Diamond Drink Vouchers - Explorer

do you use vouchers in the DL as well?

No, there's no need for vouchers in the DL, you can get as many drinks there as you want. You only use the vouchers outside the DL.

Is soda included in that? I didn't see it on the list. Also, can you get it in the theater before a show?

Gwen :)

I emailed them in regards to this and this was my email reply today:

Thank you for your email. Please accept our apologies for the extended delay in our response. More customers than ever before are choosing the convenience of email as their primary mode of communication. As a result, the turnaround time for responses has increased. Acknowledging that this delay is unacceptable regardless of cause, we hope you will accept our regrets, and believe that this is not indicative of our normal operations. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

The nightly drink vouchers you will receive may only be used for alcoholic drinks from a specific menu that will be available at most bars and lounges. Coke products will be not available for the drink vouchers.

The instant you step aboard the Explorer of the Seas you will feel the energy and excitement that will accompany you throughout your cruise vacation. Climb the Rock Climbing Wall overlooking the ocean, challenge new friends to a game on the basketball court, or try both ice-skating and inline skating at the two different tracks onboard. You will have plenty of opportunities to relax onboard as well. Whether you want to lounge in the sun by the pool, sip a cappuccino at Café Promenade, or pamper yourself at the Vitality Spa, there are virtually limitless options to help you forget the outside world as you feel your stress just melt away. Your time onboard the Explorer of the Seas will truly be an unforgettable event.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for being a loyal guest and welcome you back to Royal Caribbean International. As a Diamond member of our Crown & Anchor Society, you receive exclusive access to the Diamond Lounge or Nightly Diamond Events onboard, a Welcome Gift/Amenity including your choice of beverage, a private departure lounge with continental breakfast, and more. Visit http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do for a full list of your benefits.

Thank you for the info. Surprises me in a way. You would think soda is less expensive than alcohol. :rolleyes: Oh well. Maybe I will just bring some of my own along. I did it before without a problem. If it is a problem this time, so be it.

The only reason I asked is because I will not be going to the CL or DL/event on my next cruise. We will have my granddaughter along and will be spending time with her. She is not D or D+, so won't be allowed at either venue.

And before anyone says anything.....I was not going to share with my granddaughter. She drinks iced tea and water.;)

Gwen :)

... Coke products will be not available for the drink vouchers ...

Disappointed to hear this. I believe this is the first item I've noticed that is available in the lounges that is not available via the vouchers.

I emailed them in regards to this and this was my email reply today:

So funny; I have seen that entire e-mail before, word-for-word except for the third paragraph (the two sentences pertaining to the issue which you asked about). Also sorry to hear soda will not be honored as I do not drink. Ah well. :)

Noreen, thanks for posting this was extremely helpful. We are sailing on EOS July 31st. It's nice to have an alternative to going to the Concierge for happy hour. Especially at the times when it becomes very crowded. Happy Cruising!

Guest maddycat
The nightly drink vouchers you will receive may only be used for alcoholic drinks from a specific menu that will be available at most bars and lounges. Coke products will be not available for the drink vouchers.

That doesn't make any sense. Soda is much less expensive than alcoholic drinks/wine/beer. But then again, it never made any sense that beer wasn't server in the Diamond Event. I've often remarked on that on the survey at the end of a cruise (my husband would rather have a beer than a glass of wine). You could buy a beer any where on an RCI ship for less than the cost of a glass of wine.

I would ask for a rum and coke, but in separate glasses. Then throw the rum away, or give it to your date.

I would ask for a rum and coke, but in separate glasses. Then throw the rum away, or give it to your date.

They would probably charge you two vouchers for the two glasses.:rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

I'll be Diamond next year I think. If and when Diamonds are not allowed in the DL what would bother me most is not having access to the coffee machine. Right now I do the GS but was hoping one day to do a balcony and still have access to the coffee machine many times a day like I do now.

• 1 month later...
Question. I am sailing with a newbie cruiser in my cabin. She is obviously not a Diamond Member but I am. Does the vouchers for 3 drinks only appear on my stateroom card or do both of us get 3 vouchers?

The vouchers are given only to guests who have Diamond and above level in C&A. Being a stateroom roommate has no bearing in the vouchers.

Edited by clarea

So it's 3 vouchers per day - use them or lose them, they won't carry over for the next day? Also - can you only use them between 5:00-8:30PM?

Correct, use them or lose them, no carryover.

The time period they can be used is whenever the DL cocktail hour is on your ship. Normally that is 5 to 8:30pm, but might vary on some ships.

Correct, use them or lose them, no carryover.

The time period they can be used is whenever the DL cocktail hour is on your ship. Normally that is 5 to 8:30pm, but might vary on some ships.

Thanks Bob :) I appreciate the swift reply - you're the best

I've also read that someone wanted a frozen alcoholic drink at a bar. The bartender gave her a virgin frozen drink in one glass and rum in another glass. She poured one into the other...and was charged two vouchers. It's one way to do it.

In the DL, if I didn't feel like an alcoholic drink (don't drink beer or Coke)...I could get a nice fruit juice. I found it to be really nice. It's the same kind they'd serve at a Welcome Back or Captain's event.

:D

We were on the Explorer in August and used our free drinks every night. One person in our group does not drink alcohol and he was able to get Sprite Zero every night with no charge to our cards. However, we were very generous with our tips all trip.