WOW ! (Word of Warning) Independence of The Seas

So somebody wasn't happy about his cruise and as usual all the RCI cheerleaders leap on him, calling him a troll and an obese drunk and all sorts of other things. OK, so some of his complaints seem trivial, but what's trivial to one person may not be to another and vice versa.

I was on the Serenade in June and I had a blast, but that was mainly down to the great people I met and the itinerary. The ship was great, but there were lots of little niggles. For me the service just wasn't what I was used to on RCI, the MDR wasn't hitting the mark (½ hour to take our orders?). It won't stop me booking another RCI cruise, but I may well think twice if another line is offering the same itinerary at a similar price.

And I think that if you're on the drinks package and it's a sea day, it's perfectly possible to get through 15 drinks a day. I wouldn't want to, but it's possible.

The problem is you're taking what the OP posted seriously. His post reeks of a previous poster that had a couple of different screen names and was banned. Some gullible people fall for his posts, but he was found out to be nothing but a troll.

Don't assume every time people see through a poster that they're "cheerleaders" because then you'd be wrong.

Edited by BND

So somebody wasn't happy about his cruise and as usual all the RCI cheerleaders leap on him, calling him a troll and an obese drunk and all sorts of other things. OK, so some of his complaints seem trivial, but what's trivial to one person may not be to another and vice versa.

I was on the Serenade in June and I had a blast, but that was mainly down to the great people I met and the itinerary. The ship was great, but there were lots of little niggles. For me the service just wasn't what I was used to on RCI, the MDR wasn't hitting the mark (½ hour to take our orders?). It won't stop me booking another RCI cruise, but I may well think twice if another line is offering the same itinerary at a similar price.

And I think that if you're on the drinks package and it's a sea day, it's perfectly possible to get through 15 drinks a day. I wouldn't want to, but it's possible.

C'mon c'mon, get a grip, he's joking :)

Thanks

Nice to see not everyone taking my remarks out of context to defend RCI or to make snide unnecessary comments about weight.

I never once said I didn't enjoy the cruise, but commentied on what I felt were obvious cutbacks.

A lot of ignorant people out there.

Brits have a bad Reputation all over Europe in regards to their behavior on vacation.

I know it´s sterotype, but this OP just fits the stereotype.

While I don´t even think the OP can remember anything from his cruise.

On the other Hand I wouldn´t be surprised if the waiter was less than stellar and I would sympathise with them, as I wouldn´t want to serve a drunken a** either.

I hope the OP was turned off from RCI enough to not return. I wouldn´t have wanted to be on that cruise, but that´s not because of any issues the OP had, but for the fact the OP was on the cruise.

Suekay,

I read it and that was the last Little bit to confirm the OP is just a pot stirring troll.

What an arrogant and unnecessary post

OK, so some of his complaints seem trivial, but what's trivial to one person may not be to another and vice versa.

This.

In this case what's trivial to a LOT of people don't seem to be to the OP.

You don't have to be a cheerleader to say "99 things on the vacation went swimmingly, I'll give a pass on the one minor oops." DW couldn't get Lemon Drops in the CL on Serenade and Rita's wasn't serving full menu like Radiance, should we broadcast a Word of Warning? We got crappy service at the Coffee/Ice Cream Promenade place on both Voyager AND Mariner... two cruises ruined? Not exactly!!

It takes a Schleprock of galactic proportions for "a meal was cold, no pizza at 3am, avoid this ship!" That person needs to go talk to someone who had a pipe break in their cabin, came down with Noro, or got robbed on an excursion.

This.

In this case what's trivial to a LOT of people don't seem to be to the OP.

You don't have to be a cheerleader to say "99 things on the vacation went swimmingly, I'll give a pass on the one minor oops." DW couldn't get Lemon Drops in the CL on Serenade and Rita's wasn't serving full menu like Radiance, should we broadcast a Word of Warning? We got crappy service at the Coffee/Ice Cream Promenade place on both Voyager AND Mariner... two cruises ruined? Not exactly!!

It takes a Schleprock of galactic proportions for "a meal was cold, no pizza at 3am, avoid this ship!" That person needs to go talk to someone who had a pipe break in their cabin, came down with Noro, or got robbed on an excursion.

I never once said avoid the ship.

Well I won't get into any of the cultural issues that this post is going into, but I will say we just got off IOS in a suite and overall it was good. Certainly not great and there's quite a few opportunities that RCCL has to work on with there service.

I'll post a review later.

Well I won't get into any of the cultural issues that this post is going into, but I will say we just got off IOS in a suite and overall it was good. Certainly not great and there's quite a few opportunities that RCCL has to work on with there service.

Will be interested to read that, be prepared to be pounced on by apologists though.

Wow - a bit of a nasty comment about UK people, obesity and their healthcare system :-(

Yes - doesn't warrant a response

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity"

(Not my quote, it's M.L.King) wonder if the OP has heard of him

:confused:

Sorry to disappoint you Sherlock, but I do deny that.

I'm sure the moderators have IP details for ppl that are banned.

You can't seriously believe that someone who wants to can't get around that minor detail now can you? The individual who was banned at least twice with two different user names managed to and he wasn't all that bright. You're a real sweetheart.:rolleyes:

Edited by BND

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Except he explained what he meant by "pie" - meat pie like you can get in cafes & pubs over there, as in "pie & chips" or "pie, chips and beans" or "sausage, pie, chips & beans", same in Australia too:eek:

Doesn't that come with spam, spam, spam, and spam.

Pizza pie. Philadelphia is in the northeast and pizza pie is a common name here.

Thank you!! I'm originally from Philly and my dad always called it Pizza Pie-there was a pizza place called charley's (Roosevelt Blvd) and he called them tomato pies.

We would like to cruise more, but looking at the way prices are going up, got to re-look at the various options. I am just comparing the prices for European sailings in June 2015 versus how much we paid for our June 2014 sailing. We usually book about 1 year out.

Oh, lobster isn't served on European sailings? I didn't know that. No wonder we didn't get any during our recent Adventure of the Seas cruise out of Southampton. But we still had a fabulous time.

:):)

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Will be interested to read that, be prepared to be pounced on by apologists though.

I had some issues with this ship on one of the sailings that we did on it. I didn't get pounced on for writing about them.