Honeymoon

cannockfrodo

Hello all, we're booked on the November Costa del Sol to Copacabana cruise.

We were advised to contact CS regarding it being our honeymoon when the website wouldn't let us insert our special occasion.

Firstly we were given the wrong number and when I did speak to a very courteous American he said it would be noted on our file.

Maybe harshly I was somewhat underwhelmed but such is life.

This weekend at a family do some cousins of mine told me they were doing a cruise with Norwegian for their anniversary.

They were given a card with $100 credit, decorate their cabin and supply a cake on the actual date.

So I'm even more underwhelmed with Azamara now and wondering if I'm being harsh and unrealistic ?

Maybe there'll be a surprise waiting for us, who knows ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

i am sorry noo ne answered you on here. When yuo get to your cabin about 1 pm the door should have something on it and the cabin should be done up. If not nicely tell your room steward about your honeymoon. the next time you see your cabin it will look done up. .amybe not the first night but the next day.

congrats and enjoy

We often take cruises/vacations to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries. Until recently, Azamara and other cruise lines have been excellent providing a treat for the celebration. Sometimes a cake, some bubbly, flowers, candy, or a complimentary visit to a specialty restaurant. Appreciated it very much. During the past 2 years, many cruise lines have cut back. We cruised last winter on Celebrity to celebrate my birthday. Notified the TA who assured us that the birthday was noted as a special event on our reservation. It was a 2 week cruise....and nothing happened. Told my TA when we got home. We were sailing with a couple who was celebrating their 50th anniversary......and nothing happened. In May, we sailed on Celebrity to celebrate my spouse's birthday. Again the TA told me it was noted. I also called the cruise line direct and was told that the birthday would be noted as a special event. Again nothing. Birthday came and went. A few nights before the end of the cruise, I contacted guest services who told me that they had not been informed of the birthday. I asked if they could provide a cake with a few candles. I figured better late than never. I was blown away when I was told that since they had not been informed before the cruise, nothing could be done. Really? How about a cupcake with a candle? Nothing. Contacted my TA after the cruise who told me that many lines have been cutting back. Celebrity cruises were both nice. Just a bit disappointed with the non celebration of our birthdays. This summer, we are sailing on the Journey celebrating our 45th anniversary. I booked direct with Azamara informing them of our event. I am hoping that they acknowledge the event. Regardless, we plan to celebrate.

We were on the Journey in April. We went to Prime C for our Anniversary Dinner. The stateroom attendants obviously saw the Anniversary Cards on the Bar when they did the turndown service and had a surprise for us on our return!

1794321699_Anniversarysurprise.jpg.d552cd9e1535afac02c291e40c4e2685.jpg

when i walk the halls on the ship i see birthday and anniversary signs on doors and i know from ship, also if i see a cabin door open you see the room done up too. plus almsot nightly primce C singing is going on for an event.

Fingers crossed then.

Although they'll have to go some to beat Viking when they helped us celebrate birthdays that were over a month before with a cake for each of us, birthdays only 3 days apart, a decorated cabin with a very generous sprinkling of boiled sweets.ImageUploadedByForums1403718355.084420.jpg.807c7824986a4e68aa980a795d4debe0.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1403718326.307941.jpg.cc0ccf44fd3851e1f05550cadb8f0c20.jpg

On a cruise booked on Quest for our wedding anniversary, as we were checking in we were congratulated by the Azamara person then again whilst arriving into Discoveries on our first night and then....singing by the waiters and a beautiful cake brought to our dinner table. It was then delivered to our cabin for us to enjoy.

The staff make you feel special all the time though!

totally agree with robin and others - we had 40th wedding anniversary and a birthday in the same cruise in feb/march this year - on both occasions we had the state room decorated with balloons banner etc and a nice card - then had a cake at dinner complete with singing waiters - robin can vouch for the fact we had one in prime c - she was there to help us celebrate xx

This is where a TA comes in handy because they make sure all these details are managed and recognized. Our travel agency also got us $500 on board credit. A seasoned TA knows how to navigate the waters where as us as our own agent can end up with a little bit of nothing.

Congratulations!

Er sorry to say that despite having honeymoon all over our booking from our TA - there was nothing special to celebrate the fact that we were on our honeymoon in our room or on board and someone in Azamara definitely knew it was our honeymoon as they were sharing info about it on my Twitter account and there were other honeymoon couples onboard too!

Everything we got a little extra we organised ourselves!!!

Our friends just went on a riverboat cruise. When they checked into a hotel in Amsterdam before the cruise, the desk clerk checked the passports. She noticed the birthday was on the day that they were checking out. She immediately upgraded them to a suite, sent champagne and a cake to their room, and gave them complimentary breakfasts for their stay. On the first night at dinner on the ship, the singing waiters brought a cake to the table. Since riverboat seating is completely open and random, they were quite surprised. The crew had matched the passport photo to the person. That was the icing on the cake. They were thrilled at the attention.

Well a week ago we had a disappointing response from CS so I replied telling them that.

Since then we've heard NOTHING even CCL gives better customer service than this.

Really not filling me with confidence.

Well a week ago we had a disappointing response from CS so I replied telling them that.

Since then we've heard NOTHING even CCL gives better customer service than this.

Really not filling me with confidence.

I am not sure what the ongoing issue is as, you have said that the 'very courteous American' had noted your honeymoon on your cruise record. However, as has been posted here before, the UK Managing Director has advised guests that they can email him directly for assistance when Guatemala has been unable to help.

His email address is rtwynam@azamaraclubcruises.com.

Other CC posters have reported that they had been assisted quickly by Mr Twynam and his team.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the email, dropped one off and got an immediate reply and a follow up phone call from one of his staff and it's being looked into.

Can't say fairer than that I reckon.