Diamond Drink Vouchers - Explorer

Hi

I just got off Explorer of the Seas, 5 night to Bermuda, July 12 - July 17.

In my cabin there was a little card that explained the Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Drink voucher.

I can't figure out how to put a picture of it on here so I'll do it the old fashioned way and type it out.

Front Side of the Card:

Welcome aboard the magnificent Explorer of the Seas. We look forward to providing you with a memorable cruise vacation. We are excited to introduce an additional option for you during this cruise: a nightly happy hour from 5:00- 8:30pm to be enjoyed at almost every venue throughout the ship with your friends! *

How?

Drink vouchers have been pre-loaded onto your SeaPass card to enable you to enjoy the flexibility of up to three complimentary beverages each night at almost every bar throughout the ship. You can still enjoy the exclusive experience of the Diamond Lounge and the Concierge Lounge (for Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members), plus all of the other options available to you!

* 3 drink vouchers per day will be applied to each eligible Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members corresponding SeaPass card. Drink vouchers are not accumulative throughout the cruise. Drinks may not be redeemed in the dining room, specialty restaurants or Windjammer Café. Pleaser refer to the Crown and Anchor menu provided at the applicable venues for available selections.

Back of Card:

Cruising with Royal Caribbean International is truly a rewarding experience, especially when you're a top member of our Crown & Anchor Society

Spirits

Bacardi Rum

Bailey's Irish Cream

Tanqueray Gin

Finlandia Vodka

Dewar's White Label Scotch Whisky

Jameson Irish Whiskey

Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey

Jose Cuervo Told Tequila

Courvoisier VS Cognac

Sandeman Port Wine

Wine by the Glass

St Martin Chardonnay

Zonin Pinot Grigio

Beringer White Zinfandel

St Martin Cabernet Sauvignon

St Martin Merlot

Beers

Budweiser

Miller Lite

Amstel Light

Corona

Heineken

Hope you find this useful

Noreen

Drink vouchers have been pre-loaded onto your SeaPass card to enable you to enjoy the flexibility of up to three complimentary beverages each night at almost every bar throughout the ship. You can still enjoy the exclusive experience of the Diamond Lounge and the Concierge Lounge (for Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members), plus all of the other options available to you!

Where is the Diamond Lounge on the Explorer???

Where is the Diamond Lounge on the Explorer???

Hi.

It's not a dedicated lounge like they have on some of the newer ships, but they will designate a certain bar (maybe Dizzy's) for the nightly Diamond Event (kind of like a Diamond Lounge)

Thank you

Noreen

Guest maddycat
Hi

In my cabin there was a little card that explained the Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Drink voucher.

I can't figure out how to put a picture of it on here so I'll do it the old fashioned way and type it out.

Front Side of the Card:

Welcome aboard the magnificent Explorer of the Seas. We look forward to providing you with a memorable cruise vacation. We are excited to introduce an additional option for you during this cruise: a nightly happy hour from 5:00- 8:30pm to be enjoyed at almost every venue throughout the ship with your friends! *

How?

* 3 drink vouchers per day will be applied to each eligible Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members corresponding SeaPass card. Drink vouchers are not accumulative throughout the cruise. Drinks may not be redeemed in the dining room, specialty restaurants or Windjammer Café. Pleaser refer to the Crown and Anchor menu provided at the applicable venues for available selections.

Back of Card:

Cruising with Royal Caribbean International is truly a rewarding experience, especially when you're a top member of our Crown & Anchor Society

Spirits

Bacardi Rum

Bailey's Irish Cream

Tanqueray Gin

Finlandia Vodka

Jameson Irish Whiskey

Jose Cuervo Told Tequila

Courvoisier VS Cognac

Sandeman Port Wine

Wine by the Glass

St Martin Chardonnay

Zonin Pinot Grigio

Beringer White Zinfandel

St Martin Merlot

Beers

Budweiser

Miller Lite

Amstel Light

Corona

Heineken

Noreen

Thanks for posting.

Hi

Front Side of the Card:

How?

