Comedian Barnaby RIP

Copper10-8

A HAL favorite, comedian/juggler Barnaby (Jeffery Daniel), passed away this week :( He's been performing on HAL ships for a long time; as a guest entertainer, playing his guitar, juggling balls and other objects, catching rings thrown from the audience over his head with a Kazoo in his mouth, saying "it's all part of the act, folks" if he dropped one. One of the first things he would say when he came on stage dressed in his tux with his long hair and moustache was "I'll give you all a minute to absorb me". Very funny guy who will be missed! RIP Barnaby!

Barnaby-8X10-promo(1).jpg

I am sorry to learn of his passing, Copper. My prayers and sympathy to his family and friends. I have enjoyed his act on past cruises...a true performer, who will be missed.

Karen

:mad: We had seen Barnaby at least 6 times over the years, and even tho his show was always exactly the same, we never got tired of seeing him. He was a real gentleman both o n and off the stage. We will really miss him. RIP

This is so sad to hear of his passing. He performed on 7-1-14 for our 14 day Alaska cruise on the Amsterdam. We remember him on a previous cruise we took and were delighted to see him again on this recent cruise. A gentleman with clean humor and funs acts. Our condolences to his family.

Awww. We've seen him a couple of times over the years, last time on the Volendam in 2008. We were in the Tasman Sea, and the waves were so high, the Singers/Dancers were canceled, and Barnaby did a second, bonus show for us that night instead. I will never forget him juggling as the ship was pitching and rolling! (12- to 15- foot seas 'with an occasional larger one in the sequence', according to Captain Peter Bos.) He was so funny! I am sorry for your loss.

Robin

My condolences to all who loved him.

His was one of the best cruise shows I have seen, quite funny. I spoke with him briefly and found out we grew up near each other, but could not come up with a common friend or acquaintance.

Thanks for the link, Stakeout:

a sad day .. a very funny man.. and a gentleman on and off the stage... he loved his Texas Hold'em.. sailed with him a number of times.. he will be missed http://ezine.juggle.org/2014/07/26/obituary-barnaby-dan-jeffery/