It's a Cruise Ship.......

sail7seas

The timing of your post is wonderful, Sail. Our TA roll call has become very much charged with a bunch of organized activities...it amazes me. It's a vacation...to me, that means sit back , relax and enjoy..smell the roses...and to not have to check the calendar to see where you're supposed to be next!

Thank you, Sail.

SAIL ... I personally LOVE your soapbox!! Thanks:)

I was just thinking last night ... what do I love most about sailing ... and besides all the obvious ones .............

A WHOLE WEEK WITHOUT HAVING TO CARRY A PURSE !!!!!

Just one of the little things ... but a joy none-the-less :D

Like you I found I enjoed not having to lug a purse round, so several years ago I decided to see if I could do that at home too. Now I have a large (about 2" x 3") change purse packed with 2 credit cards, driver's license, insurance card, money wrapped around the cards, a Burt's Bees lipstick ( for those not familiar these are very small in diameter), a small pen and a roll of Rolaids. I stuff this into my waistband and I'm good to go! Mary Jane

Sail, the fact that you are so relieved that you didn't get slammed illustrates just how touchy things have become/been for a year. The problem with LOL'ing and continually adding to a humorous thread is that eventually you will get the wind knocked out of you and then spend numerous posts clarifying what you said and apologizing. I think I've posted twice in six months (cue three people to go copy and paste to prove it was four times). It's just not fun.

Cruising, however? FUN. Always good. Can't wait. Bl:eek::eek:dy Carnival Fantasy and you would think it was the QM2. 39 long days and I will be off for 12 days at sea .

Thanks, Seago. I know what you mean. :)

Seems there is always 'one'. :D :rolleyes: Oh well !

I think the number of positive comments here indicate we all are tired of the negativity. Let's try to lighten it up a bit.

I doubt anyone of us will experience perfection and by all means say the things you think could be improved but find some nice and fun things to say as well. In the whole scheme, it simply feels better to smile than frown and most of us have enough pain from real life situations to cope with. Let's try and keep this at least a 'somewhat' happy place. No need always focus on what was wrong. Let's enjoy what was great.

I am very appreciative for the happy comments. They feel good. :)

Edited by sail7seas

I think there have been many positive threads and posts, they just don't generate pages and pages of responses. There are many threads of cruisers, new and experienced, asking questions that will make their cruise the vacation they are hoping for. There is nothing wrong with posting a negative thread, they often help others in their planning. And, as many of you have said before, if you don't like them it might be good to avoid them.

CC is a great source of information and entertaining reviews. I think posting the good and the not-so-good makes CC a balanced forum. JMO Cherie

Been 2 yrs w/o one due to buying a snowbird place in Fla and some other travel priorities, but have one booked for Dec w/ Ed & Carol and life is good again. And we will surely savor it for the good time it most usually is, rather than sweating the small stuff. Words to live by. *S*

Been 2 yrs w/o one due to buying a snowbird place in Fla and some other travel priorities, but have one booked for Dec w/ Ed & Carol and life is good again. And we will surely savor it for the good time it most usually is, rather than sweating the small stuff. Words to live by. *S*

Welcome Back. How come the new registration/added '2'?

Nice to 'see you'. :)

Sail, the fact that you are so relieved that you didn't get slammed illustrates just how touchy things have become/been for a year. The problem with LOL'ing and continually adding to a humorous thread is that eventually you will get the wind knocked out of you and then spend numerous posts clarifying what you said and apologizing. I think I've posted twice in six months (cue three people to go copy and paste to prove it was four times). It's just not fun.

Cruising, however? FUN. Always good. Can't wait. Bl:eek::eek:dy Carnival Fantasy and you would think it was the QM2. 39 long days and I will be off for 12 days at sea :).

Agree

There seem to be some that like to throw monkeys in the wrench and stir the pot so to speak. Not perfect, but I am trying to learn to ignore and not to take the bait.

The board is about cruising and helping others when we can.

