RCL transfers to New Orleans airport

Has anyone used the transfers to/from the port to the airport? Does it make multiple stops at hotels? I used a Carnival transfer that made stops, and would not use that service again. I realize that a taxi is faster, but do like the guarantee when booking with the cruiseline. Thanks!

Has anyone used the transfers to/from the port to the airport? Does it make multiple stops at hotels? I used a Carnival transfer that made stops, and would not use that service again. I realize that a taxi is faster, but do like the guarantee when booking with the cruiseline. Thanks!

I think most shuttles make multiple stops. OK if yours is the first stop but it bit slow if you are the last to get off. Taxi fare in New Orleans from the airport to the French Quarter or cruise terminal is only $33 for two passengers - set rate no meter.

It is a fairly long ride from the airport to the pier. There were five of us, so I looked for other options instead of the transfers and taxis. Surprisingly, the lowest cost option for us was to arrange for a stretch limo.

What a great way to start the trip. I didn't tell anyone in our group, and they were like kids in the candy store when they saw the driver with our name on his sign waiting for us at the airport. I highly recommend looking at this.

I realize that a taxi is faster, but do like the guarantee when booking with the cruiseline. Thanks!

Personally, we swore we would never use a ship's transfer again - way overpriced.

Why would a taxi not give you that same guarantee? Seriously asking. :) Cabs go where the money is and when you disembark, there will be cabs waiting to take you where you need to go, no worries. As stated, it is a flat rate for 2 people plus luggage; $40.00 including tip and we were at the airport, neat and sweet.

The rate for 3 or more passengers is $14.00 per person, if you have more than 2 people.

Thanks to all for the info.! A limo would certainly be fun, but unfortunately, I am a solo traveler, and that would be a little excessive! I guess a taxi is my best choice. I don't mind sharing a shuttle or something, just didn't want to stop at numerous hotels!

Thanks!

Oops . . . . do the New Orleans Shore excursion. They put your luggage in the bus. You do some touring & photo ops. It's not the most amazing excursion I've ever taken, but you and your luggage end up at the airport - after a little tour.

New Orleans City Tour With Airport Drop Off

NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA

DURATION: 3 HOURS

See the exciting city of New Orleans before heading home. Your bus tour takes you to the…

From*

$39USD Adult $36USD Child

Thanks to all for the info.! A limo would certainly be fun, but unfortunately, I am a solo traveler, and that would be a little excessive! I guess a taxi is my best choice. I don't mind sharing a shuttle or something, just didn't want to stop at numerous hotels!

Thanks!

For a solo traveler, a cab from the airport to downtown NOLA is very close to the same price as the Royal Caribbean transfer to the cruise port. It takes you directly to the cruise port.

Are you going to a hotel before you board the ship? I can provide more information if you are.

Disembarking, there will be multi-person shuttles available that will solicit your business back to the airport. They are about $12 to $15 per person, so you can save on the return. Look to your left as you traverse the long hall.

Thanks to all. Looks like a cab, and I'll try to meet someone on CC who's interested in sharing. Thanks for all the good ideas!

If you are going directly to the cruise port....then definitely find other that are sailing with you. If you find 2 others, then it will be $33 +$14 to get to the port.

Thanks, Coralc.

No, there is no hotel involved. But the shuttle sounds great back to the airport. Do you recommend any particular one?

I don't think they have names, they just try to round up business. :)

I rarely chime in.....but in New Orleans its just the best option to get one of the shuttles that are soliciting just outside by the railroad tracks.

They're cheap and leave as soom as they fill up (12-25 passengers).

They go fast because they can pick up at the airport and come back to the port and do another run. ;)

It is a fairly long ride from the airport to the pier. There were five of us, so I looked for other options instead of the transfers and taxis. Surprisingly, the lowest cost option for us was to arrange for a stretch limo.

What a great way to start the trip. I didn't tell anyone in our group, and they were like kids in the candy store when they saw the driver with our name on his sign waiting for us at the airport. I highly recommend looking at this.

Thanks! We're flying into the Big Easy next March. May I inquire the name of the limo service you used?

I found a number of liveries on line but thinking of using the Shuttle offered by GO Airport Shuttle. I found Airport Limousine from MSY and the rates seem reasonable but we would have three pax with six luggage and the website limited the stretch limousine to five luggage total. GO states that it allows up to three bags per pax.

Still would love to do a stretch if it could accommodate!

VR,

T Lex

Oops . . . . do the New Orleans Shore excursion. They put your luggage in the bus. You do some touring & photo ops. It's not the most amazing excursion I've ever taken, but you and your luggage end up at the airport - after a little tour.

New Orleans City Tour With Airport Drop Off

NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA

DURATION: 3 HOURS

See the exciting city of New Orleans before heading home. Your bus tour takes you to the…

From*

$39USD Adult $36USD Child

Does a similar tour happen in reverse on cruise start day?

Thanks! We're flying into the Big Easy next March. May I inquire the name of the limo service you used?

I found a number of liveries on line but thinking of using the Shuttle offered by GO Airport Shuttle. I found Airport Limousine from MSY and the rates seem reasonable but we would have three pax with six luggage and the website limited the stretch limousine to five luggage total. GO states that it allows up to three bags per pax.

Still would love to do a stretch if it could accommodate!

VR,

T Lex

We used extreme elegance. For the five of us, we had six suitcases and five carryon bags. Some of the luggage had to ride in the passenger area since the trunk is not big enough for that many.

They will also have beer, champagne, roses, etc. for an extra charge if you want it for the trip in. We paid 70 plus tip when we did the trip in early 2012.

• 6 months later...
Does a similar tour happen in reverse on cruise start day?

No, sorry it does not, but that is a nice idea.

I am wavering back and forth on the tour. My husband likes to go straight to the airport after walking off the plane having used luggage valet. We have $300 obc from RCCL and our travel agent, so I think I am going to force him to take the tour so we don't have to sit in the airport from about 10am to the 2:30 flight.

We recently cruised of Senerade of the Seas from NOLA. There were two of us, and we took a taxi from the airport to our hotel -- $33 plus tip for 2. (Maybe I was overly generous, but I gave $7 for the tip for a total of $40.)

Leaving the ship we used the RCI transfer -- $20 per person, again $40. Both were equally effective. If you have a really tight flight to make, use taxi. For a solo, the RCI transfer is the better deal.