Wine gift for Diamond Plus

As we are now Diamond Plus, we are able to choose our gift for our cabin when we arrive. I chose a bottle of wine for both my Dh and myself on our profiles but only received one. I didn't say anything at the time but wondered if we should have received two bottles. We are both Diamond Plus.

Not a big deal but just curious. We will be flying for our next 3 cruises so the extra bottle will come in handy.:)

As we are now Diamond Plus, we are able to choose our gift for our cabin when we arrive. I chose a bottle of wine for both my Dh and myself on our profiles but only received one. I didn't say anything at the time but wondered if we should have received two bottles. We are both Diamond Plus.

Not a big deal but just curious. We will be flying for our next 3 cruises so the extra bottle will come in handy.:)

If you are linked with your husband and are in the same stateroom, then you only get one gift per "relationship". Doesn't seem quite right as you both paid for all those cruises to make D+, but that's the way it is. If you were in difference staterooms, then you would each get a gift.

Edited by clarea

If you are linked with your husband and are in the same stateroom, then you only get one gift per "relationship". Doesn't seem quite right as you both paid for all those cruises to make D+, but that's the way it is. If you were in difference staterooms, then you would each get a gift.

Bob do you know which gift you would get if Dan and I each picked a different gift? Just curious. Maybe it would be whomever is guest #1 on the booking?

We always pick the same so I have never tested it.:rolleyes:

Bob do you know which gift you would get if Dan and I each picked a different gift? Just curious. Maybe it would be whomever is guest #1 on the booking?

I am testing it this time. I asked for a towel, but since they often do not have towels, and substitute at their discretion, I had my husband request a bottle of white wine. Last time I requested a towel (husband booked in 2nd cabin) and I got a basket of fruit as my substitute :( I think they replaced it with wine when I asked the LA (although they didn't really want to).

I think they will look at the #1 person, and that is usually the male, from my experience. I have always booked the cruises but my husband always gets the emails :confused:

I believe you are correct, they choose the gift from guest #1.

I think they will look at the #1 person, and that is usually the male, from my experience. I have always booked the cruises but my husband always gets the emails :confused:

I know what you mean! I am still waiting for MY letter telling me that I am D+!

I am testing it this time. I asked for a towel, but since they often do not have towels, and substitute at their discretion, I had my husband request a bottle of white wine. Last time I requested a towel (husband booked in 2nd cabin) and I got a basket of fruit as my substitute :( I think they replaced it with wine when I asked the LA (although they didn't really want to).

I am female, I book the cruises and I am generally listed as guest one, IIRC. maybe if we are getting a senior discount based on DH's advanced age;), they may move him to number one...not sure. I get emails, too.

If you really want to be number one, get a open booking/next cruise certificate (or whatever they are calling them nowadays) in your name alone. Add hubby (or whomever) when you pick the sailing...you should then be number one.

I don't remember at what point you receive 2 gifts, but as your points go higher, you will get both gifts. I think that number is 340 points, but I could be wrong on that. When you reach 525 points you get yet another gift.

I am female, I book the cruises and I am generally listed as guest one, IIRC. maybe if we are getting a senior discount based on DH's advanced age;), they may move him to number one...not sure. I get emails, too.

If you really want to be number one, get a open booking/next cruise certificate (or whatever they are calling them nowadays) in your name alone. Add hubby (or whomever) when you pick the sailing...you should then be number one.

We'll see what gift we get on the next cruise. I always book myself as the first person and the emails still go to my husband.

We'll see what gift we get on the next cruise. I always book myself as the first person and the emails still go to my husband.

Keep us posted. I always book myself as guest #1 as well since I do all of that stuff. Perhaps next time I will test it as well and put in 2 different selections.

I don't remember at what point you receive 2 gifts, but as your points go higher, you will get both gifts. I think that number is 340 points, but I could be wrong on that. When you reach 525 points you get yet another gift.

I just looked it's 350.

But you still only get half the gifts as a linked couple. In other words, at 350 points, if the husband and wife were in separate staterooms they would each get 2 gifts, so a total of 4. In the same stateroom, they get a total of two gifts.

