Sky suite vs celebrity suite on reflection

sprout76

I've heard nothing but great things about Rome in Limo and and will definitely be using them in Italy. Thanks for the info on Greece. I'll definitely look into them. I've also heard PK travel is good to work with. Did you happen to stop in Turkey on your cruise? Finding info on private tours there doesn't seem as robust as the other two. I can always go through celebrity too, but thought I'd ask.

I have thought about waiting until after final payment to see if I could get a better deal, but I'm too fearful that I'd miss out on a cabin I really want and don't want to settle. Making reservations this weekend...so excited. You have all been so very helpful. Thank you for taking the time to answer all of my questions. One of the many reasons I love cruise critic!!

Hi-

We used a company called Ephesus Deluxe in Istanbul and Ephesus and they did a great job at great rates, I would definitely recommend them too.

We worked with Private Greece Tours on two different trips and they were just great. There are so many transportation strikes in Athens(at least there were in 2011 & 2012) and Nikos, the president of the company kept us completely informed right up to the date we arrived so we would know what to expect. The first time we went to all the sights in Athens and the 2nd time we went to Corinth and Mycenae, which was a wonderful day.

I know with Rome In Limo they have a "trip sharing" option on their website which we never used but I've heard great things about it. I don't think you can go wrong with any of these three companies, very professional and informed and easy to communicate with.

Have a wonderful cruise!!:)

Thanks for this post ! We will be on our first Celebrity cruise and booked a corner Sky Suite. I was hoping we made a good choice, and by reading the rest of these posts, it looks like we won't be disappointed !

I'm glad it also helped someone else!! It definitely helped me

Hi-

We used a company called Ephesus Deluxe in Istanbul and Ephesus and they did a great job at great rates, I would definitely recommend them too.

We worked with Private Greece Tours on two different trips and they were just great. There are so many transportation strikes in Athens(at least there were in 2011 & 2012) and Nikos, the president of the company kept us completely informed right up to the date we arrived so we would know what to expect. The first time we went to all the sights in Athens and the 2nd time we went to Corinth and Mycenae, which was a wonderful day.

I know with Rome In Limo they have a "trip sharing" option on their website which we never used but I've heard great things about it. I don't think you can go wrong with any of these three companies, very professional and informed and easy to communicate with.

Have a wonderful cruise!!:)

Thank you so much for the information! I really appreciate it. I'm sure this will come in handy

Our cruise has a stop in Labadee . Does anyone know which class suite are offered access to the cabanas at Barefoot Beach ? We have a Sky suite booked. On Royal, if you are in a Grand Suite or bigger, the concierge will send you an Email prior to the cruise asking if you want one reserved. Just wondering how Celebrity works this ! Also, what is considered a " full" suite on Celebrity ? Thanks for any help !

Our cruise has a stop in Labadee . Does anyone know which class suite are offered access to the cabanas at Barefoot Beach ? We have a Sky suite booked. On Royal, if you are in a Grand Suite or bigger, the concierge will send you an Email prior to the cruise asking if you want one reserved. Just wondering how Celebrity works this ! Also, what is considered a " full" suite on Celebrity ? Thanks for any help !

I'm not sure about Labadee, and the Cabanas, I actually don't think many stops on Celebrity have been there yet. I would guess based on the fact that the ships are smaller, and the total suite numbers it would either be Royal Suites and up or Celebrity Suites and up.

Full Suites are:

Reflection Suite (Reflection only)

Penthouse

Royal Suite

Signature Suite (Reflection only)

Celebrity Suite

These suites have access to the Suite only (and Zenith) Michael's Club lounge and will receive the pre-cruise email asking about any special requests.

Sky Suites are "Junior Suites" With a butler and access to the new suite restaurant (as of April 2015).

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Celebrity just this year started having a suite concierge email guests in advance of sailing. It is the Michael's Club concierge who does this, and as Michaels is for Celebrity Suites and better (no sky suites) I assume this email also only goes out to Celebrity suites and higher.

How many cabanas are there?

