Starting rates

What is going on? Every cruise I check has a rate on the front page and when I click book now, those rates are not there. For example, look at June 27, San Juan, AOS. It has balcony rate listed as $874. When you click book now, you get nothing even close to that. I've checked several AOS cruises and the same thing happens. Any one know what is wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

what is going on? Every cruise i check has a rate on the front page and when i click book now, those rates are not there. For example, look at june 27, san juan, aos. It has balcony rate listed as $874. When you click book now, you get nothing even close to that. I've checked several aos cruises and the same thing happens. Any one know what is wrong?

It's been happening for a while now. The prices on the first page sometimes bear no relationship to the prices you see when you drill down.

Edited by clarea

In other words in order to find out pricing you have to go thru the whole booking process from start to finish, both while logged in AND not logged in.

Both with checking all applicable rates, senior, resident etc and without checking them

Handy isn't it:rolleyes::eek::(

I'm checking prices on an already booked cruise.

On the main screen for my date is says price from $462 per person. Once I continue through the best price is really $608 for my date. Is that an IT issue or am I missing something?

I called. The guy had no idea. I waited on hold while he talked to a supervisor that was just as clueless who said the first page rates are what it "could" start at. Not what it does start at. That is a joke. Yesterday the first page said 1239pp now it says $874pp. Something is definitely wrong.

On the main screen for my date is says price from $462 per person. Once I continue through the best price is really $608 for my date. Is that an IT issue or am I missing something?

And if you go one screen further and pull up the cost breakdown, you'll probably see a third "top line" price, that's roughly equal to the "starting from" price on the first page PLUS the "pick your cabin " price on the second page PLUS taxes:eek:

Sounds like IT needs to adjust their meds again:rolleyes:

I've experienced the issue before and called RCi. No luck getting the "visit and switch" pricing.

Constant problem with no valid reason. One time I was told that they must of released some rooms at the lower price but they were no longer available. That is doubtful since I was checking prices daily and this occurred many times over a weeks timeframe.

I'm surprised this hasn't created a false advertising claim

Sounds like IT needs to adjust their meds again

Naw - it's a bigger disconnect between IT, Marketing and revenue management. Marketing decides (or should) what we actually see, revenue management changes the prices, and IT tries to do what they are told to, and one of two things happen: IT commits, but fail to deliver (and the businesses don't react), or don't commit, but the other two units decide to do whatever they want to anyway.

It really is more like an upper management backbone issue not wanting to get everyone in line to do the right thing...

I'm keeping an eye on my cruise....I wonder if some price adjustments are going to happen. The front price was the same when I checked a few hrs ago, but when I go through a "mock booking" it's a few hundred less that it was a few hours ago. It's still more expensive than it was when I booked back in April, but my curiosity is now peaked enough to watch it.

I am surprised so many of you people actually look at the RC website.

I haven't messed with that site in forever.

You should go to a cruise travel website were you can see all the cruise lines for a particular month and compare.

It only takes a few seconds to check the prices.

I am surprised so many of you people actually look at the RC website.

I haven't messed with that site in forever.

You should go to a cruise travel website were you can see all the cruise lines for a particular month and compare.

It only takes a few seconds to check the prices.

Do they show loyalty rates too?

What is going on? Every cruise I check has a rate on the front page and when I click book now, those rates are not there. For example, look at June 27, San Juan, AOS. It has balcony rate listed as $874. When you click book now, you get nothing even close to that. I've checked several AOS cruises and the same thing happens. Any one know what is wrong?

It's a teaser rate. It's like buying a used car. They did have one for that price; unfortunately they sold it to someone else right before you hit buy. But since you're here, we will sell you one just like it for $999.:D

It's a teaser rate. It's like buying a used car. They did have one for that price; unfortunately they sold it to someone else right before you hit buy. But since you're here, we will sell you one just like it for $999.:D

Actually it says $874 for the balcony and then when I click book now, the balcony jumps to $1441-$1524. Total mess.

When looking at the page that shows your cruise click on "all depature dates". You will see various prices for several dates.

Edited by aftop

When looking at the page that shows your cruise click on "all available dates". You will see various prices for several dates.

Butthat's not the issue. When you click on the actual date the prices are all different. When I click on IOS 8/30/2015 it says "starting at $694" for a balcony. But then when I actually click on balcony it says "$964-1,021".

I called. The guy had no idea. I waited on hold while he talked to a supervisor that was just as clueless who said the first page rates are what it "could" start at. Not what it does start at. That is a joke. Yesterday the first page said 1239pp now it says $874pp. Something is definitely wrong.

A new sale started today..fares are down.

Both the 1st & 2nd pax now come up with a discount for our sailing.