Baggage limitation on Princess?

threetimesalady

I can't seem to find any documentation on the number of bags each passenger is allowed to bring onboard. I like to travel light but I am just curious if there is a limit? It blows my mind to think they leave it up to the passenger's discretion. Also, can someone give me an idea on how to bring on a small supply of soda and water if they are purchased just prior to boarding and after checking bags. Do you just bring along an empty duffle bag? Do without the bag and carry on in arms or shopping bags? Bind them together with duct tape and affix luggage tag? How do most people handle this? Thanks for any tips!

I can't seem to find any documentation on the number of bags each passenger is allowed to bring onboard. I like to travel light but I am just curious if there is a limit? It blows my mind to think they leave it up to the passenger's discretion. Also, can someone give me an idea on how to bring on a small supply of soda and water if they are purchased just prior to boarding and after checking bags. Do you just bring along an empty duffle bag? Do without the bag and carry on in arms or shopping bags? Bind them together with duct tape and affix luggage tag? How do most people handle this? Thanks for any tips!

There is no limit as to how many bags you may bring on the ship, unless you are traveling with my husband!!!

On our last cruise, which was the 15 day Panama Cruise on the Coral in May, we purchased 3 twelve packs of pop(soda) Packed them in a box that we got from Publix put a luggage tag on the box, then left them with the porter, along with our luggage. Was delivered to our room with no problem.

On our last cruise, which was the 15 day Panama Cruise on the Coral in May, we purchased 3 twelve packs of pop(soda) Packed them in a box that we got from Publix put a luggage tag on the box, then left them with the porter, along with our luggage. Was delivered to our room with no problem.

We do the same with water. Buy a case, put packing tape on it just to make sure the bottles stay where they are supposed to, slap a luggage tag on it and check it in with the luggage. Gets to the cabin no problem.

Agreed on the luggage limit...there is none, except my whining and complaining at the other half :)

No limit on baggage.

Wrap the soda well and put a baggage tag on it and give it to the porters or carry it on.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

There is no limit on your luggage for the cruise. Remember, your luggage will be in your cabin for the duration. Only so much will fit under the bed and in the corner of the closet.

So give it to the steward & let him store it. Where to store the clothes in the room may be a problem unless you have a full suite.

We have booked a balcony in all four of our cruises. Three were seven days each and one was eleven. We have never had problems storing our clothes nor our suitcases. There is plenty of room in the closet and the shelves. And we even take formal wear for formal nights.

So give it to the steward & let him store it. Where to store the clothes in the room may be a problem unless you have a full suite.

As far as I know, they won't do that... the luggage has to be stored in the cabin.

We do the same with water. Buy a case, put packing tape on it just to make sure the bottles stay where they are supposed to, slap a luggage tag on it and check it in with the luggage. Gets to the cabin no problem.

From time to time, I bring on a case of water in Ft. Lauderdale.

On three consecutive cruises, I found one bottle pilfered.

I started wrapping the case with strapping tape, and had

no further problem.

Also, can someone give me an idea on how to bring on a small supply of soda and water if they are purchased just prior to boarding and after checking bags. Do you just bring along an empty duffle bag? Do without the bag and carry on in arms or shopping bags? Bind them together with duct tape and affix luggage tag? How do most people handle this? Thanks for any tips!

Can either carry it on yourself or check it as additional baggage. Your choice.

There is no limit as to how many bags you may bring on the ship, unless you are traveling with my husband!!!

Sounds like my hubby.:rolleyes:

Anyway, we get a large plastic bin, put the box o'wine (this was after the new policy was put in place, but we didn't have problem at the Port of LA doing putting it -- a reduced size from previous cruises so it was under the weight limit -- into checked containers), my 'Dew, and some Sobe in it, taped it up good with a luggage tag pasted on. Hubby gave to porter with other checked in luggage with some cash. Got to the cabin fine (as was the case with previous cruises). Sometimes we put under the bed, sometimes in the closet, no prob.

We have a rule - You pack it, you carry it. It keeps the packing to what is actually needed.
Unfortunately we cross-pack our luggage, so this won't work. I'll try to limit DH to no more than five pairs of shoes. They really eat up room in a suitcase.

This will be the longest cruise ever for us. So am definitely thinking soda & water and a $20. bill to deliver it to the cabin. I am also taking pringles and m&ms. We have been experimenting with black box wine. It has a clear bag in it, not mylar. As we are driving to the port of LA we will have lots of room to load up with whatever we want. We may have to leave a suitcase behind coming home, since we are flying from Rio to LA. Obviously drinks and foods will be consumed, so maybe we will try a packing box instead of a suitcase. CC has so many great ideas. Thanks for sharing.

This will be the longest cruise ever for us. So am definitely thinking soda & water and a $20. bill to deliver it to the cabin.

No need to spend $20 for that as the person you are giving it to has the least amount of work in getting to your cabin.

That person just brings in to where it is loaded into a big bin.

Someone else uses a forklift to bring the bin onto the ship.

Someone else sorts it on the ship.

Someone else brings it to your cabin.

OK, I give up. Why do people pay perfectly good money for water to schlep onboard, rather than using a refillable, environmentally friendly bottle and the ship's perfectly pure supply? (Unless it's some mineral water you like the taste of.) Anybody?

No need to spend $20 for that as the person you are giving it to has the least amount of work in getting to your cabin.

That person just brings in to where it is loaded into a big bin.

Someone else uses a forklift to bring the bin onto the ship.

Someone else sorts it on the ship.

Someone else brings it to your cabin.

Sorry but we always tip the people who are handling our luggage and the extra items (pop..water..etc) that we bring with us. Call it a nice gesture to the person the you are directly dealing with plus a feeling of security that it will arrive to our cabin safely!!!

OK, I give up. Why do people pay perfectly good money for water to schlep onboard, rather than using a refillable, environmentally friendly bottle and the ship's perfectly pure supply? (Unless it's some mineral water you like the taste of.) Anybody?

Special precious snowflakes need their hydration of choice?

(I'm against bottled water in general, it's very wasteful and has a huge environmental impact)

Checking in water/soda - Keep in mind that checked items can get tossed around a bit and also stacked several bags high. You don't want those flimsy water bottles or cans breaking and ruining luggage and the contents inside. That said, although I don't bring bottled water (ship's water is fine) I do bring 2 or 3 colas with me and then get more when in port, if needed.

Sorry but we always tip the people who are handling our luggage and the extra items (pop..water..etc) that we bring with us. Call it a nice gesture to the person the you are directly dealing with plus a feeling of security that it will arrive to our cabin safely!!!

I did not say do not tip, but giving $20 to the first person who only does a small part of getting to you cabin is overtipping.