One handed or two I will be on my cruise and very grateful for the experience:D

Dear Optimist, Pessimist, and Realist, While you guys were busy arguing about the glass of water, I drank it! Sincerely, The Opportunist

Is it true you knock but once?;)

Of course to keep things in perspective it WAS the OP that "led the charge" when it came to nearly demanding updates on the Westerdam and whether or not it had its sidebar, even if all of the exact same things were available through slightly different than "the norm" means. So long as the OP is also capable of taking their own advice, it's a point well made.

Just to point out I was actually "there" the day the Westerdam sidebar went away (March 2013). For those cruisers accustomed to traveling in a Neptune Suite it was a big deal. It was a "perk" that went away. Many, many of us were curious if it would ever return and be the same as HAL's other Neptune Lounges. May I ask how many Neptune Lounges you have experienced and on which HAL ships? To you it wasn't a "big deal." To some of us it was. Tolerance for our opinions, okay.

Edited by Linda&Vern

Have to agree with the sentiments.

Some people get a little too worked up. I think they take themselves too seriously or have an inflated view of themselves. After all, it is a vacation.

Live and let live. But most of all, have a great time.

Edited by iancal

Sail - lost my password and couldn't figure a way here to retrieve it, so just re-registered. Please accept our heart felt condolences on the loss of your husband.

Thank you, michmike.

Nice to see you back here.

How are the chickens? :D

Edited by sail7seas

We've always been glass-half-full people when it comes to cruising (Copper10-8, back away from the glass . . . ), even when our luggage was lost, not reaching us till the 3rd day onboard, and on the same cruise when there was water pouring out of the overhead light in our cabin.

I figure if you can't bring perfection to a cruise, don't expect it, and I've never been disappointed.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Gerry

Betty.......

You just took my breath away.

Edward Bennet Wiiiliams spoke at my DH's graduation and this was the Irish Blessing he included in his commencement address. My DH loved it so much he had printed, framed and it hung in his office from the day he opened it. I was looking at it this week and remembering when DH and I heard first heard it.

(we are not Irish. :) )

It is meaningful to me to read it here.

Oh My Sail...You brought tears to my eyes.. I know you also have tears.. We sold our home three years ago & had that Blessing framed by our front door. I still have a copy of it on my desk.

We're not Irish either.. DH & his Brother grew up in an Irish Neighborhood in NYC...Our beloved Sister-in-Law, who passed away last Sept, also loved that Blessing.. Her Husband, my DH's Brother, followed her a month ago.. They left 6 wonderful kids, 11 Grand-children & a few Great-Grandbabies.. I know they are watching over all of us..

Sending my prayers & warmest thoughts to you..

Betty

The original Sal Monella has passed on due to his skin drying out and cracking. Ed has a replacement, Sal Jr., but he's not as dapper as his predecessor. Kaye is still doing well and is warming to her new consort.

We'll be taking both of them (and a bag full of monkeys) on Westerdam w/ us in Dec.

We've always been glass-half-full people when it comes to cruising (Copper10-8, back away from the glass . . . .......................................

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Gerry

Backing way away Your Honor! :)

Just to point out I was actually "there" the day the Westerdam sidebar went away (March 2013). For those cruisers accustomed to traveling in a Neptune Suite it was a big deal. It was a "perk" that went away. Many, many of us were curious if it would ever return and be the same as HAL's other Neptune Lounges. May I ask how many Neptune Lounges you have experienced and on which HAL ships? To you it wasn't a "big deal." To some of us it was. Tolerance for our opinions, okay.

Er, but OP can dismiss other people's big deals, which may include, but are not limited to, "is the food hot enough? cold enough? did the stewards smile enough? did I wait too long for my drink? did someone have more mariner's stars than me? is someone in a better cabin? a worse cabin? was the tour exactly 4 hours or did it end at 3 hours and 50 minutes?"

We each have our "big deal." If yours is the sidebar in the Neptune Lounge on the Westerdam, that's cool. But don't belittle my "big deal" that I would like my food to be hot.