Carnival needs better Suite perks

rxnrn

That's 13 days + long haul flights, and what cabin type? That figure I can believe!

An inside French door cabin.

Flights are Open Jaw as well

UK - Tampa then Los Angeles - UK

I have a rule when booking a cruise that excluding travel to port cruises must be below £100 ($150) per person per day and our cruise comes in around £85 ( $127) per day so we are well under. :)

Edited by Velvetwater

I think Carnival likes to operate like a classless society. The Walmart checker gets the same treatment as the Wall Street whoopdeedoo.

It's understood that whatever you pay for the room, it's only the room that's different. Everyone gets the same room service, MDR and chocolates and towel animals. Seems to have worked pretty well so far.

Jim

I much prefer it the caste system that Royal and others use. There are enough things in this world that smell of the "I am better than you" syndrome. Roping off reserved areas and guaranteed this and that don't make for a better cruise IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I much prefer it the caste system that Royal and others use. There are enough things in this world that smell of the "I am better than you" syndrome. Roping off reserved areas and guaranteed this and that don't make for a better cruise IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Exactly.

Carnival Pride 7 day Mexican Riviera: September 2008

Carnival Inspiration 4 day Mexican Riviera: September 2013

Carnival Miracle 15 day Hawaii: coming October 2015

I'm just wondering where some of you would go vacation other than cruising where you're going to pay for a hotel, food and drinks (drinks that carnival includes) for less than $150.00 a day and provides all the activities that they also offer?

Where are you booking these 50-70$ pppd cruises? I have never seen a cruise that cheap unless you're jamming 5 ppl into a bottom floor interior and not paying gratuity during the middle of hurricane season. LOL

Not at all. Let's see. We sailed on the Fascination in December for $239pp, 5 nights for a 6D category. We sailed on the Dream in October for $449pp 7 nights for an 8B category. We've also done the Imagination out of Miami for $179pp, 4 nights for a PT category. And Liberty for $399pp, 7 nights over Thanksgiving for a 6B category. All either double or triple occupancy.

That's what I'm willing to pay for a Carnival cruise and in the most part, I have no problems finding sailings that meet those budget requirements.

Even after adding taxes and gratuities , my per diem still hovers in the $70's pppd.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

For what they charge for a suite you would think there would be a few perks besides square footage and priority boarding. We toyed with the idea of a suite for our last cruise but once we saw what you get for the price decided against it. At the least they could give double VIFP points the way some other lines do.

Where are you booking these 50-70$ pppd cruises? I have never seen a cruise that cheap unless your jamming 5 ppl into a bottom floor interior and not paying gratuity during the middle of hurricane season. LOL

There are quite a few under $400 per person ( 2 people per cabin ) inside cabin or outside porthole cabin, 7 day cruises before port charges. Typically around $500 per person for the wk. with taxes included.

There is a thread posted recently..." how much did you pay " that you should be able to find...might give you some ideas of prices available for different cabin classes. Of course some people get free or significantly discounted cruises, that's not the same.

Either way do some research to get the best value for your money and cabin class.

An have a great cruise

Are those prices AFTER gratuity, port fees and taxes? I can find prices like that all day long, but after adding up what the cruise actually costs PPPD, your price point isn't very easy to find, I am not saying it isn't possible.....there just aren't any being advertised on Carnival right now.

I think the person quoting $150 PPPD is quoting what the trip actually costs.

I see now that you did add in the extras and still hovering around $70 PPPD

Edited by Wilgr
Due to misreading reply.

You are right, suites should get more perks. I would be willing to pay a little more for a suite. And get some nicer perks. Right now it's a bigger room and bigger nicer bathroom. Some extra service would be nice.

There are quite a few under $400 per person ( 2 people per cabin ) inside cabin or outside porthole cabin, 7 day cruises before port charges. Typically around $500 per person for the wk. with taxes included.

There is a thread posted recently..." how much did you pay " that you should be able to find...might give you some ideas of prices available for different cabin classes. Of course some people get free or significantly discounted cruises, that's not the same.