Back of Card:

Spirits

Bacardi Rum

Bailey's Irish Cream

Tanqueray Gin

Finlandia Vodka

Jameson Irish Whiskey

Jose Cuervo Told Tequila

Courvoisier VS Cognac

Sandeman Port Wine

Wine by the Glass

St Martin Chardonnay

Zonin Pinot Grigio

Beringer White Zinfandel

St Martin Merlot

Beers

Budweiser

Miller Lite

Amstel Light

Corona

Heineken

Noreen

Thanks for posting. We will be sailing on EX out of Port C for the ABC islands.

I don't see a champagne on the list. Did the bars allow the House champagne as an option? I do like the Pinot Grigio. This looks like the first list of Voucher drinks -- the second one had the house champagne but not the Pinot Grigio.

Thanks for posting. We will be sailing on EX out of Port C for the ABC islands.

I don't see a champagne on the list. Did the bars allow the House champagne as an option? I do like the Pinot Grigio. This looks like the first list of Voucher drinks -- the second one had the house champagne but not the Pinot Grigio.

House champagne (or sparking wine) will likely be an option.

Is soda included in that? I didn't see it on the list. Also, can you get it in the theater before a show?

Gwen :)

Soda has always been included in the CL/DL, so I assume the vouchers will cover it too. Theater is included with the drink vouchers. Just no restaurants.

Noreen411: Do you know if at the Diamond event on your Explorer cruise if you were able to get the same drinks as in the Concierge lounge...In the past, ships without a dedicated diamond lounge only had wine, champagne, soda. I know your card will have the three drinks but what is served at the Diamond event..thanks

Soda has always been included in the CL/DL, so I assume the vouchers will cover it too. Theater is included with the drink vouchers. Just no restaurants.

Thanks. I know I can get soda now in the CL and DL, but at one time I couldn't. Several years ago on the Enchantment, soda was not included. I had to pay for it. It has since changed. That is all I drink, so glad that has changed.

Hi Jamon

I am sorry I can't answer.

I didn't take much advantage of the vouchers during this trip. I only used one voucher one night. We were at crown and kettle and just asked for something light and fruity. She brought me vodka with cranberry and maybe pineapple juice.

Thank you

Noreen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I know I can get soda now in the CL and DL, but at one time I couldn't. Several years ago on the Enchantment, soda was not included. I had to pay for it. It has since changed. That is all I drink, so glad that has changed.

That's odd, must have been something specific to EN. Even the nightly Diamond events had soda.

That's odd, must have been something specific to EN. Even the nightly Diamond events had soda.

I know. I couldn't understand it either. And now that I think about it, it was like that on the Explorer too. Because if I wanted something to drink I had to drink wine or champagne, which I do not care for. Of course water was free. It was years ago when we first became Diamond back in 2010. Had to look up the date we became D.:p

I've been diamond for many years and have never gone to DL during happy hour. I drink rarely but on a cruise I have one Bacardi or some other blended drink each day. Would I be able to ask server for one blended drink and they take 3 vouchers for it?

I've been diamond for many years and have never gone to DL during happy hour. I drink rarely but on a cruise I have one Bacardi or some other blended drink each day. Would I be able to ask server for one blended drink and they take 3 vouchers for it?

Vouchers have not been in practice long enough to have many reports. Please let us know if that works for you.

I believe when they first started the Diamond event(2009 I think) it was only Wine or Beer, no soft drinks. Edited by FLACRUISER99

I believe when they first started the Diamond event it was only Wine or Beer, no soft drinks.

Yes, I do remember that, but it was not long before they added soda. Soda probably cost them more than La Terre did.:rolleyes:

Noreen411: Do you know if at the Diamond event on your Explorer cruise if you were able to get the same drinks as in the Concierge lounge...In the past, ships without a dedicated diamond lounge only had wine, champagne, soda. I know your card will have the three drinks but what is served at the Diamond event..thanks

We were able to get a simple mixed drink at the Diamond Event in Seven of Hearts. We used our vouchers. I don't think they would limit you to wine and champagne as you could go to any bar with your voucher and get a mixed drink. However, I am not sure what you would get if you used up your 3 vouchers. Maybe then, you would be limited at the D event. I don't know for sure.

imo the CL was more lenient in what you could get, I'm sure because suites were being served in there. For ex I could get a cosmo in the CL but I'm not sure you could get that at the D event. I didn't ask so I don't know for sure.

Edited by marci22