Carnival needs better Suite perks

rxnrn

I am wondering if anyone thinks the suite perks should be better for those who shell out the extra cash. For this last cruise we had the Captains Suite and spent $7500 total for the room not including what we spent on board. The only perk besides a great room was first on and off the ship. I mean there are people(interior) that would have to go on 7 cruises to spend what we did. Perks we have had on other lines that I think Carnival could handle include: first night steakhouse free, priority seating at anytime dining(no pagers), something simple as choc. strawberrys and flowers, full breakfast delivered to room(not continental). Don't flame me ,because I think Carnival has the best overall package going. They are making a larger profit on Suite guest because there is no way we are going to eat $7500 in food! Carnival, just throw me a bone:D

Why complain? You knew going in what you get for a suite. Personally, I would have gone with another line for that amount of money spent, and the better suite perks would have been given.

Edited by FireEater

That's why Carnival is the budget line. If you want a better suite experience you need to go somewhere else. I hear Princess has some nice suite perks. Why not give them a try?

Done Princess and you are correct. But I don't get the rationale of Carnival is a budget cruiseline. I mean a suite cost me about the same on Carnival as the one on Princess did. I had one of the two highest priced rooms on the ship. People with faster to the fun got to their room quicker than I did paying $50 more. If I fly first class on any airline(budget or not) I expect more than someone paying for economy. We are riding the same plane, but I get more room, more perks. You guys make it sound like Carnival is Motel 8 and every room is the same price and same amenities since it is a budget cruiseline.

Edited by rxnrn

A part of me is surprised that Carnival even has suites as it doesnt seem to fit with the lines personality and market.

I agree with others, I would have chosen a different line or gone on 7 Carnival cruises instead for the money.

I am wondering if anyone thinks the suite perks should be better for those who shell out the extra cash. For this last cruise we had the Captains Suite and spent $7500 total for the room not including what we spent on board. The only perk besides a great room was first on and off the ship. I mean there are people(interior) that would have to go on 7 cruises to spend what we did. Perks we have had on other lines that I think Carnival could handle include: first night steakhouse free, priority seating at anytime dining(no pagers), something simple as choc. strawberrys and flowers, full breakfast delivered to room(not continental). Don't flame me ,because I think Carnival has the best overall package going. They are making a larger profit on Suite guest because there is no way we are going to eat $7500 in food! Carnival, just throw me a bone:D

Carnival is a "user fee" cruise line.

There is no way I'd spend that much on a Carnival cabin. If I was going to spend that kind of money on a cruise, I'd pick a different cruise line that has butler and concierge service and dedicated restaurants. Carnival's business model is different from that though. It relies on user fees as opposed to building the cost of perks into fares. Simply pick the perks you want to pay for, such as faster to the fun, a beverage package, fun shop liquor or treats, or steakhouse reservations. Personally I don't want to see increased fares that everyone has to pay for privileges that are only available to a few. It isn't necessarily a good thing or a bad thing, it is just a matter of finding a cruise line that matches your preferences. Carnival is value focused. So if you want perks included, choose a line that offers what you want with the perks built into the fare.

If you are spending $7500, why not spring for an additional $49.95 to purchase the priority dining reservations that you prefer? I can understand your point of view though that for that price some perks should be included. Heck, you probably could have chartered your own boat for that price. You just have to understand that Carnival has a different business model where you have to pay user fees to purchase your perks. That helps hold fares down for everyone.

Why complain? You knew going in what you get for a suite. Personally, I would have gone with another line for that amount of money spent, and the better suite perks would have been given.

My thoughts exactly. We all know going in, even first time cruisers, what you get for your money. I have sailed other lines, in suites, and some of the perks are nice, i.e. the free dinner in a specialty restaurant, flowers, etc. BUT, I love doing a suite on Carnival, and for my money, Carnival cannot be beat. Yo u do pay a lot compared to the other cabins, but I enjoy what I get-the bigger room, the nicer bathroom, the location. If I am on a ship for more than five (5) days, I want to be comfortable. For me, it is worth it. And to sail other lines, I would shell out even more than the $7500.00 for a nice suite. JUST MHO. Maybe the revenue from the suite passengers helps keeps the pricing lower for the other cabins, so more people can chose to cruise and enjoy this style of vacation. What I like about Carnival, there really is something for everyone! All right, I am done, carry on.

A part of me is surprised that Carnival even has suites as it doesnt seem to fit with the lines personality and market.

I agree with others, I would have chosen a different line or gone on 7 Carnival cruises instead for the money.

Bingo, don't put a Ritz Carlton in St. Cloud, Florida. But if you do, it had better have the same perks as one in NYC.

I am in the CS on my next cruise, I have only sailed with Carnival so I have no idea what perks other lines have. There are probably quite a few things that could be done as perks for the suites that wouldn't cost the cruiseline any money, but I don't expect they will do anything prior to my next cruise. I do love the free laundry service for Plat members....that's something I use every cruise and would hate to not have it, saves me $45. every cruise.

I also book suites on Carnival for the extra room. I have a Grand Suite for our upcoming cruise and they called with an offer on the Captains Suite for only an additional 2K for a 5 day cruise. I personally don't care for the Captains Suites very much and prefer a Grand Suite. With this being said, we took a five day cruise of Celebrity and received many more perks in a Concierge Class Cabin than you will ever get on Carnival and at a much lower price. I've also noticed, as of late, the price for suites has increased a noticeable amount.