Just on a side note, you only get one welcome back gift basket (nuts/crackers etc depending on ship but generally pretty standard) per cabin BUT you get the two drinks with that as they are single serve drinks. To organize that you need to call the C&A number and you can select one single serve drink each and they will note the booking. They don't need to be the same either.

But to confirm the big bottle wine (extra gift) is only one per cabin.

...But to confirm the big bottle wine (extra gift) is only one per cabin.

I wanted to clarify that the gift is one per stateroom if the guests are linked. If the guests are not linked in C&A, then they would each get whatever gifts they are entitled to.

This thread caught my eye! On the past 3 cruises, my husband and I have not received the bottle that I had listed in my D+ preferences. I knew that we only received 1 per stateroom. For the last cruise, I double checked my preferences before we left. Well, we got another bottle of wine for the DR. We didn't go to the DR on that cruise. The last night, the DR manager chased us down and found us in Izumi to make sure we got our bottle of wine. After scratching my head, I decided to check husbands preferences. Yep!! He had a bottle of wine listed. This was from last year when we sailed in 2 staterooms with the kids.

I am always the 1st person on the reservations. I make them, check us in, etc. The only thing I can think of is that we have different last names??? Still don't know why they use his reservation for the booking?? I made sure I changed his preferences for our upcoming cruise!!!

This thread caught my eye! On the past 3 cruises, my husband and I have not received the bottle that I had listed in my D+ preferences. I knew that we only received 1 per stateroom. For the last cruise, I double checked my preferences before we left. Well, we got another bottle of wine for the DR. We didn't go to the DR on that cruise. The last night, the DR manager chased us down and found us in Izumi to make sure we got our bottle of wine. After scratching my head, I decided to check husbands preferences. Yep!! He had a bottle of wine listed. This was from last year when we sailed in 2 staterooms with the kids.

I am always the 1st person on the reservations. I make them, check us in, etc. The only thing I can think of is that we have different last names??? Still don't know why they use his reservation for the booking?? I made sure I changed his preferences for our upcoming cruise!!!

My husband and I have different last names and we get our wine. Did you have DR checked last time (dining room) instead of SR (stateroom delivery?)

My husband and I have different last names and we get our wine. Did you have DR checked last time (dining room) instead of SR (stateroom delivery?)

The DR was checked correctly for the previous cruise. What I don't understand is why they chose to use my DH preferences instead of mine? I have something different listed and that is what we preferred for the last cruise.

The DR was checked correctly for the previous cruise. What I don't understand is why they chose to use my DH preferences instead of mine? I have something different listed and that is what we preferred for the last cruise.

Who knows. It's always been a mystery as to how they choose the "primary" guest.

Edited by clarea

Sometimes if you ask for something that they don't have onboard they will substitute. I asked for a towel on one cruise and got a fruit basket.

• 4 weeks later...

ok here's what they told me:

I requested the towel, but even though I was the first name on the reservation, I am not the 'primary guest'. That is my husband. So I got the wine (husband's choice).

If I wanted, they could change it in their system so that I am the primary guest. But now that I know how they do it, I will just adjust our preferences accordingly.

Also, for some reason, they did not give me my single serve wine choices. Steward couldn't help. LA told me I requested water (no I didn't). Finally, someone at guest services sent me a bottle of wine because they didn't have the small ones. I almost ran out of time to drink it.

I got the welcome back basket with cookies and dried fruit. Is that the D+ one?

Edited by marci22

ok here's what they told me:

I requested the towel, but even though I was the first name on the reservation, I am not the 'primary guest'. That is my husband. So I got the wine (husband's choice).

If I wanted, they could change it in their system so that I am the primary guest. But now that I know how they do it, I will just adjust our preferences accordingly.

Also, for some reason, they did not give me my single serve wine choices. Steward couldn't help. LA told me I requested water (no I didn't). Finally, someone at guest services sent me a bottle of wine because they didn't have the small ones. I almost ran out of time to drink it.

I got the welcome back basket with cookies and dried fruit. Is that the D+ one?

We (D+) also get nuts, crackers, and a cheese spread. That was this past March, so maybe it's changed.