Breakfast menu in MDR

kaztig79

like dinner in the MDR, there are some always available items and some different ones each day. And if all you want is an omelet or basic breakfast item, you can generally get it even if it is not on the menu. Although it takes longer to have breakfast there than in the buffet, it is a nice way to start the day.

One big benefit of breakfast in the MDR is that your food is not exposed to the perils of buffet dining, the sick or unhygienic passenger. If we see any signs if illness on board ship we stop eating in the buffet and only eat in the MDR.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Check the menu posted each day. They have special items that are different each day just like the dinner menus do. If you like omelets then ignore what is listed on the menu and ask for what you want on it. I usually ask for green peppers, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes and a combination of Swiss and cheddar cheeses. They will fix it how you want and in my opinion it is much better than the buffet omelets.

Also, if there is something that you want and don't see it on the menu, ask. They probably can get it for you if they have it on the ship.

Edited by ar1950

I'm normally have breakfast in the buffet, but thinking of going to MDR does anyone have a copy of the menu

We always have Breakfast in the MDR and like being waited on also I like and eggs for Breakfast and can order it

STUR Dayton, OHIO

NEXT Princess Cruise

January 8, 2016 Mexico

Also, if there is something that you want and don't see it on the menu, ask. They probably can get it for you if they have it on the ship.

Definitely...we had MDR Eggs benedict nearly every day. Excellent when compared to the buffet.

Breakfast foods, and hence, the menu, is pretty much the same anywhere! Eggs, all styles, breakfast meats, cereals (hot and cold) potatoes, tomatoes, pancakes, french toast, juices, fruits, breads, pastries....just like anyplace that serves breakfast!

I didn't see much of a difference in breakfast food being offered in the MDR and the buffet.

I guess you never had the coagulated Eggs Benedict or the sitting-under-a-heat-lamp-until-tough pancakes at the HC?

Breakfast foods, and hence, the menu, is pretty much the same anywhere! Eggs, all styles, breakfast meats, cereals (hot and cold) potatoes, tomatoes, pancakes, french toast, juices, fruits, breads, pastries....just like anyplace that serves breakfast!

Absolutely, a variation of these is what you're going to get.

LuLu

We had to "teach" the chef how to make Eggs Benedict on our cruise to Hawaii several months back. According to our server he was told that the sauce is made by whisking the mixture over ICE. Hence the unpleasant consistency, added to being under the salamander too long. We had a standing order every morning for Eggs Benedict and found out after five days that it was better to "deconstruct" the eggs rather than eat what we were presented with every morning. We ordered the EB every morning but we would also order extra crispy (as the originals never were) English muffins on the side, along with ham slices. This way we made our own EB by using the given egg (by this time they learned to bring the sauce on the side so that it was heated and not sitting congealing on the eggs) and the extra ham and English Muffin. But after eight days I was sick of having to do this so stopped ordering it and just enjoyed other types of eggs.

I love the mixed berries and the orange segments as starters for breakfast in the dining room. I mean, three kinds of berries and oranges someone else segmented is the best way to start the day. The other things I get I can get in the buffet but I can't get fruit like that. I also love sautéed spinach on the mornings the entree includes spinach because I'm weird that way.

There's also a nice selection of pastries at the International Café, along with a yogurt parfait that I like and the hot egg mcmuffin type sandwich.

There is no International cafe on the Ocean Princess. Just a little ship. The good coffee is available at the bar at the buffet, and the bar right outside the MDR.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I guess you never had the coagulated Eggs Benedict or the sitting-under-a-heat-lamp-until-tough pancakes at the HC?

Only if you choose to eat such items otherwise they're are plenty of freshly made omelets or fried eggs prepared to order. (and you don't have to wait 15 minutes for a waiter to bring them) ;)

Sitting down for breakfast for an hour in the DR may be some peoples idea of a relaxing meal to start the day which is fine if you don't have much planned for the morning but the selections of the buffet seem to be sufficient for most and defitnely much quicker.