Freedom of the Seas drydock

Why is there so much secrecy surrounding some of the enhancements to the Freedom?!

I also heard that Hairspray may be a new show, and now that I have heard it may just be a rumor :cool:

I'm still trying to find out if the suites are part of the planned upgrades during the drydock? All I am really sure of at this point is the addition of Giovanni's Table and Izumi.....

RCCL is usually very tight-lipped about their new ships and often times with the enhancements on existing ships. We'll be on the 2-night sailing 01/04 to 01/06 and also the 01/30 sailing, so will get to see the before and after. Will try to get lots of pictures.

I have the Ben & Jerry's Sweet on the 01/04 sailing. Thought this would be fun for 2-nights. Not sure I could handle the cow decor for much longer than that.

We just did a nine-night sailing on the Explorer of the Seas from Pt Canaveral. No reservatons for the ice skating show. They had set times for people based on their muster station. If you had a conflict, you went to Guest Services.

I-Fly is based in Orlando, so if sailing from Pt Canaveral and have an extended stay here, you can still enjoy the experience.

Sadly I live in Florida so I probably will not have an extended stay in Port Canaveral. You will have to keep us posted from your 2 day preview cruise!!!!

Edited by dcb999
Made a mistake

RCCL is usually very tight-lipped about their new ships and often times with the enhancements on existing ships. We'll be on the 2-night sailing 01/04 to 01/06 and also the 01/30 sailing, so will get to see the before and after. Will try to get lots of pictures.

I have the Ben & Jerry's Sweet on the 01/04 sailing. Thought this would be fun for 2-nights. Not sure I could handle the cow decor for much longer than that.

We just did a nine-night sailing on the Explorer of the Seas from Pt Canaveral. No reservatons for the ice skating show. They had set times for people based on their muster station. If you had a conflict, you went to Guest Services.

I-Fly is based in Orlando, so if sailing from Pt Canaveral and have an extended stay here, you can still enjoy the experience.

Nan, I too will be on the 1/30 sailing! Hoping to take lots of pictures and report back to the good people here on Cruise Critic. I am selfishly hoping that they do bring Hairspray. We know for sure new dining is coming but, I think that is all we know that's been officially in print. Nan, do you know how cabins and dining will be assigned on that sailing?

No. At the mercy of the cruise line for dining and cabin assignments.

The only change on dining that I'm aware of is that Portofino is going and Giovani's is coming in. I would like to see a Park Cafe. Don't expect to see Dynamic Dining on this ship, at least anytime soon.

I'm not really a fan of "Hairspray" and since it was on a previous ship (Oasis), it would be great to see something different. So I hope the rumors aren't accurate. Been there, done that already!

I love the Freedom and look forward to seeing the changes.

No. At the mercy of the cruise line for dining and cabin assignments.

The only change on dining that I'm aware of is that Portofino is going and Giovani's is coming in. I would like to see a Park Cafe. Don't expect to see Dynamic Dining on this ship, at least anytime soon.

I'm not really a fan of "Hairspray" and since it was on a previous ship (Oasis), it would be great to see something different. So I hope the rumors aren't accurate. Been there, done that already!

I love the Freedom and look forward to seeing the changes.

Nan, yes! I saw that Giovani's is coming in. Others have talked about Izumi and new cabins around the spa area as well as the nightclub moving and some new cabins in the crypt area. Can't wait to see as well!!

Nan, yes! I saw that Giovani's is coming in. Others have talked about Izumi and new cabins around the spa area as well as the nightclub moving and some new cabins in the crypt area. Can't wait to see as well!!
Have heard both yes and no on a Sabor going into the upper area of crypt.

From what I recall based on the in cabin video that was disusing the azipod issue.

Deck Three Crypt, cabins

Deck Four Crypt, Sabor

Deck Eleven, Portofino's to Giovanni's Table

Deck Twelve, if I recall correctly, 42 cabins that will be a mixture with balcony, floor to ceiling windows, and sure inside cabins. These would have the jogging track surrounding them.

Deck Fourteen, Izumi (will offer take-out [This is what the Captain claimed]), Olive or Twist, conversion to night club use.

Sure they were other items discussed, just don't recall them off hand.

Don't recall hearing anything in regards to the Concierge lounge or Diamond lounge.

This is what was shared during our captain Q&A also, except the cabins on deck 14 are replacing that part of the jogging track. They will be panoramic oceanview and balconies. See pic of Navigator that already underwent this change. They will be around the spa.

DSCN8177_zps48dc9563.jpeg

Also, the night club is moving to the Olive or Twist area. Cupcake cupboard is moving to a smaller area... jokingly referred to as the cupcake pantry :D

Here is the port schedule for Freeport. Many of these ships have webcams on them and you may be able to catch a shot of Freedom in the background. Happy hunting!

05-Jan-15 5268 Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Sensation

06-Jan-15 2002 Norwegian Sky

07-Jan-15 3652 Carnival Magic

08-Jan-15

09-Jan-15 2634 Carnival

Fascination

10-Jan-15 2628 Carnival Fantasy

11-Jan-15

12-Jan-15 6340 Carnival Liberty, Carnival Sensation

13-Jan-15 2002 Norwegian Sky

14-Jan-15

15-Jan-15

16-Jan-15

17-Jan-15

18-Jan-15

19-Jan-15 2640 Carnival Sensation

20-Jan-15 4630 Norwegian Sky, Carnival Fantasy

21-Jan-15

22-Jan-15 2600 Costa Mediterranea

23-Jan-15 2634 Carnival Fascination

24-Jan-15 2600 Costa Mediterranea

25-Jan-15 2628 Carnival Fantasy

26-Jan-15 2640 Carnival Sensation

27-Jan-15 2002 Norwegian Sky

28-Jan-15 7481 Explorer Of The Seas, Carnival Dream

Edited by LMaxwell

We got a 'yes' from both Captain Tor and the activities director, Jeremie... So, it sounds like Sabor is coming :)

I can't believe they are getting rid of the clubs on the Voyager and Freedom class. Those are the best clubs afloat. Putting them up in the VCL is not a good replacement. It's a real shame.

I can't believe they are getting rid of the clubs on the Voyager and Freedom class. Those are the best clubs afloat. Putting them up in the VCL is not a good replacement. It's a real shame.

Too much space not making money.

Has anyone found out how you got an invite on the Jan 30th sailing? I wonder if they plan to max out the ship or just have a select small group on the ship?

Cheryl

I know some travel agents have been invited :)

Edited by jtdlmc

Less public space. More people. Less fun.

I'm surprised they don't remove deck 8 from the Royal Promenade and replace it with inside staterooms. They could probably put 40 staterooms there. Maybe too extensive a change a one month dry dock.

I'm surprised they don't remove deck 8 from the Royal Promenade and replace it with inside staterooms. They could probably put 40 staterooms there. Maybe too extensive a change a one month dry dock.

haha. Great idea lol

Has anyone found out how you got an invite on the Jan 30th sailing? I wonder if they plan to max out the ship or just have a select small group on the ship?

Cheryl

If memory serves me, they did the same thing when Navigator came out of dry dock last January. A two day cruise was given for travel industry professionals so Royal could show off the upgrades and hype their product. We were on the second full cruise of Navi after the upgrades and even then there were some minor things still being completed (but nothing that caused any major problems with the enjoyment of our cruise).