Quick-quick-quick help

You can find his name on the RCCL web site.

Maybe if you mention what kind of problem you are having with RCCL vs Stockholder OBC someone might be able to help you on this board. Just remember, you can't use stockholder OBC if you have used any other discounts - nothing is combinable with the stockholder's OBC.

Thanks golfpccc. It is complicated. I don't have any goodies from RCCL. It has been years since I sailed and could qualify for the OBC.

They always ask for same info: name/address/ship/booking#/stock confirmation. I have always sent a copy of the stock report from my broker. This time they would not accept it because it did not have name on it. I have had my broker send proof directly to them. They are sitting on their hands. I have had no communication for two days now and we sail on Friday.

I am frustrated because they said they wanted proof of ownership. What better proof than contact from my broker? I guess I am upset because I am finally in a situation where I qualify and can't get it. Oh well, I guess it is what it is. It would have been nice.:(

Don't give up yet... The stock has to be issued in your name... or someone traveling in your cabin. If you don't have stock certificates in your name (say you inherited them and have yet to actually transfer them in your name) or if you are sailing but the stocks are in your spouses name and they are not traveling, then you can't use the OBC. Now... if the stock is yours... and issued in your name... and you don't have a stock certificate... and your broker has sent them proof of ownership with the owner being the name of the person sailing... then call them and ask them for a status update. Likewise... if the stock is owned in trust... you won't be able to use the stock as it is not issued to an individual. I know it is complicated... but worth another phone call. I hope it works out for you! Enjoy your cruise.

When did you submit the paperwork? Stockholder OBC requests have to be submitted several weeks prior to your sail date to allow time to solve this type of problem.

"Provide your name, address, confirmation number, ship and sailing date along with a copy of your shareholder proxy card or a current brokerage statement showing proof of share ownership in Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd. All shareholder onboard credit requests must be received approximately 2 -3 weeks prior to sail date"

Edited by orville99

Should be as easy as sending a currently monthly/quarterly brokerage statement and highlighting the portion of your portfolio with the RCI stock and number of shares. Your brokerage statement would surely have your name on it.

Many people have on-line access and can download a PDF or something to email...

A broker emailing a stock report without your name on it could be from anyones portfolio, thus they want proof with your name.

It's the best, most recent info you can have.

Wow! Thanks for all the prompt answers and suggestions. I followed the link from La Ga Girl and wound up at the IR Dept. of RCCL. Carlos Moya answered the phone (I expected to get a lower level answerer). I explained to him what was happening. He sounded like he might give me the credit (I hope) and promised a phone call or an email tomorrow. At least I know now that someone is trying to help solve the problem.

Yay for RCCL! Never had to contact upper echelon before. Positive vibes from them.

Edited by Ships R Great

. How do I redeem this benefit?

Provide your name, address, confirmation number, ship and sailing date along with a copy of your shareholder proxy card or a current brokerage statement showing proof of share ownership in Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd. All shareholder onboard credit requests must be received approximately 2 -3 weeks prior to sail date. Via Mail: RCL Investor Benefit, PO Box 025511, Miami, Florida 33102-5511 Via Fax: 1-305-373-6699 Via Email: shareholderbenefit@rccl.com

Wow! Thanks for all the prompt answers and suggestions. I followed the link from La Ga Girl and wound up at the IR Dept. of RCCL. Carlos Moya answered the phone (I expected to get a lower level answerer). I explained to him what was happening. He sounded like he might give me the credit (I hope) and promised a phone call or an email tomorrow. At least I know now that someone is trying to help solve the problem.

Yay for RCCL! Never had to contact upper echelon before. Positive vibes from them.

I have workied with Carlos in the past and he is top notch. You are in good hands.

Thanks golfpccc. It is complicated. I don't have any goodies from RCCL. It has been years since I sailed and could qualify for the OBC.

They always ask for same info: name/address/ship/booking#/stock confirmation. I have always sent a copy of the stock report from my broker. This time they would not accept it because it did not have name on it. I have had my broker send proof directly to them. They are sitting on their hands. I have had no communication for two days now and we sail on Friday.

I am frustrated because they said they wanted proof of ownership. What better proof than contact from my broker? I guess I am upset because I am finally in a situation where I qualify and can't get it. Oh well, I guess it is what it is. It would have been nice.:(

They ask for 2-3 weeks to apply the OBC for a reason. It takes time to process when things aren't straight forward. You have posted on other threads that you only sent the information in a week ago and knew it was late. I hope you get your OBC but the fact is, there was a deadline that you didn't make.

Met a gentleman on our Navigator cruise in May who had followed all of the correct steps to receive his shareholder obc, but wasn't showing on his account.

He only discovered on the cruise he was not eligible due to some discount he had received via his TA. RCCL even let him contact his TA on their nickel. He was not a happy camper. He said it was a lesson learned. Don't think this was a TA he had previously used.

Too bad RCCL no longer allows the shareholder OBC to be combined with any other dicounts received.

Good luck to the OP to get this applied to his upcoming cruise.

Edited by denamo

They ask for 2-3 weeks to apply the OBC for a reason. It takes time to process when things aren't straight forward. You have posted on other threads that you only sent the information in a week ago and knew it was late. I hope you get your OBC but the fact is, there was a deadline that you didn't make.

You are so right. It was my fault for asking so late. But they came through for me when I asked the right person. That is a sign of top-notch service. RCCL and X are my choice lines because of that.

Got an email yesterday and today confirming OBC application.

Edited by Ships R Great

I have booked a cruise 5 days before sailing, immediately requested shareholder OBC and it was applied within 24 hrs. So there are exceptions to every rule.

Met a gentleman on our Navigator cruise in May who had followed all of the correct steps to receive his shareholder obc, but wasn't showing on his account.

He only discovered on the cruise he was not eligible due to some discount he had received via his TA. RCCL even let him contact his TA on their nickel. He was not a happy camper. He said it was a lesson learned. Don't think this was a TA he had previously used.

Too bad RCCL no longer allows the shareholder OBC to be combined with any other dicounts received.

Good luck to the OP to get this applied to his upcoming cruise.

Just thought that I should mention that it has been YEARS since you could combine shareholder's OBC with anything else.

:)