Silhouette has 22 premium suites eligible for Michael's Club Concierge, and 44 SkySuites.

on celebrity you can book a cabana without being in a suite. Listed on specialty dining page a few months before your cruise. You can pick the location, hillside, nellies beach, etc. Some are for suite only guests. Call celebrity if they are not listed on line. Usually four to six months before your sail date. You have to be "early" to get one. Have had on RC and Celebrity! Love the cabanas! Sailing to coco key next year in a grand suite on RCI will a concierge send me an email re the Cabana's?

Edited by Cruise a holic

on celebrity you can book a cabana without being in a suite. Listed on specialty dining page a few months before your cruise. You can pick the location, hillside, nellies beach, etc. Some are for suite only guests. Call celebrity if they are not listed on line. Usually four to six months before your sail date. You have to be "early" to get one. Have had on RC and Celebrity! Love the cabanas! Sailing to coco key next year in a grand suite on RCI will a concierge send me an email re the Cabana's?

These cabanas are on Nellie's Beach and can be booked in advance.

The suite cabanas are on Barefoot Beach, an area reserved for those in suites, and can/could not be booked in advance. I assume, like cle-guy, it will now be possible to reserve a Barefoot Beach cabana when the Michael's Club concierge contacts those in Celebrity Suites and above pre-cruise but, as Celebrity does not stop at Labadee very often, this may not have happened yet.

as Celebrity does not stop at Labadee very often, this may not have happened yet.

Not sure what you consider very often but my last 3 Celebrity cruises all stopped at Labadee. Eclipse stops on every cruise when it is in the Caribbean, at least it did the last few years.

No, its not like Royal which has stops every week by Allure & Oasis, but then there are very few ports anywhere that can handles those huge ships.

Not sure what you consider very often but my last 3 Celebrity cruises all stopped at Labadee. Eclipse stops on every cruise when it is in the Caribbean, at least it did the last few years.

No, its not like Royal which has stops every week by Allure & Oasis, but then there are very few ports anywhere that can handles those huge ships.

We stopped their on the Silhouette earlier this year and the new process for Cabana selection wasn't enforce yet.

Celebrity just this year started having a suite concierge email guests in advance of sailing. It is the Michael's Club concierge who does this, and as Michaels is for Celebrity Suites and better (no sky suites) I assume this email also only goes out to Celebrity suites and higher.

How many cabanas are there?

Silhouette has 22 premium suites eligible for Michael's Club Concierge, and 44 SkySuites.

I didn't receive an email from the concierge for our cruise two weeks ago on the Reflection. Thanks to you I got the email and contacted him before the cruise with some minor requests. Lenny was wonderful and really helpful. :)

Edited by drarill

I didn't receive an email from the concierge for our cruise two weeks ago on the Reflection. Thanks to you I got the email and contacted him before the cruise with some minor requests. Lenny was wonderful and really helpful. :)

Sailing on 8/10 on the Summit in a CS. Never got a call from the concierge yet- Can you make spa appointments in the hair salon?

Sailing on 8/10 on the Summit in a CS. Never got a call from the concierge yet- Can you make spa appointments in the hair salon?

Yes!!! that's one of the reasons I wanted to email him before the cruise. Hair appointments for formal nights are difficult to get. Lenny made those appointments for me before the cruise. :):)

We like to sail on Freedom, and I will usually contact the Concierge long before the cruise. The Email I use is FR_ Concierge@rccl.com. A normal response I get, is to wait till the cruise is only a week away. Normally the week before the cruise, he Emails us letting us know which cabanas are available ! Be sure to put an underscore between the ship and concierge . If you are on Enchantment, it will be EN_Concierge......etc etc. also the Royal page has a lot of posts on getting in touch with each ships Concierge ! Hope this helps !

Eclipse did not stop on her Jan 25, 2014 cruise nor her Jan 18, 2014 cruise. 14 day Caribbean cruises.

Eclipse did not stop on her Jan 25, 2014 cruise nor her Jan 18, 2014 cruise. 14 day Caribbean cruises.

OKAY, I admit I didn't look at every single sailing, but she did stop there on her December sailings.

And in looking at this coming winter I see Silhouette, Reflection and Equinox are all stopping there on their Western Caribbean routes which means that X is stopping there at least once every week. I'd say that's enough stops to make that a frequent stop for X.