thing for the island and cruising in general.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Tortola was one of the reasons we booked the Liberty for 11-28-14 but they cancelled it and are going to San Juan instead. At least they didn't go to Nassau. That would just be another sea day so for us it was a win-win as we love sea days as much as the ports

We are booked on this cruise too and booked it because we have never been to Tortola.

BUT......while we were a bit disappointed it's all good because we are crusing and that's all that really matters to us....:D

The Baths in Virgin Gorda are amazing! :D. I would love to go back there.

I just looked at a few vids on getting there thru the rock formation. What a trip.

Looks pretty rough and tight at a few places just to reach the beach....

Is there treasure at the end of the rainbow?? drinks or snacks being sold? I did not see any on the few vids I watched.....