Shot glasses from wine tasting

Have the shot glasses from wine tasting returned back to the glass ones or are they now giving out plastic ones as has been mentioned a while back? :( We were hoping to complete a collection before they changed again.

In April on the Emerald we were given the glass one @ the wine tasting.

Have the shot glasses from wine tasting returned back to the glass ones or are they now giving out plastic ones as has been mentioned a while back? :( We were hoping to complete a collection before they changed again.

We were on a BToB in April. First portion was a Transatlantic. We received the glass one. The on the second portion, a British Isles, we got the clunky, green, plastic monster. A dining room staff member approached our waiter, as he helped coordinate the a Elite Wine Tasting. She said a passenger had requested one of the plastic ones since she missed the wine tasting. He told her that she would have to turn her invitation card in to get one. I tell you!!! Everything is counted and guarded. ( by the way, we threw both of our plastic monsters away). Weren't worth packing.

A dining room staff member approached our waiter, as he helped coordinate the a Elite Wine Tasting. She said a passenger had requested one of the plastic ones since she missed the wine tasting. He told her that she would have to turn her invitation card in to get one. I tell you!!! Everything is counted and guarded.

I had no problem getting the shot glass when I chose not to

attend the wine tasting.

I simply asked the right person, he went and retrieved one,

and handed it to me.

• 6 months later...

<February 2015 UPDATE>

Not sure if this has been reported elsewhere already or not. I am using cruise ship internet so cant spare the minutes to do an exhaustive search.

We are on Ruby Princess and the familiar glass shot glasses have been discontinued. They still had them when we were onboard in December but not once we boarded again January 31. They do still have some available if you buy the $3 liquors with dinner but our waiter said that they have maybe 300 left and there would be something new coming, possibly with a 50th anniversary theme but nothing yet.

At the wine tasting there was just one additional regular wine glass. We have bought several liquors to get the glasses we need to complete several sets. Fortunately i had a list of what we need with us.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

Well things have changed since the last wine tasting I attended where they served the wine in a proper wine glass (red and white). Even our local wine and spirits store serves the wine in a glass. Sorry but plastic is for jello shots or for beer at a frat party.

<February 2015 UPDATE>

They do still have some available if you buy the $3 liquors with dinner but our waiter said that they have maybe 300 left and there would be something new coming, possibly with a 50th anniversary theme but nothing yet.

Terry

If they do come out with a 50th anniversary glass it would be disappointing since there was nothing last week.

Well things have changed since the last wine tasting I attended where they served the wine in a proper wine glass (red and white). Even our local wine and spirits store serves the wine in a glass. Sorry but plastic is for jello shots or for beer at a frat party.

I am not certain what this is in reference to? All the glasses at wine tasting were conventional wine glasses, just not the usual free shot glass.

Terry

To clarify, Princess uses "glass" wine glasses for the tasting with a shot glass as gift at the end. The changes have been whether the shot glass is made from glass or plastic or whether they are coming out with a special shot glass commemorating 50 years.

Never been to a wine tasting on Princess (but we have done stamtisch), but shot glasses? Really? Been to many wine tastings but never seen them use shot glasses.

I am not certain what this is in reference to? All the glasses at wine tasting were conventional wine glasses, just not the usual free shot glass.

Terry

From reading this I got the impression that they were serving the wine in shot glasses which I just couldn't picture glass or plastic. What are the shot used for during the wine tasting?

From reading this I got the impression that they were serving the wine in shot glasses which I just couldn't picture glass or plastic. What are the shot used for during the wine tasting?

The one shot glass used in the wine tasting is for the sweet dessert wine.

It is made of glass.

I used to keep a plastic shot glass in a cupboard in the garage. It was for "unusual" times when "the guys" were working in the garage or doing something off the wall. It worked fine then for shots of "whatever someone had at the time". Of course I was a lot younger then. :D

Plastic cups could work fine for 2 Buck Chuck. Heck, get a decent sized glass and there would only be two glasses in a bottle! :eek:

I like my wine in a nice glass. I can't imagine doing a wine tasting in plastic glasses. I love the nice big glasses in Vines. Those let me enjoy all aspects of the wine.