Either way do some research to get the best value for your money and cabin class.

An have a great cruise

That is a fantastic price for a 7 day cruise.....I take advantage of those prices all the time.

More power to you. $150.00 a day for room and food is cheap in my opinion. But then again I didn't ask you

My apologies. My reading comprehension must be lacking today. But it did seem like a question on your previous post:

Can you honestly say that's not worth it?

:rolleyes:

Edited by Tapi

If you know what you are getting from the beginning and Don't like it why pay it? Doesn't make sense to me to pay something knowing what you are getting then complain about it after.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I am wondering if anyone thinks the suite perks should be better for those who shell out the extra cash. For this last cruise we had the Captains Suite and spent $7500 total for the room not including what we spent on board. The only perk besides a great room was first on and off the ship. I mean there are people(interior) that would have to go on 7 cruises to spend what we did. Perks we have had on other lines that I think Carnival could handle include: first night steakhouse free, priority seating at anytime dining(no pagers), something simple as choc. strawberrys and flowers, full breakfast delivered to room(not continental). Don't flame me ,because I think Carnival has the best overall package going. They are making a larger profit on Suite guest because there is no way we are going to eat $7500 in food! Carnival, just throw me a bone:D

Our first cruise was on HAL and we had a 550+ sf suite. I really enjoyed the perks, which were many. A year later we cruised on the Glory and I booked a suite. I had not investigated the Carnival suite perks, except that I knew we got priority boarding. Well, I was shocked when I got on board and found that the perks had ended. It was a nice cabin, but didn't compare to the one on the Zaandam. Since then we have booked much cheaper cabins in order to cruise more. In Dec we have a porthole cabin on the Fascination and are fine with it as we now get the same, or more, perks as those who book suites.

BTW: Carnival considers themselves a VALUE cruise line, not a BUDGET line.

On Carnival? $150pdpp is a ripoff IMHO. When I sail on Carnival, I consider $50-70pppd a justifiable amount. If it's more than that, I'm cruising on another cruise line.

But your not looking at the itin.

$150/pp/pd for a balcony isn't bad for RT Hawaii from Los Angeles, Long Beach or the other west coast ports no matter the line.

Princess does 14 day Hawaii cruises, Carnival does 15 days with an extra port.

Fares from the West Coast are generally higher than East Coast. It's extremely rare for us to see $149 + taxes + grats on the short cruises. (Inside Guarantee, four day)

We booked Hawaii a year ago and are paying around $114/pp/pd with grats for a 4K, before OBC. Fares never went down. 7A's were over $140/pp/pd with grats. Except for the odd cabin becoming available our October cruise is sold out.

For the same price I'll sail Carnival.

Princess cabins are puny and they don't do towel animals. ;)

FWIW we have sailed HAL in a Neptune suite and a suite on Princess. The perks are nice but don't make or break a cruise for us.

Edited by SadieN

But your not looking at the itin.

$150/pp/pd for a balcony isn't bad for RT Hawaii from Los Angeles.

You have a very valid point. Those itineraries will definitely command a higher price.

Princess cabins are puny and they don't do towel animals. ;)

Woah! No towel animals??? I may have to cancel my upcoming Princess cruise! :D

Edited by Tapi

What!! No towel animals on Princess??? Will definitely keep that in mind.

It is nice to have perks and extras, but the overall Carnival price helps ease the pain. We're getting ready to leave on a 7 day sailing on Fantasy in a GS. We're paying exactly half of what we paid for a GS on Allure last year. The only thing I might miss is the concierge lounge, but it's a different ship, different deal, and I am planning to have a great time with my family.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Forums mobile app

I am wondering if anyone thinks the suite perks should be better for those who shell out the extra cash. For this last cruise we had the Captains Suite and spent $7500 total for the room not including what we spent on board. The only perk besides a great room was first on and off the ship. I mean there are people(interior) that would have to go on 7 cruises to spend what we did. Perks we have had on other lines that I think Carnival could handle include: first night steakhouse free, priority seating at anytime dining(no pagers), something simple as choc. strawberrys and flowers, full breakfast delivered to room(not continental). Don't flame me ,because I think Carnival has the best overall package going. They are making a larger profit on Suite guest because there is no way we are going to eat $7500 in food! Carnival, just throw me a bone:D

Actually MORE than 7 cruises to spend the same.