Why anybody spends $7500 on a Carnival cruise is completely beyond comprehension in my opinion.

If I'm spending that kind of money on a cruise, you can bet that I'd be on a more upscale cruise line, not only with better perks, but also one that provides a more polished experience.

As mentioned before, sailing on Carnival is a BUDGET experience, no matter how much money you spend. If you find yourself wanting things that Carnival doesn't provide, you're probably ready to move on to another cruise line.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

To each his own. I'm spending about 5k for my 15 day carnival cruise next year and I have ZERO issues doing so. Both of my previous cruises have been wonderful. And the staff have been excellent. I pay for what I am getting not for what I can get as an added perk. If the value is there I go for it.

Carnival Pride 7 day Mexican Riviera: September 2008

Carnival Inspiration 4 day Mexican Riviera: September 2013

Carnival Miracle 15 day Hawaii: coming October 2015

I've only stayed in a suite one time on a cruise and that's because it was a free upgrade. It will be a long time if ever that I can afford to shell out 7K or anything close to that for a suite anywhere - land or sea! But if I did, yes I would expect some extra perks. Other lines do it. I'm sure Carnival can come up with something as well. Carnival is less expensive in general, but as is pointed out OFTEN on this forum, they aren't always. They offer suites. Give the folks that buy them a few decent perks. Simple.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

It's Carnival, not Cunard, despite the latter being owned by them.

A top suite on Cunard might run an easy $50,000+ for 7 nights, and the cheapest around $14,000 (double occupancy). Manage your expectations. :D

Hi

Just my thought but if I were going to spend $7500 for one really nice cabin instead of 7 ordinary vacations, I would think that the extra money is only for that very special cabin.

Those little extra perks would cost very little in relation to your overall vacation budget so I would guess that Carnival would think they will sell you those products anyways. As a business this makes good sense. You make the evaluation if you are getting your money's worth by being a good consumer. Because of competition, Carnival keeps their prices low in all cabin classes.

Now it seems to me what you really want is some acknowledgement that since you are spending so much money you are a very special customer. If I was spending that much I would probably feel the same way. That being said, if Carnival hasn't lived up to your expectations in that regard, allow me as a shareholder to say that without special customers like you the rest of us may not be able to afford this kind of vacation experience. So from all of us THANK YOU!!

Happy cruising

Ps. My cruise ads up to $150.00 a day per person for a nice room with a balcony and all the food we can eat. Can you honestly say that's not worth it?

Why anybody spends $7500 on a Carnival cruise is completely beyond comprehension in my opinion.

If I'm spending that kind of money on a cruise, you can bet that I'd be on a more upscale cruise line, not only with better perks, but also one that provides a more polished experience.

As mentioned before, sailing on Carnival is a BUDGET experience, no matter how much money you spend. If you find yourself wanting more from your cruise, and have the means to do so,you're probably ready to move on to another cruise line.

You are soooooo right!

For $7500 I'd be in an Aqua balcony cabin on Celebrity, or something on Cunard.

I would never get more than an inside or maybe an outside, I wouldn't even bother with a balcony unless it was one heck of a deal!

So sorry if this offends anyone.

I think Carnival likes to operate like a classless society. The Walmart checker gets the same treatment as the Wall Street whoopdeedoo.

It's understood that whatever you pay for the room, it's only the room that's different. Everyone gets the same room service, MDR and chocolates and towel animals. Seems to have worked pretty well so far.

Jim

Ps. My cruise ads up to $150.00 a day per person for a nice room with a balcony and all the food we can eat. Can you honestly say that's not worth it?

On Carnival? $150pdpp is a ripoff IMHO. When I sail on Carnival, I consider $50-70pppd a justifiable amount. If it's more than that, I'm cruising on another cruise line.

Ahoy shipmate,

you asked an innocent question and seem to be catching a lot of flak for it. Generally speaking they are correct even if rather blunt in there remarks. In planning your next cruise i'm sure you won't make the same mistake......remember krystal doesn't serve filet mignon,

We are spending over $7000 for the two of us for our August Carnival 13 day PC cruise...but half of that is long haul flights.

It would have been nearer $9000 if we went with another line for PC.

That's 13 days + long haul flights, and what cabin type? That figure I can believe!

On Carnival? $150pdpp is a ripoff IMHO. When I sail on Carnival, I consider $50-70pppd a justifiable amount. If it's more than that, I'm cruising on another cruise line.

More power to you. $150.00 a day for room and food is cheap in my opinion. But then again I didn't ask you

Where are you booking these 50-70$ pppd cruises? I have never seen a cruise that cheap unless your jamming 5 ppl into a bottom floor interior and not paying gratuity during the middle of hurricane season. LOL

That's why Carnival is the budget line. If you want a better suite experience you need to go somewhere else. I hear Princess has some nice suite perks. Why not give them a try?

And also pay for it........

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Where are you booking these 50-70$ pppd cruises? I have never seen a cruise that cheap unless your jamming 5 ppl into a bottom floor interior and not paying gratuity during the middle of hurricane season. LOL

Lmao.

Awesome.