Costco vs Celebrity

rucruisn2

Gotta love Costco. Deals and snacks for free!

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

We have "lunch at the club" on Sundays, lol.

Will look forward to trying these in CC on our upcoming Infinity cruise.

Interesting. I've never had humus, pita chips, and olives in a CC cabin. What ships have you been on? My last CC cabin was the Century in February.

Had them on the Solstice in New Zealand and Australia in Feb./March.

Interesting. I've never had humus, pita chips, and olives in a CC cabin. What ships have you been on? My last CC cabin was the Century in February.

Hi Linda:

We had them in AQ on the Solstice in Alaska in May. I would have been fine with them, but the olives were dried out and the chips were soggy. So we asked for a cheese platter the next day, and got four quarter slices of white processed cheese and four quarter slices of orange processed cheese. Nothing else...no fruits, etc. Both cheeses lacked any flavour, and pretty much tasted the same. Truly, they wouldn't qualify as cheese in our house. ;)They were nothing like the cheeses you used to get on a cheese platter, that always came with a few grapes at least.

I am lactose intolerant, but tasted the cheeses anyway, just see what they were like. I had no after effects from the cheese, which always tells me something. We cancelled the afternoon canapés. It was no big deal for me, because I usually have something at the Afternoon Tea. But my DH enjoys a nibble with his before-dinner drink on the balcony.

Hi Linda:

We had them in AQ on the Solstice in Alaska in May. I would have been fine with them, but the olives were dried out and the chips were soggy. So we asked for a cheese platter the next day, and got four quarter slices of white processed cheese and four quarter slices of orange processed cheese. Nothing else...no fruits, etc. Both cheeses lacked any flavour, and pretty much tasted the same. Truly, they wouldn't qualify as cheese in our house. ;)They were nothing like the cheeses you used to get on a cheese platter, that always came with a few grapes at least.

I am lactose intolerant, but tasted the cheeses anyway, just see what they were like. I had no after effects from the cheese, which always tells me something. We cancelled the afternoon canapés. It was no big deal for me, because I usually have something at the Afternoon Tea. But my DH enjoys a nibble with his before-dinner drink on the balcony.

Yes, that dreadful processed "cheese." Discovered how to get decent real cheese, crackers, olives, grapes, etc. Go up to the buffet and make up your own plate. They have real cheese, Carrs crackers, etc. We did that every day and brought the plate back down to the cabin for cocktail hour on the Reflection.

Yes, that dreadful processed "cheese." Discovered how to get decent real cheese, crackers, olives, grapes, etc. Go up to the buffet and make up your own plate. They have real cheese, Carrs crackers, etc. We did that every day and brought the plate back down to the cabin for cocktail hour on the Reflection.

If you really think about it-all of the snacks brought by the butler's aren't worth the calories!

We were in AQ on the Eclipse and the Equinox and had the canapés. All were very good. The hummus with the pita chips was one if my favorites. I let my Sweetie have the olives, which are good too, and try to distract her from eating the hummus and chips.

For the a Foodies: The chips are chrunchy and have a somewhat flaky and layered consistency, with the perfect balance of salt. The hummus is pretty good. I make my own hummus, tahini and all, so I don't expect them to beat that. Mine has just a tiny bit more salt and can be addicting.

If they sell those chips at Costco I am so going to go buy some this weekend!

Edited by Chitown12562

I had it on Reflection in December and Millie in October. The problem I found was that they put the lid on top of everything and between the moisture in the olives and the hummus or whatever, the chips were soggy (or else they were just really OLD).

You are so right. Those chips are as soggy and chewy as they can be