Celebrity Silhouette 1/4/15 Cancelled Sailing

Hi all,

We are writing to provide you with important information regarding those booked on the January 4, 2015 sailing of Celebrity Silhouette.

In order to complete necessary maintenance on Celebrity Silhouette, Celebrity Cruises will take the ship out of service for one week on January 4, 2015. Due to this maintenance period, it is necessary to cancel your the sailing on January 4, 2015. This memo addresses compensation for clients booked on the impacted sailing.

As an alternative, guests (named and deposited bookings) may re-book on select Celebrity sailings, in like accommodations, at the protected/lowest available rate or any other Celebrity sailing at prevailing rate.

Select Celebrity Reflection Sailings

November 29, 2014 January 10, 2015

December 6, 2014 January 17, 2015

December 13, 2014 January 24, 2015

January 3, 2015

Select Celebrity Silhouette Sailings

November 30, 2014 January 18, 2015

December 7, 2014 January 25, 2015

December 14, 2014

January 11, 2015

Guests who choose the rebooking option will receive $200 per stateroom onboard credit for interior, oceanview and balcony staterooms, or a $400 onboard credit per stateroom for suites.

For named and deposited bookings, travel agency’s commission will be protected when re-booking any Celebrity sailing in like accommodations. A $50 rebooking bonus commission per named and deposited stateroom will be offered to Travel Partners when guests rebook one of the select sailings listed above in like accommodations. Travel Agency’s commission will not be protected on cancelled bookings.

Guests who incur a fee due to the change in their airline reservations will be reimbursed up to $200 per person for Domestic Flights and up to $300 per person for International Flights. A faxed copy of air change fees accessed must be provided for reimbursement.

Guests on the cancelled January 4, 2015 Celebrity Silhouette sailing will receive a full refund of their cruise fare paid if they choose to not rebook an alternative Celebrity Cruise. Cruise fare refunds will be automatically processed back to the original form of payment. Please allow two to three weeks for all transactions to be processed.

A special help desk has been established to assist you with moving your clients. The desk opened on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 and will remain open until Tuesday, July 29, 2014.

For Individual Reservations: 1-888-281-9343 ext. 48846

For Group Reservations: 1-888-281-9343 ext. 48923

For Consumer Outreach: 1-866-521-7245 ext. 18881

We sincerely regret that we will be unable to deliver that particular Celebrity Silhouette sailing, but hope you will rebook on one of the alternative sailings we have provided. We understand that our guest’s vacation time is very precious and can assure you that we did not take this decision lightly. As always, we thank you for your ongoing support of Celebrity Cruises.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

Thanks X for getting this info out in a timely manner. This puts an end to rumors and speculation.

Ken / Fort Lauderdale

Upcoming Cruises:

Celebrity Silhouette Transatlantic Nov 1, 2014

Allure of the Seas Transatlantic Oct 25, 2015

This was to be my first cruise on Celebrity. Kind of disappointing, but there's much worse things than having to change vacation plans. Thank you for keeping us updated, Cruise Critic. (It's not like Celebrity has made an effort to contact me. :( )

This was to be my first cruise on Celebrity. Kind of disappointing, but there's much worse things than having to change vacation plans. Thank you for keeping us updated, Cruise Critic. (It's not like Celebrity has made an effort to contact me. :( )

This thread was started by Celebrity cruises, decision was just made, give them a chance.

This thread was started by Celebrity cruises, decision was just made, give them a chance.

Thanks, I clued in after I posted. Guess I was blinded by disappointment. Of course, it's important for the propulsion issues to be addressed and I would probably be more anxious if I was on a cruise before dry dock. If another Celebrity cruise works for both itinerary and time, I will probably book. Just not meant to be this time around.

Thanks, I clued in after I posted. Guess I was blinded by disappointment. Of course, it's important for the propulsion issues to be addressed and I would probably be more anxious if I was on a cruise before dry dock. If another Celebrity cruise works for both itinerary and time, I will probably book. Just not meant to be this time around.

Good luck....

Gastrobar!! PLEASE!!! My Fiance and I are having our wedding on the Silhouette on the March 22nd 2015 sailing. That would be a wonderful wedding present! Just makes sense to work on it while its in dry dock. lol. Just saying..

...Guests who incur a fee due to the change in their airline reservations will be reimbursed up to $200 per person for Domestic Flights and up to $300 per person for International Flights. A faxed copy of air change fees accessed must be provided for reimbursement.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

Dear Celebrity Cruises,

I am on the 1 November 2014 transatlantic cruise on the Silhouette. My flight home on the 16th of November. I have never missed a flight when docking the same day, as I always book a flight after 11:30am.

If the ship arrives lates to Port Everglades due to the propulsion problem, will Celebrity reimburse me for having to change my airline tickets?

Thank you,

Monica

Dear Celebrity Cruises,

I am on the 1 November 2014 transatlantic cruise on the Silhouette. My flight home on the 16th of November. I have never missed a flight when docking the same day, as I always book a flight after 11:30am.

If the ship arrives lates to Port Everglades due to the propulsion problem, will Celebrity reimburse me for having to change my airline tickets?

Thank you,

Monica

I believe cruise insurance would cover that, but I'm not 100% sure.

Dear Celebrity Cruises,

Thank you,

Monica

Cruise insurance would cover that. Among many other things.

Update: This dry dock will only be addressing the propulsion system.

While I am certainly glad this is being addressed, I'm wondering why it's being put off until January. :confused:

That's nearly 6 months of potential problems for thousands of passengers. Problems that may not need to occur.

Thankfully Celebrity is up front about the situation and the passengers aren't being left in the dark.

Gastrobar!! PLEASE!!! My Fiance and I are having our wedding on the Silhouette on the March 22nd 2015 sailing. That would be a wonderful wedding present! Just makes sense to work on it while its in dry dock. lol. Just saying..

Update: This dry dock will only be addressing the propulsion system.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. However, it looks like the Gastrobar will not be one of your presents. ;)