That's a heckuva lot of money for a cruise booking. (For this frugal traveler.)

I always cruise interior and that allows me to book other vacations in addition to cruises. I spent 10 days in London last year and my round trip flight, beautiful Hyde Park hotel, 2 nights at the theatre, misc sightseeing, all meals ran me less than 3k. Trip of a lifetime. - so far.

I guess we all have different times, reasons, needs for vacations. If it works for you...go for it. But yeah, I'd think if other lines provide better packages, why not?

My apologies. My reading comprehension must be lacking today. But it did seem like a question on your previous post:

:rolleyes:

Tapi. Wow. Lol. I can admit a mistake when I make it. Originally meant to say but then again I didn't ask you "when booking".

Don't know what happened there. Apparently having fat Italian fingers and typing on your iphone when just waking up while waiting for your coffee to brew leads to mistakes.

My apologies.

A few days ago on JH face book was posted by him as a answer about perks "people don't cruise Carnival for perks" and a whole lot of people agreed . So I guess if you want perks go to another cruise line, carnival is not interested. Everybody knows its the worst program in the cruise lines, they are interested in the new cruiser. There 1 cruise Diamond program I bitch to every CD on every cruise, they really don't know what to say either. Your only Diamond for 1 cruise then you go back to Platinum perks and they call you Diamond. I hit em with you don't even call Diamond for embarkation first, to much trouble. I love it. In May on the Pride when we went for debarkation they called Diamond first, I almost had the big one. Next week I get another new CD to jump on.

To each his own. I'm spending about 5k for my 15 day carnival cruise next year and I have ZERO issues doing so. Both of my previous cruises have been wonderful. And the staff have been excellent. I pay for what I am getting not for what I can get as an added perk. If the value is there I go for it.

Thats fine. But you aren't complaining that you didnt get what you wanted.

True. And getting what you wanted and getting what you paid for are two completely different things.

I'm just wondering where some of you would go vacation other than cruising where you're going to pay for a hotel, food and drinks (drinks that carnival includes) for less than $150.00 a day and provides all the activities that they also offer?

We did an all inclusive in Mexico. It was $900 per person for 7 days, INCLUDING FLIGHTS, which is $128 each. That included alcoholic beverages, which Carnival does not. The food was very good, there were shows, and all kinds of stuff to do during the day.

We generally try to cruise for $100 pp/pd- but then we have to pay flights on top of that.

I can't imagine paying $7,500 to cruise on Carnival- was that just for 2 people on a 7 day cruise? Because our Xpedition cruise is costing us a little over $4000 per person (plus flights) and I just cannot see paying that for a typical Carnival cruise! Now if that was one of Carnival's 20 day around the horn cruises, the price would make more sense.

Personally, I don't care if Carnival gets better suite perks. If I want suite perks, I cruise another line: which Carnival Corporation offers many of!

Edited by skittl1321

We did an all inclusive in Mexico. It was $900 per person for 7 days, INCLUDING FLIGHTS, which is $128 each. That included alcoholic beverages, which Carnival does not. The food was very good, there were shows, and all kinds of stuff to do during the day.

!

That sounds amazing.

That sounds amazing.

It was pretty awesome.

It was at the Sabor in Cozumel, which is like the Holiday Inn Express of all-inclusives. Not a luxury experience. But everything we needed for a fabulous vacation.

Our Triumph cruise really sold us on Cozumel, and we did a land vacation last year and have another planned this year. This year we aren't doing AI though.

Edited by skittl1321

Well thanks for the info!! Always into trying some place new although I HATE flying. I do love being on the sea.